Author

Topic: [BitFunder] IceDrill.ASIC IPO (235 Thash Mining Operation powered by HashFast) - page 116. (Read 378355 times)

Activity: 617
Merit: 250
I'm out unless we get more of the pie. If those numbers are correct this is just a get rich quick scheme.
Vbs
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
If the chips are fully operational on the 1st of November without any delays (and they keep their promise of a max of 40W/chip, 10GH/s/W), the investors that are paying a total of BTC44,750 for 300TH (60%), will probably have an estimated max profit of ~16.8% until it tops out in October 2014.

Data: http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/

Now, from the issuer's point of view... Notice the "Cumulative Return" column.

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
The IceDrill mine, at launch, will be running with 500 Terahashes (500,000 Gigahashes) of power. This asset comprises 60% of the mine’s ongoing profits (meaning roughly 100% of 300 TH power). However, this asset is NOT tied to a specific hashrate. Rather, it is tied to a specific percentage of IceDrill profits, meaning that as the mine grows in hash power, so too do the profits earned by the shares. While one share will be worth roughly 10 Mhash of mining power upon launch, it will be worth more hash power over time as the mine grows.

In order to grow, 75% of the profit from each shares share will be paid out to the investor, and the remaining 25% will be reinvested in additional mining capacity on a continual basis. Thus, the mine will grow substantially over time to maintain the most efficient market share.

So how much money did you / the other party put into this biz? You are selling 30 mio shares @ ~0.0015 BTC with a price of ~$100/btc, that are $4.500,000 while the shareholders only get 45% (75% of 60%) of the profits and finance all the "hashrate grow" with  15% (25% of 60%) of the profit... So you and the other partys finance 3mio ?

also, how much if ANY coins are the "shareholders/owners" putting up of their own money. or are they saying that their work/expertise is worth 40% management fee?

If you finance nothing, then please let me "manage" something too. I'd love to get 40% of a $4,500,000 company for making some phone calls and writing some emails...
legendary
Activity: 906
Merit: 1002
The IceDrill mine, at launch, will be running with 500 Terahashes (500,000 Gigahashes) of power. This asset comprises 60% of the mine’s ongoing profits (meaning roughly 100% of 300 TH power). However, this asset is NOT tied to a specific hashrate. Rather, it is tied to a specific percentage of IceDrill profits, meaning that as the mine grows in hash power, so too do the profits earned by the shares. While one share will be worth roughly 10 Mhash of mining power upon launch, it will be worth more hash power over time as the mine grows.

In order to grow, 75% of the profit from each shares share will be paid out to the investor, and the remaining 25% will be reinvested in additional mining capacity on a continual basis. Thus, the mine will grow substantially over time to maintain the most efficient market share.

So how much money did you / the other party put into this biz? You are selling 30 mio shares @ ~0.0015 BTC with a price of ~$100/btc, that are $4.500,000 while the shareholders only get 45% (75% of 60%) of the profits and finance all the "hashrate grow" with  15% (25% of 60%) of the profit... So you and the other partys finance 3mio ?

also, how much if ANY coins are the "shareholders/owners" putting up of their own money. or are they saying that their work/expertise is worth 40% management fee?

If you finance nothing, then please let me "manage" something too. I'd love to get 40% of a $4,500,000 company for making some phone calls and writing some emails...
Activity: 448
Not saying it is a scam necessarily but it was clearly rushed to the scene and the numbers make no sense.

Hmm.. this story.. sounds.. familiar.. .. .. somehow... Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1025
Merit: 1000
I'm suffering from "Mining IPO Fatigue" = MIPOF

I don't see how the market can possibly support a new IPO every week. The cake isn't growing, its unsustainable.

I'm not saying this IPO is any stronger or weaker than any other recent IPOs. All I do know is the later you are to the party, the lesser the chance of success.

If you launch this year, you've still got a good chance. So good luck with a speedy and successful launch. But as they say on Dragon's Den, I'm out.

Anyone thinking of IPOing a mining company 2014, forget it. The appetite will have long gone due to the ever increasing market place competition and inevitable bankruptcies that will start happening at turn of the year.

Ditto

At this point, any start ups would be better off trying to get a bank loan using these same projections

I've got  "Mining IPO Fatigue Fatigue" = MIPOFF.

People whining about 'too many' IPOs is the cause.    Tongue

The market decides a sector needs more firms when profits are excessive (cough, AM/Avalon, cough).

The more the merrier because consumers (of ASICs and IPOs) benefit from competition, as does BTC security.

If a plethora of options hurts your wee noggin, go play outside.  Or, suck it up and try harder.

Competition is healthy.
Quick and slapped together IPOs like this, made solely to profit off suckers, is wrong.

Not saying it is a scam necessarily but it was clearly rushed to the scene and the numbers make no sense.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
People better get in fast because these shares are a bargain compared to the other mining companies. We are going to see another IPO mania (like Labcoin and BTCGARDEN) as people sell off their other mining shares to get in on the action.

By your logic, If some guys puts up another IPO to buy HashFast chips, we are going to see another IPO mania ?
Maybe you are just kidding.
Have HashFast said they will only sell chips to IceDrill ?
Activity: 617
The fact you seem to have no idea what kind of profitability you will have doesn't inspire confidence at all. If we're investing millions of dollars we should get more than just a "Well we don't know, so just figure it out and take the risk." While difficulty is hard to predict it shouldn't be up to us to do the legwork. How about a set of possible outcomes? How about estimates on your costs like electricity? You should know this already before asking us for money along with what the risk levels are for each profitability outcome.

Activity: 546
If I understand correctly, HashFast is not the same as FastHash. Smiley

-Ukyo

wow, so it wasn't a typo

this is bonkers
Activity: 448
If I understand correctly, HashFast is not the same as FastHash. Smiley

-Ukyo
Activity: 119
BTCgarden is going to have to work extra hard trying for that 35% with this thing rolling out

500TH is no joke

everyone has known about the hashfast technology that ActiveMining is selling. It would be out there whether these guys IPO successfully or not

a mass scale group buy is opportunity for those that don't want to take the mining risk themselves

Wrong company.
Activity: 546
BTCgarden is going to have to work extra hard trying for that 35% with this thing rolling out

500TH is no joke

everyone has known about the hashfast technology that ActiveMining is selling. It would be out there whether these guys IPO successfully or not

a mass scale group buy is opportunity for those that don't want to take the mining risk themselves
Activity: 167

Yea need an answer on this one Smiley

see.. i think companies developing/running asics are worth more "management fees" as more difficult work is required (making the asics).
40% ownership if nothing is put up on their part (besides ordering and setting the facility up) is quite a big cut

Has this been answered/addressed yet?
legendary
Activity: 1246
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

500TH is no joke
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

I don't see how the market can possibly support a new IPO every week. The cake isn't growing, its unsustainable.

I'm not saying this IPO is any stronger or weaker than any other recent IPOs. All I do know is the later you are to the party, the lesser the chance of success.

If you launch this year, you've still got a good chance. So good luck with a speedy and successful launch. But as they say on Dragon's Den, I'm out.

Anyone thinking of IPOing a mining company 2014, forget it. The appetite will have long gone due to the ever increasing market place competition and inevitable bankruptcies that will start happening at turn of the year.

Ditto

At this point, any start ups would be better off trying to get a bank loan using these same projections

Roll Eyes

I've got  "Mining IPO Fatigue Fatigue" = MIPOFF.

People whining about 'too many' IPOs is the cause.    Tongue

The market decides a sector needs more firms when profits are excessive (cough, AM/Avalon, cough).

The more the merrier because consumers (of ASICs and IPOs) benefit from competition, as does BTC security.

If a plethora of options hurts your wee noggin, go play outside.  Or, suck it up and try harder.
Activity: 104

Ditto

Activity: 518

Vbs
Activity: 504
If the chips are fully operational on the 1st of November without any delays (and they keep their promise of a max of 40W/chip, 10GH/s/W), the investors that are paying a total of BTC44,750 for 300TH (60%), will probably have an estimated max profit of ~16.8% until it tops out in October 2014.

Activity: 189

Also, if you purchase shares now and the third tranche fails, what will be the liquidation value of the company's assets to return to shareholders?

This.
They invest the money from the first two IPOs but if the third fails they will payback the money? How?
legendary
Activity: 1025
Didn't DeadTerra just step down as a passthrough because it was too much effort for him to be a middle man (and press a few buttons)... now he is fronting a $15 million IPO?  Roll Eyes

I just want to speculate how much $$ he lost people on his 'vacation' while shareholders were waiting for S Dice liquidation funds for several weeks...
Jump to: