Pages:
Author

Topic: [BitFunder] Fenix. Hashing from the ashes of Bakewell. - page 6. (Read 12266 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Board members are discussing the coupon schedule.

Dividend payments
Dividends are paid twice weekly and based on 70% of total mining proceeds from all equipment owned by Fenix minus Expenses described below.

Is there any open question left for discussion?
Activity: 406
Board members are discussing the coupon schedule.
do we get a dividend totay?
I may be able to get a discount on HashFast units, but I don't have the details right now.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
right nameface, no reason to rush.

btc hardware is in a state of flux (even more than usual) as gen2 asics arrive and the spectre of gen3 looms larger.

cash is king.  Suggest we wait and see, while putting reinvestment funds into ukyo.loan.

more importantly, has anyone been able to reach Ian Scamfail and rub it in?   Grin
The landscape of ASIC mining is changing fast and we want FENIX to be a balanced asset. If we rush to buy a third unit, we are putting all of our eggs in one basket. Buying hardware directly will make a bit more sense when we have more cash and/or shares on hand. We can always sell shares we hold if the prices rises, take profits off the table an order a unit...

We have some other good growth opportunities as well, including a lead on a new private hardware manufacturer, and the chance to do some lending. We want to make sure Fenix is nimble enough to capitalize on at least a handful of opportunities at once, and diversified enough to survive no matter what comes.

When you buy 50 BTC units, you have made a choice and there is no turning back.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
if the ice.drill IPO fails our money gets refunded.

if the IPO succeeds we have cheap shares of the next asicminer.

for diversification purposes I *should* be in favor of a little Lafcoin/Garden exposure, but my infallible instincts say go with hashfast, activemining, and/or cointerra pre-orders.

TL;DR: 28nm or GTFO
TO ALL FENIX SHAREHOLDERS!

The time has come to vote on how to invest 50% of our Growth Fund. The Board recommends we acquire a position in at least two of the following mining assets: LABCOIN and BTCGARDEN (BTC-TC), and ICEDRILL (BitFunder).

The first batch is a initial sale of 14,500,000 (14.5 million) shares, which will be sold on BitFunder for 0.0014 BTC per share. The first batch will raise money to partially pay for chips and mining equipment from the manufacturer (HashFast, see thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/hashfast-announces-specs-for-new-asic-400ghs-262052) This money needs to be raised before the 12th of August (00:00:00 UTC, 12 August 2013) for this IPO to be deemed successful.

The shares have no voting power.

----
Rather you folks go buy another miner and hook it up.

I don't think the rest of the shares on bitfunder will sell. 10mil is alot left to go before the 12th
edit: hit submit too soon...
Activity: 19
TO ALL FENIX SHAREHOLDERS!

The time has come to vote on how to invest 50% of our Growth Fund. The Board recommends we acquire a position in at least two of the following mining assets: LABCOIN and BTCGARDEN (BTC-TC), and ICEDRILL (BitFunder).

We feel this investment is a balanced choice which keeps the focus squarely on Bitcoin mining. Holding these assets offers us the chance to profit from growth, as well as the opportunity to increase our capital resources with cutting-edge hardware.

As always, we are open to suggestions. The investment of the entirety of our Growth Fund will be discussed shortly after this vote is completed.

Please send a private message to FenixPR matching the template below:

###

I, ____ , own X shares of Fenix, my BitFunder address is:

(example) 1AJtCkse7ZLV3Mb1VwhhFEEV9fSsZobVss

I vote YES , NO, or ABSTAIN on:

Use 50% of Growth Fund for investments in LABCOIN, BTCGARDEN, and/or ICEDRILL shares.

Notes/Preferences:

(we value all additional commentary)

###

Signature:

(example) IHaX/N/jvaQXKxvavFZLs47f52+u0Q43H3M1LYuvJvF/l6ZiMJfbMGAnjm8tocNKXS4pSffJySn1hpuPK14iOno=

Signed using:

(example) Bitcoin-QT

___

If any of you are not familiar with the process of signing a message, pls refer to the instructions below:

1. Go to http://blockchain.info/wallet/ and create a new wallet.
2. Login. And go to "Import / Export"
3. Go to "Import" in the left navigational panel.
4. Import your bitcoin address that is associated with your bitfunder.com account. This needs to be the address that is listed* on https://bitfunder.com/assetlist
5. Now go to "Receive Money" link.
6. Find your address that you just imported, and click on the "Actions" drop down to the right of it.
7. Click on Sign Message
8. Copy-paste the message and click "Sign Message" button. You will be shown a signature.
9. Send in your address, your exact signed message text, and your signature that they provide.

* If you don't own the private keys to the address listed on https://bitfunder.com/assetlist (say its a mtgox address or something) then please change your address first.
1. Create a new wallet at http://blockchain.info/wallet/
2. Login and go to "Receive Money" - you will see a new bitcoin address over there.
3. Now go to http://bitfunder.com and login in
4. Go to "Settings" page
5. On the bottom right hand side, you will see a field for "Public Bitcoin address" - paste your new blockchain bitcoin address over here and click "Change Public Bitcoin Address".
6. Go to the https://bitfunder.com/assetlist and confirm that your public address has been updated for the Bakewell security.
7. Then login to blockchain.info/wallet and proceed from Step 5 in the list above.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye
A bit of dumping bakewell shares that were converted to fenix? Any speculation?  I am guessing some are just happy to be rid of bakewell, others are cashing out to bit on another ipo?

Since it was just listed yesterday, it is not surprising there is some volatility as the market settles on a price for this. We will get a clearer picture after there are a couple more dividend payments.

Wow, too bad they dumped like that. Looks like the price range jumped right back up to between 0.020 and 0.025.

Bitcoin investors are not known for being logical or patient. That is why the bid-ask spreads can be quite large on many assets.
Activity: 179
Merit: 100
Bitcoin: money chosen by the market.
A bit of dumping bakewell shares that were converted to fenix? Any speculation?  I am guessing some are just happy to be rid of bakewell, others are cashing out to bit on another ipo?

Since it was just listed yesterday, it is not surprising there is some volatility as the market settles on a price for this. We will get a clearer picture after there are a couple more dividend payments.

Wow, too bad they dumped like that. Looks like the price range jumped right back up to between 0.020 and 0.025.
There's no telling what people will do when they receive "free money". It's logical to assume a % of them will want/need to cash out.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

Activity: 151
Merit: 100
Had I been watching, I'd gladly buy for those prices, still above my adjusted cost from Bakewell.

Date   Type   Price Per   Amount   Total
2013-08-07 14:13:30       ฿0.01000000    5    ฿0.05000000
2013-08-07 14:09:37       ฿0.01200000    254    ฿3.04800000
2013-08-07 14:09:31       ฿0.01210000    14    ฿0.16940000
2013-08-07 14:04:53       ฿0.01210000    4    ฿0.04840000
2013-08-07 13:58:15       ฿0.01210000    1    ฿0.01210000
2013-08-07 13:57:45       ฿0.01210000    1    ฿0.01210000
2013-08-07 13:57:45       ฿0.01500000    2    ฿0.03000000
2013-08-07 13:57:44       ฿0.01754538    4    ฿0.07018152
2013-08-07 13:57:44       ฿0.01500001    1    ฿0.01500001
2013-08-07 13:57:43       ฿0.01810000    1    ฿0.01810000
Go for ipo on Fenix.Research

Summary: Research into quantum processing mining. Get your coins before you mine them.

On a serious note. An ipo with a clear indication that 10% of mining proceeds would be part of a research division of Fenix that could do things with the leaway Darpa has.

Smiley We could produce the world's 1st chemical grade bitcoin nanobot miners.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
Unlimited Free Crypto

Summary: Research into quantum processing mining. Get your coins before you mine them.

On a serious note. An ipo with a clear indication that 10% of mining proceeds would be part of a research division of Fenix that could do things with the leaway Darpa has.

Ha Ha......... Ha -_-!

Future investments.

I think it makes good sense to place 30% funds not paid as dividends with coinlender. But without locking it in.

And then when we are ready to invest, we should go for a diversified group purchase like the one CoinHoarder is doing.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/closed-diversified-group-buy-kncbitfuryvmchashfast-268280

Order from multiple vendors.

Maybe issue new shares to place the orders from multiple vendors. Or maybe just join a group buy already happening where we don't have to raise more funds, but still maintain the growth.

If we have to issue new shares - how would we go about calculating the strike price?

One choice for any new shares would be a completely new issue, probably as a type of bond or loan. Maybe named "Fenix.Grow," offering a flat percentage dividend that begins paying on a specific date, say 1 month from now. The bond (or loan) could be bought back from the growth fund at a flat rate percentage on a specified date.

That satisfies keeping the Fenix asset issue intact, gives Fenix itself working capital, and offers a repayment plan.

That new issue could be placed on any exchange, because it would be separate from the Fenix asset issue.

How's that?   Wink

It is the only way it should be otherwise I am out. Dilution by adding shares would mean falling prices.

Agree 100%. We could also use the remaining 30 % to pay out a dividend for the new IPO. People need to see that they do not have to wait 6 month for any  r. o. c.
Pages:
Jump to: