Author

Topic: bitHopper: Python Pool Hopper Proxy - page 131. (Read 355689 times)

Activity: 556
Merit: 500
July 29, 2011, 12:57:49 AM
anyone been an active member in this thread for a while and need an invite? PM.
Invite to what? Hoppersden? what is this hoppersden anyways that everyone is trying to get into? On a side note is there a way to help mitigate stale shares? Backburn says 90% of them are from unknown work so it could be cross submitting shares. How do the getwork queues work? I read earlier in the thread setting your miner in phoenix to -q 2 instead of the default 5 helps with stales. You could implement something like on pool change stop sending work wait 10 seconds and if work is recieved reset the wait counter.

Bithopper have no issues with switching pools fast, it only seems(according to backburn) to happen with bitclockers.

If you were to use this 10second suggestion, you would allready lose out on alot of time within 24hrs just from switching, kinda counterproductive.

well how often does the hopper switch pools? at most 7 times an hour with 10 seconds per switch ~28 mins a day lost at most which is about 2% mining time worst case, which is still lower than 5% stales. Regardless though looks like c00w can implement something better.
Activity: 154
Merit: 102
July 29, 2011, 12:54:22 AM
@c00w:

I have a fork started, and everything running in eclipse on my laptop, so I'll try to help out with some of this.  I can only imagine how much work it is mining and handling this at the same time.  If you have anything pressing you want to send my way, I'll take a look.  Otherwise I'm going to add a role for mine_friendly, like was discussed earlier.  Maybe if enough people use it we'll end up with more pools
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
July 29, 2011, 12:34:19 AM
The issue is that when we switch servers and alert the clients they send in their last solved blocks because most servers will still accept them. We could do some inspection and match getworks with the servers they came from instead of sending them to the current server. But well I just did the backend for user stats. Plenty of other items to do and I need to clean up a lot of code.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
July 29, 2011, 12:10:01 AM
Invite to what? 

Yes.
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
July 29, 2011, 12:06:39 AM
Invite to what? Hoppersden? what is this hoppersden anyways that everyone is trying to get into? On a side note is there a way to help mitigate stale shares? Backburn says 90% of them are from unknown work so it could be cross submitting shares. How do the getwork queues work? I read earlier in the thread setting your miner in phoenix to -q 2 instead of the default 5 helps with stales. You could implement something like on pool change stop sending work wait 10 seconds and if work is recieved reset the wait counter.

Bithopper have no issues with switching pools fast, it only seems(according to backburn) to happen with bitclockers.

If you were to use this 10second suggestion, you would allready lose out on alot of time within 24hrs just from switching, kinda counterproductive.
Activity: 556
Merit: 500
July 28, 2011, 11:54:04 PM
donator
Poor impulse control.
July 28, 2011, 11:42:06 PM
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
July 28, 2011, 11:31:41 PM
i am still able to log on to the pool account, though. and i have my BTC... but... i have 0.0988411 BTC confirmed and there's this rule: "Minimum amount for instant payment: 0.10 BTC"

btw, how can i be sure it's bitclockers pool i'm banned from?

EDIT: also, how do i fix stuff like this from happening all the time?

yeah they tend to impose a lot of rules lately, like the 0.10 limit
when you get the server to "actively refuse" your connection you know you're banned (filter based), you could try getting another ip and try it again though not recommended because you know you're not wanted there
stuff like what ? lagging some servers ? easy, you change to a better ISP Wink
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
July 28, 2011, 11:31:11 PM
Just code it in (or offer a bounty, if you can't code) and create a patch/pull request.

I think I may have misunderstood the purpose of this discussion. I was under the assumption that this is a discussion about the development of bitHopper. In the spirit of the above assumption, I am sharing my opinions on said development, trying to foster discussion about the future of this software. I appreciate the great commitment that the devs have made and their decision to share with us. Of course they deserve compensation for their efforts, and I have donated and will do so again. If I am wrong in my assumption or my opinions are not appreciated by the members of this community, I would love to know.

That being said, my comment was strictly meant to inform the devs that I, too, would appreciate the option to help those pools that help me.

I assumed that was targeted to me.  There are many versions of bitHopper, with many devs, and they get merged together.  c00w is more or less the default fork

It may have been, however I got the same thing from him 2 days ago. Just got under my skin a little.
July 28, 2011, 11:29:42 PM

The log shows you connected to bitclockers

You can't.  Some pools simply can't handle to load of everyone who hops, and so it causes them to lag out.  Your only options are to deal with it or disable it
July 28, 2011, 11:26:10 PM
Just code it in (or offer a bounty, if you can't code) and create a patch/pull request.

I think I may have misunderstood the purpose of this discussion. I was under the assumption that this is a discussion about the development of bitHopper. In the spirit of the above assumption, I am sharing my opinions on said development, trying to foster discussion about the future of this software. I appreciate the great commitment that the devs have made and their decision to share with us. Of course they deserve compensation for their efforts, and I have donated and will do so again. If I am wrong in my assumption or my opinions are not appreciated by the members of this community, I would love to know.

That being said, my comment was strictly meant to inform the devs that I, too, would appreciate the option to help those pools that help me.

I assumed that was targeted to me.  There are many versions of bitHopper, with many devs, and they get merged together.  c00w is more or less the default fork
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
July 28, 2011, 11:22:22 PM
i am still able to log on to the pool account, though. and i have my BTC... but... i have 0.0988411 BTC confirmed and there's this rule: "Minimum amount for instant payment: 0.10 BTC"

http://i.imgur.com/NwlPZ.png
Activity: 102
July 28, 2011, 11:21:57 PM

Activity: 84
July 28, 2011, 11:15:17 PM
Anyone feel like coding up and automatic getwork requester? That way I can go on requesting work from bitclockers and having it refused while I actually go to mine elsewhere. At least I would still feel connected to them. *snigger*

Actually on second thoughts ignore that. It'd be mean.

No, it would be fair.  He has no posted rules against hopping yet he sabotages his users, then let his users sabotage him back.
legendary
July 28, 2011, 11:14:33 PM
I've given up on them a week ago for the massive stale shares and dashboard errors not reporting them correctly. I still have 2 bitcoins in there (an error I think) hehe
donator
Poor impulse control.
July 28, 2011, 11:13:34 PM
getting loads of errors.

you got banned

Same here, hes on a rampage.

Anyone feel like coding up and automatic getwork requester? That way I can go on requesting work from bitclockers and having it refused while I actually go to mine elsewhere. At least I would still feel connected to them. *snigger*

Actually on second thoughts ignore that. It'd be mean.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
July 28, 2011, 11:09:30 PM
getting loads of errors.

you got banned

Same here, hes on a rampage.
legendary
July 28, 2011, 11:06:42 PM
They implement obscure algorithms to make your work useless, hide fast blocks and not sharing them when they have the opportunity, advocate protecting miners from hoppers, who in fact are normal miners after all, and claim they break unknown rules, etc. I have an edge and I'm gonna use it.

I'm not trolling any one, I see the benefit of hopping, and I see the benefit hoppers can bring.  My point is to help the pools that DON'T obscure their algorithms, or delay, or in any other way hamper hoppers.  I'm saying working together to the benefit of everyone.  We get more pools to hop on == win.  They get our help when they need it the most == win.

Look at backburn, he came in here pissed at us, and even he acknowledges it would be an "excellent gesture".  Look at tripplemining, they are planning on moving from a prop scoring method, and maybe if we jump in and help them, and promise to continue to help them, they won't, and we won't lose the pool.

I wont help prop pools. That goes against hopper math and common goal: make pools change to a fair system (let them take the risk)
Ask c00w to implement it if he wants and go help pools as you wish
donator
Poor impulse control.
July 28, 2011, 11:03:52 PM
However, helping them gives you another hop target, which is sorta selfish in a way.

I think we call that a win / win.  Smiley and a lot of do hoppers donate to the pools they hop, also.

I would like to +1 this feature. How hard would it be to set an option / role to help hopper friendly pools get over the hump?

You realise it will cost you coinage? Shares submitted to a prop pool with more than total shares will always have a lower value than shares submitted to a XXPPS pool. I understand your willingness to help, but the amount you lose is not going to be the same as any improvement during the first 42% of the round  due to changes bitclockers may or may not make to your account.

I think if hoppers are going to be penalised systematically, there should be some mention of it in their terms of service. Otherwise they're just ripping us off because they feel like it. If they'd mentioned in their TOS "Thou Shalt not Hop" I wouldn't have.

@Backburn - I won't hop if your rules explicitly state I have to stay there for the whole round. But you make no mention of this being an issue and then without even contacting us (you have our email addresses if you know which workers were hopping) you penalise our accounts - by half my hashrate in my case. Your actions cause more stales/incorrect/corrupt, for me 2 to 3 times any other pool.  You've treated us poorly by any standard and all you had to was put up a rule against leaving the round early. When most businesses do poorly by consumers they offer them something.  Wink
July 28, 2011, 11:02:18 PM

I'm willing to do so, but I want to make sure it will be utilized.  I'm pretty busy with my rigs already, and I don't want to waste my time.
Jump to: