Author

Topic: [BitFunder] IceDrill.ASIC IPO (235 Thash Mining Operation powered by HashFast) - page 113. (Read 378355 times)

Activity: 104
Merit: 10
Each share is less than 7,5 Mh/s. You forgot 25% investment and expences like power and mangement. It will grow and someday will hit 10 Mh/s but when no one knowes. I've asked how often hardware will be added but without response.

Ahh yes good point, I missed the 75% part...
legendary
Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001
Honestly..I can't see 10 million shares being sold in 3 days  Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000
Each share is less than 7,5 Mh/s. You forgot 25% investment and expences like power and mangement. It will grow and someday will hit 10 Mh/s but when no one knowes. I've asked how often hardware will be added but without response.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Apologies if anybody pointed it out already, but it seems like the IPO is priced so that the 60% profits you get is the same as if you had invested in HashFast hardware anyway.

So if you believe HashFast will deliver, then its essentially easier/less hassle to just buy the shares, as long as you have trust in the owners.

My maths:
IceDrill
10MH per share on IPO
0.00140 BTC ea

Each hashfast baby jet is
400,000MH per box
Costs approx 56BTC

So 400,000MH in shares = 40,000 shares = 56BTC

Alternatively you could buy the hardware and resell your preorder, or both.

Only reason to do it this way is if you don't have 56btc to spend.  If you order directly, you don't have to worry about trusting the intermediary, and you can chose how much you want to reinvest, rather then being stuck at 25%.
Activity: 104
Apologies if anybody pointed it out already, but it seems like the IPO is priced so that the 60% profits you get is the same as if you had invested in HashFast hardware anyway.

So if you believe HashFast will deliver, then its essentially easier/less hassle to just buy the shares, as long as you have trust in the owners.

My maths:
IceDrill
10MH per share on IPO
0.00140 BTC ea

Each hashfast baby jet is
400,000MH per box
Costs approx 56BTC

So 400,000MH in shares = 40,000 shares = 56BTC

Alternatively you could buy the hardware and resell your preorder, or both.
Activity: 617
Merit: 250
I must have missed it, my apologies. I deleted my post.
Activity: 179
Hmm that's weird I posted a question about HashFast's deal with IceDrill and it was deleted? I asked how they plan to compete with the other mining companies who are getting chips directly from the fabs and if they think their pricing disadvantage will be a factor or not.

Your post is here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2890729

Deleting posts, even if we could, would be reprehensible and against our policy of transparency and honesty.

We are aware that none of the second batch of outstanding questions have been answered. The answers to these will be forthcoming in the next Q&A instalment when they are finalised. We implore you to please keep your questions clear, concise and to the point as it will ensure a quicker turnaround. Direct links to these Q&As will be included in the initial post to ease navigation for newcomers and act as an FAQ reference.

EDIT: @LordMeowMeow, your post is an example of this conciseness we speak of and we appreciate it, thank you Smiley

EDIT2: Apologies if this seems like an excuse, but one of the reasons for the delay is due to our coordination with Hashfast marketing regarding their Baby Jet pre-order release today:
https://www.hashfast.com/HFshop/babyjet/
Activity: 210
Uniquify != HashFast.
Except even the bricks (HashFast chippery) do not exist.
I would say it's more like an architect to design the structure, which is supposedly happening, and the people responsible haven't failed yet.
I don't care if the brick-firing plant is working hard on brick blueprints.
Does the plant have enough bricks (chips) for the builder (IceDrill) to build the house?  
No?  
Does it have any bricks?
No?  
Has it ever produced bricks before?  
No?  
Then i'm afraid we're still shitoutof bricks.
Except no bricks of this kind (28nm hashing ASICs) exist *anywhere.*
I don't mind if you call people gamblers rather than investors or consumers.  Everyone has some incentive for what they do.  Including you.  Mind letting us know what yours is?  You put an awful lot of energy into trolling new mining threads.  What is the payoff of that?
Not sure how my motivations are relevant here.  It's clear i'm not a fan, and i try to present a convincing case.  Or not.
Except no bank would fund a building project, along with a brick company with no bricks to its name.
They would if they were a proven company with a history of bringing products, but alas this is bitcoin and everything done in this space is new.
Well, no.  Avalon & BFL have already delivered product, so this is no terra incognita*.  KNC & Bitfury have irons in the fire, if we take them at their word.  There are plenty of horses to back -- more IPOs than you can shake a stick at.  Sure, 28nm is new to the scene -- great reason not to trust a bunch of unknowns.  New tech, combined with no experience, rushed R&D & no-prototype-production = recipe for big fail.
Except no bank would fund a house of dubious legal status, without reams of paperwork that would actually stand up to legal scrutiny.
Yes, if your point is that there are a lot of scams, that is true.  What about all the money people make?  That's true too, people have to be diligent.
This particular offering of PMB & nonexistent chip, as i understand it, shows a pile of potential problems -- even before one applies due diligence.
But i won't stop anyone from investing -- neither can nor want to.
Except the bank is asked to assume *all* the risk with *no* guaranteed rewards.
Sounds like any new venture to me.
This one's different -- the people behind it are risking nothing.  If just the IPO makes good, that's a nice sum of bitcoins to control -- win, lose or draw.
If betting on a dream seems romantic to you, do it,but calling this "investing" is simply dishonest.  I've made sounder investments trying to win stuffies from carnies.
Except the value of this house is likely to *halve* every month.  
Where do you bank, brah?
Except you can rent the house from the first day.  If you picked the right one it will double or triple your money before utilities break the ratio.  Also you don't have to kick anyone out when you're tired of it.  Yes there is no guarantee.  Run scared!  No really, if you're not willing to research and lose despite, don't mine.  Wait 5 years, and hope that a huge corporation hasn't taken over the network.
There is no question of "from the first day" here.  If everything was set up & ready to go online, we wouldn't be wasting our time talking, right?
There is no mining gear.
There are no boards.  
There are no chips.  
There is no maskset.  
There's just a bunch of people asking for your coin.  
The offering is not even legal, the contract is not a contract is unenforceable, the shares or bonds or whatever these "virtual" things traded on a virtual exchange are  illegal according to US law, so unless you hail from Belize, forget about seeing your coin if anything goes wrong. Something like that.
I don't mind if you call people gamblers rather than investors or consumers.  Everyone has some incentive for what they do.  Including you.  Mind letting us know what yours is?  You put an awful lot of energy into trolling new mining threads.  What is the payoff of that?

The pay off is the same as every other troll - irritating people. Just put him on ignore.
Activity: 308
decentralizedhashing.com
Except he didn't.
Uniquify?
I would say it's more like an architect to design the structure, which is supposedly happening, and the people responsible haven't failed yet.
I don't mind if you call people gamblers rather than investors or consumers.  Everyone has some incentive for what they do.  Including you.  Mind letting us know what yours is?  You put an awful lot of energy into trolling new mining threads.  What is the payoff of that?
Except no bank would fund a building project, along with a brick company with no bricks to its name.
They would if they were a proven company with a history of bringing products, but alas this is bitcoin and everything done in this space is new.
Except no bank would fund a house of dubious legal status, without reams of paperwork that would actually stand up to legal scrutiny.
Yes, if your point is that there are a lot of scams, that is true.  What about all the money people make?  That's true too, people have to be diligent.
Sounds like any new venture to me.
Where do you bank, brah?
Except you can rent the house from the first day.  If you picked the right one it will double or triple your money before utilities break the ratio.  Also you don't have to kick anyone out when you're tired of it.  Yes there is no guarantee.  Run scared!  No really, if you're not willing to research and lose despite, don't mine.  Wait 5 years, and hope that a huge corporation hasn't taken over the network.
A better deal would be to pay out the full 100% interest every period, and let users decide how much they want to re-invest by floating new shares.

Of course, this would mean the share price would go down as the difficulty goes up.
Activity: 266
The problem's there's no hedging here, since there's no "reduced future risk." 
It's sort-of an anti-hedge -- HashFast fails?  The whole shebang fails, you lose. 
HashFast delivers but DeadTerra fails?  You lose too. 
It's more of a "future risk multiplier," probably fitting the catchall "derivative instrument," loosely indexed to how much people feel like paying for the things.  It's certainly an odd package, we're asked to fund *several* dubiously-symbiotic startups in a single offering.
I know right?  It's totally like building houses, and who in their right mind would put money into a house that doesn't exist yet? 

Ummmm every real estate developer in history?

thatwasthejoke.jpeg Grin
Activity: 112
I have a question for one of the management member, David Shin

Is your employer, Barclay's Capital has approved your participation into this startup?

Correct me if I'm wrong but major banks forces their employees to declare their OBIs (Outside Business Interest) and the employer have the right to refuse your involvement if it goes against the bank best interests.

What happens if Barclay's ask you to stop your participation into IceDrill?
Is Barclay's has invested into IceDrill?
Did they have accepted your participation in IceDrill?

If one major bank accepts someone from its management to be involved in a Bitcoin venture, this indirectly might send a important signal for the legitimacy of bitcoin....
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021
Democracy is the original 51% attack
It's sort-of an anti-hedge -- HashFast fails?  The whole shebang fails, you lose.  
HashFast delivers but DeadTerra fails?  You lose too.  
It's more of a "future risk multiplier," probably fitting the catchall "derivative instrument," loosely indexed to how much people feel like paying for the things.  It's certainly an odd package, we're asked to fund *several* dubiously-symbiotic startups in a single offering.
I know right?  It's totally like building houses, and who in their right mind would put money into a house that doesn't exist yet? 

Ummmm every real estate developer in history?
It's sort-of an anti-hedge -- HashFast fails?  The whole shebang fails, you lose.  
It's more of a "future risk multiplier," probably fitting the catchall "derivative instrument," loosely indexed to how much people feel like paying for the things.  It's certainly an odd package, we're asked to fund *several* dubiously-symbiotic startups in a single offering.
I know right?  It's totally like building houses, and who in their right mind would put money into a house that doesn't exist yet?  Obviously it doesn't matter that the contractor they are using has built hundreds of houses before.

Except he didn't.
Where do you bank, brah?
Activity: 308
decentralizedhashing.com
I know right?  It's totally like building houses, and who in their right mind would put money into a house that doesn't exist yet?  Obviously it doesn't matter that the contractor they are using has built hundreds of houses before.
Activity: 356
Mark Zuckerberg built the site from ground and they were already big by the time they released their ipo. You cannot compare that to a company with 0 value which value only comes from the money people put in.
This. IceDrill is pretty much "let others buy the hardware, we sit back and reap the profits". It would be better if the shares had a clause where the floated shares break even first and the founders get no profit until BitFunder investors break even.

This is how I feel about it and why I'm not investing.
legendary
Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000
Strange numbers bitfunder shows on chart. 250,120 shares bought and total price is two times lower 175.084BTC and it should be 350.168BTC Bug somwhere?
Mark Zuckerberg built the site from ground and they were already big by the time they released their ipo. You cannot compare that to a company with 0 value which value only comes from the money people put in.

Its like you go to a bank, say I want to start a business and rent a house but therefore I need to buy a house, and for security I give you 50% of the house while you (the bank) finance 100%.

+1, but it goes a bit further:  There is no house.  
There is just a contractor planning to build a house (DeadTerra).  To build that house, DeadTerra is relying on materials to be provided by HashFast, who, in turn, hasn't made those materials yet.
It's turtles all the way down.  

My mind has been tossing around what these PMBs that buy after an IPO and reinvest dividends are really doing... they aren't bonds, nor stock, it's more like a managed group buy.

You participate in the group buy/preorder of new hardware. You pay a management fee for hosting as well as for negotiating future deals. You are forced to reinvest 25% of your earnings, which you wouldn't have to do in a group buy but had the option to buy more shares or buy another group buy.

I, personally, like the "clean" group buys that turn in to shares (soniq, ADDICTION) - but there may be some value in hiring LabRat or DeaDTerra to continuously negotiate group buys for you if they can leverage a better deal than you can get trying to get in on a day one group buy.

These are all more like a hedge fund than a bond or stock...

Activity: 454

Its like you go to a bank, say I want to start a business and rent a house but therefore I need to buy a house, and for security I give you 50% of the house while you (the bank) finance 100%.

+1, but it goes a bit further:  There is no house.  
There is just a contractor planning to build a house (DeadTerra).  To build that house, DeadTerra is relying on materials to be provided by HashFast, who, in turn, hasn't made those materials yet.
It's turtles all the way down.  

My mind has been tossing around what these PMBs that buy after an IPO and reinvest dividends are really doing... they aren't bonds, nor stock, it's more like a managed group buy.

You participate in the group buy/preorder of new hardware. You pay a management fee for hosting as well as for negotiating future deals. You are forced to reinvest 25% of your earnings, which you wouldn't have to do in a group buy but had the option to buy more shares or buy another group buy.

I, personally, like the "clean" group buys that turn in to shares (soniq, ADDICTION) - but there may be some value in hiring LabRat or DeaDTerra to continuously negotiate group buys for you if they can leverage a better deal than you can get trying to get in on a day one group buy.

These are all more like a hedge fund than a bond or stock...
Pages:
Jump to: