Author

Topic: bitHopper: Python Pool Hopper Proxy - page 149. (Read 355689 times)

donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
July 26, 2011, 06:31:07 AM
Awesome work anty many thx. I'll be ready for when mine_slush is sorted.
donator
Poor impulse control.
July 26, 2011, 06:30:01 AM
OK, while I can't get a good feed for Slush I trialled mineco.in on mine_slush. Unfortunately Mine_slush is just doing backup duty It should be doing this: a normal hop at start of round then leaving when it hits diff*0.1

tl;dr leave mine_slush for the moment.

edit: just checked source looks like it should start at 0 hop at 0.25
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
July 26, 2011, 06:17:39 AM
btw nofee blocks are easily detectable through mail (i always get the block found mail max 1min after they found a block).

what i think is curious about nofee:
with bithopper i get much more "pool downs" as with my miner. thats the reason i made an api for bithopper and switch my miner directly (there are still some pool downs and i still have a higher reject rate than usual (noofee is 5% atm for this round) - but its better as with the proxy). maybe they are trying to detect us and close the connection on a random basis - but i am not sure.

Ah, it was you. I'd forgotten who did that. Is slush on your bitHopper api?

not atm.
but on sunday i'll release my pool watch project which will print round-stats for as many pools as possible (even slush-a-like). it will be published as json, webservice and xml (which will all contain the same data) - and a field which tells the payout system they are using.

i won't make it advise any pool - thats your job. but there will be a site provide pool graphs and such things.

my hopper integration is atm very poor. its just a hopper restarter (with an 10secs delay before stopping the old one).
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
July 26, 2011, 06:17:15 AM
1. NoFeeMining - yep me too. But unless they have a sophisticated antihopping strategy, I don't think they're handling the heat well.

2. Anyone spot the problem with this? I can't figure why it's not working. Something dumb I've missed probably.

Code:
api_address:http://api.bitcoin.cz/stats
api_method:re
api_key:Shares contributed in current round:(\d+)

I'd welcome any help
Regex should be correct, must be something else.

K thx anty
Found the problem: Your URL seems to redirect or something. Here's the correct code. I don't know if slush hopping is correctly implemented, though?
Code:
[slush]
name: bitcoin.cz
mine_address: http://api2.bitcoin.cz:8332
role: mine_slush
api_address: http://mining.bitcoin.cz/stats/
api_method: re
api_key:Shares\s+contributed\sin\s+current\s+round:(\d+)
#CHANGE THIS
#http://www.bitcoin.cz
user: username
pass: password
donator
Poor impulse control.
July 26, 2011, 06:11:56 AM
btw nofee blocks are easily detectable through mail (i always get the block found mail max 1min after they found a block).

with bithopper i get much more "pool downs" as with my miner. thats the reason i made an api for bithopper and switch my miner directly (there are still some pool downs and i still have a higher reject rate than usual (noofee is 5% atm for this round) - but its better as with the proxy). maybe they are trying to detect us and close the connection on a random basis - but i am not sure.

Ah, it was you. I'd forgotten who did that. Is slush on your bitHopper api?
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
July 26, 2011, 06:09:07 AM

Its definitely related to bithopper in some way and not just a user-agent thing detecting bithopper then dropping the IP.

Ive tested with miner directly and get ~2% stales which is sorta within norm, and no dropped miners.

Peh. :/
legendary
July 26, 2011, 06:06:52 AM

July 26, 2011, 06:03:43 AM
Im thinking they have some "sophisticated" antihopping strategy, new block found and pool hashrate doesnt remain as high as it used to.

What im thinking some hoppers figured out how to get around the dropped connections, whereas most hoppers havnt.

I will have to look into this.

nofee is showing like 25% stales for me this round.

Its wasting gpu cycles, it keeps dropping and doesnt accept all shares. Something is stuffed there or they have figured out how to detect hoppers better than other sites.

I notice in the listed stats that there is people staying connected, so I doubt its just their server being crap unless those users also keep reconnecting and their hashrates just reflect a time delayed update on stats.
Activity: 556
Merit: 500
July 26, 2011, 06:00:57 AM
Im thinking they have some "sophisticated" antihopping strategy, new block found and pool hashrate doesnt remain as high as it used to.

What im thinking some hoppers figured out how to get around the dropped connections, whereas most hoppers havnt.

nofee is showing like 25% stales for me this round.
donator
Poor impulse control.
July 26, 2011, 05:57:56 AM
1. NoFeeMining - yep me too. But unless they have a sophisticated antihopping strategy, I don't think they're handling the heat well.

2. Anyone spot the problem with this? I can't figure why it's not working. Something dumb I've missed probably.

Code:

I'd welcome any help

K thx anty
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
July 26, 2011, 05:50:07 AM

Code:

I'd welcome any help
July 26, 2011, 05:47:42 AM

donator
Poor impulse control.
July 26, 2011, 05:39:37 AM

Code:

I'd welcome any help
Activity: 698
Merit: 500
July 26, 2011, 05:38:21 AM
pool is crap, simply it can't handle 80-100Ghash/s ...
July 26, 2011, 05:35:39 AM
Is anyone else having issues with nofeemining ?

I cant for the life of me keep a stable connection to it, it keeps lagging out after only a few submitted shares. My latency to the server is within check , tested it on another setup from a friend in country closer to the server <80ms and having same issues.
legendary
July 26, 2011, 03:06:29 AM
  • Merged flower's time slicing mod
  • Added startup options to enable slicing (off by default) and set slicing size
  • Also showed slice (seconds) left in web stats as well
  • Refactored backup server into it's own function
  • Added additional parameters to log_msg and log_dbg to prefix log messages

Available in my tree for now: https://github.com/echiu64/bitHopper

Feel free to pull back into your respective trees.

Only tested it briefly... more changes to come.

Tested it for a few hours now, made a few more changes pushed to git (penalty wasn't being factored in the initial commit). Looks like it works. Threw in btcg for fun, time slicing between 3 pools now...

nice Smiley
could you also add my pool-stats graph? i use it for pool-fraud-detection - it really makes it a lot easier

i mean the blue line to the right (which is round shares per pool)
legendary
July 26, 2011, 03:02:36 AM
Bithopper is a Bitcoin Pool Hopper which supports around 13 pools at last count.
Its still in beta but works pretty well.

https://github.com/c00w/bitHopper

Instructions:

1) Download the project

<-------IMPORTANT---------->
2) Move pool.cfg.default to pool.cfg and modify it to use your accounts instead of mine for mining.
<-------IMPORTANT---------->

3) Install twisted python. http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/
4) Then run bitHopper.py
5) Direct your miner to localhost:8337
6) Tell me if anything breaks at https://github.com/c00w/bitHopper/issues
6a) Or use the forums.
7) Look at stats and control pool at localhost:8337/stats

Current Features:
* Pool Hopping
* LP (Client and Server)
* Low Reject Rate
* Stats with a website and control from said stats.
* Automatically adjusts API polling times.
* Pool Config File, Supposed to be easy to use

Planned features:
Individual Miner Stats. Based on username/IP.
Optional bitcoind integration for payout tracking.
Password protect the website
Dropdown lists for role selects
Flower's slicing...

Pool.
Deepbit.
Re-license.

Think this is cool? Want me to hurry up and add more features?:
1HEmzeuVEKxBQkEenysV1yM8oAddQ4o2TX

nice work.
could you also include my pool-round share graph from github? its very useful to detect pool fraud.
if you've done that, i'll switch to your version Smiley
donator
Poor impulse control.
July 26, 2011, 02:46:57 AM
What is the general purpose of custom cutoffs? (Wasn't there someone showing what the ideal cutoff was?)

Search this thread for username 'streblo'.

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
July 26, 2011, 02:40:49 AM
I'm a fan of bitclockers in general. They were my first pool . Lots of good people there. V2-V3 and Backburn are both solid and they have built a very strong backend and nice stat representation on the front end (maybe even too much). But I would support them and should they ever go PPS make them one of my primary backups.
donator
Poor impulse control.
July 26, 2011, 12:56:15 AM
Can we do a re-assessment of bitclockers? I seem to be getting good results with them, but some are saying there is a problem. Can anybody enlighten me?

P.S. c00w has completely fixed the stats issue regarding enabling bitclockers.

for me, bitclockers ~ 140% eff. since July 12th. I don't think I ever disabled it.
Jump to: