Author

Topic: bitHopper: Python Pool Hopper Proxy - page 134. (Read 355689 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 102
July 28, 2011, 06:12:25 PM
If you spend your life only worrying about squeezing every ounce of profit, you'll end up like this guy:

I assume everyone gets the reference
July 28, 2011, 06:02:30 PM
This will be the best PR you guy can get Smiley Help the guy who helps you. This is what small pools are all about. 

Exactly, a little altruism here and there never hurt anybody, and we can probably end their block from hell, which will make us look really good.  You want to turn the negative attitudes from miners, this is the way to do it.  I guarantee you they will all appreciate it.  I'm not saying stop mining at profitable pools, but as a backup here and there, help a brother out
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
July 28, 2011, 05:25:40 PM

Just because I always get a little tickle when I see 420 anywhere...

They got that far, they should aim for >10mil atleast Wink

I actually feel really bad for them...  we should all jump in there and get them past this horrible hump.  It'll be good PR

hurrah for self quoting..  I just did actually, set them up as my backup.  It would be really nice for others to do so as well.  If enough of us jump in there it would be a huge help, and given they are considering changing their payout structure to keep us out, maybe it would discourage them from doing so

get a commitment from pool op to not change payout system and THEN I'll consider a backup option, but presumptive good will often proves ineffective.

This will be the best PR you guy can get Smiley Help the guy who helps you. This is what small pools are all about. 

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
moOo
July 28, 2011, 05:20:53 PM
Why was nofee disabled again?

they were lagging bad for some folks.. I'm mining there no problem and many others.. go for it.

Edit: and poolmunity?
they implemented a new payout scheme that doesnt work for us

(Where is that wiki! )

they appear to be working on things at the hoppers den
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
July 28, 2011, 05:13:44 PM
2)Issues with the graph?
refresh.

Wow, I'm an idiot.
bb
July 28, 2011, 05:04:07 PM
Why was nofee disabled again?

Edit: and poolmunity?

(Where is that wiki! Smiley)
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
July 28, 2011, 04:50:51 PM

I actually feel really bad for them...  we should all jump in there and get them past this horrible hump.  It'll be good PR

hurrah for self quoting..  I just did actually, set them up as my backup.  It would be really nice for others to do so as well.  If enough of us jump in there it would be a huge help, and given they are considering changing their payout structure to keep us out, maybe it would discourage them from doing so

get a commitment from pool op to not change payout system and THEN I'll consider a backup option, but presumptive good will often proves ineffective.
July 28, 2011, 04:43:58 PM

bb
July 28, 2011, 04:41:09 PM
*cough*http://hoppersden.info/showwiki.php?title=Pool+Status*cough*

There are some reason: fields needing filled, btw.

*couinvitegh*
July 28, 2011, 04:40:43 PM

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
July 28, 2011, 04:26:05 PM
ed64

like the merging you are doing. New hopper looks nice.

one small thing... in the password.py.default

can you copy and paste the pools  that arent in use and the ones that are.... into the right section.

sure it will annoy someone who isnt away of the pools we have disabled to fill up that "pools in use" section to only find out most of them arent.. and then worse, find out that a good bit of the pools "not in use dont worry about changing the user or pass" are actually in use and you are mining for someone else.

I'm going to abandon that branch and start hacking away at c00w's. I like the new pool.cfg, thought about merging that into ryouiki's branch, but decided to just jump to c00w and merge in the hopping logic into c00w's in a pluggable fashion.

Plan is to:
 - Configurable scheduler at startup (eventually runtime)
 - Merge in ryouiki's round time selection
 - Merge in flower's time slice
 - Add hybrid roundtime + timeslice scheduler

Current work so far:
 - Work done to seperate scheduling/hopping logic away from code
 - Need to find a way to easily modify the website depending on the scheduler (e.g. for slicing, add in a slice column)

Will push my changes in soon, maybe someone can help out with implementing new schedulers

PS Any hoppersden invites?
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
July 28, 2011, 04:22:41 PM

July 28, 2011, 04:21:31 PM

July 28, 2011, 04:18:56 PM
3) Bitclocker sucks?
Yep. Not sure how to fix it.

Sounds like a fix would be to allow multiple workers per site in the config

Ill keep testing and if possible others should do the same, but so far multiple workers seem to do the job. I do however think that its also likely not the real solution considering I see other people in bitclockers stats under worker running at >15gh so clearly they are also running multiple gpus behind one worker and not having these issues (unless they are and simply dont care and the stats wont show there reconnection drop of gh speed)
July 28, 2011, 04:15:57 PM
3) Bitclocker sucks?

Sounds like a fix would be to allow multiple workers per site in the config
July 28, 2011, 04:14:01 PM
Is there a way to reset the graphs?  Mine are messed up now.

Also, can't stay connected to bitclockers for more than a minute at a time.

Hit refresh
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
July 28, 2011, 04:11:12 PM
1) Namecoins?
You switch the role to mine_nmc.

2)Issues with the graph?
refresh.

3) Bitclocker sucks?
July 28, 2011, 04:10:47 PM
How is mining namecoins implemented into this? Reason I ask is that when the next difficulty increase happens namecoins are gonna be more profitable...

Right now at current nmc/btc conversion, bitcoins difficulty must increase to to just <3million to be equal in diff=price. The next namecoin difficulty which is more than a month away at current rate would make namecoins more profitable than current bitcoin difficulty.

Eitherway, bitcoins will be more profitable to mine for a long time.
July 28, 2011, 04:08:36 PM
From what I could figure out it seems like bitclockers is limiting the getwork requests per worker which makes it a pain in the ass to use reliably.

Ive setup multiple workers and holding stable connection now but as soon as I push all my gpus through one worker the crapshoot starts to happen.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
July 28, 2011, 04:05:47 PM
How is mining namecoins implemented into this? Reason I ask is that when the next difficulty increase happens namecoins are gonna be more profitable...

Jump to: