Author

Topic: bitHopper: Python Pool Hopper Proxy - page 152. (Read 355689 times)

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
July 25, 2011, 05:59:27 PM
Error in the cfg.

[mtred]

Notice how for Mtred it is "user:scarium" and for btcg it is "user = c00w_test" with an "="

Which is proper or will it accept both?

I really want to figure out how to get just these 2 going and I already got MtRed up and running on it.  These are the only 2 I mine from, any help would be truly appreciated.  Thank you kindly,

yes it has that small error, put ":" instead of "=" and it should work, btcg isn't used anymore so mine at your risk

btcworld just gone rogue on stats

Code:
General Statistics
Current round started at: Jul 13th, 08:03:38 pm
Current round duration: 291 hours
Valid shares for current round: 9,065
Shares for current round: 9,221
Previous round started at: Jan 1st, 01:00:00 am
Previous round duration: 364342 hours
Valid shares for previous round: 0
Shares for previous round: 0
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
July 25, 2011, 05:53:06 PM
Error in the cfg.

[mtred]
name:mtred  
mine_address:mtred.com:8337
api_address:https://mtred.com/api/user/key/%(mtred_user_apikey)s
role:mine
api_method:json
api_key:server,roundshares
#CHANGE THIS
#https://mtred.com/user/registration.html
user:scarium
pass:x
mtred_user_apikey:d91c52cfe1609f161f28a1268a2915b8

[btcg]
name:BTC Guild  
mine_address:us.btcguild.com:8332  
api_address:https://www.btcguild.com/pool_stats.php
user_api_address:https://www.btcguild.com/api.php?api_key=%(btcguild_user_apikey)s
role:mine
api_key:round_shares
user = c00w_test
pass = 1234
btcguild_user_apikey = 81a9081f4d5f32db7dbbed407cb5f686

Notice how for Mtred it is "user:scarium" and for btcg it is "user = c00w_test" with an "="

Which is proper or will it accept both?

I really want to figure out how to get just these 2 going and I already got MtRed up and running on it.  These are the only 2 I mine from, any help would be truly appreciated.  Thank you kindly,
nob
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
July 25, 2011, 05:37:07 PM
@bb:

the problem is the payout. That's the main problem with multiclone.

You have to change BitHopper to use Usernames (easiest way would be bitcoin addressand not multible worker for every user), let BitHopper generate a stats file for every User on your Server.
This would be easy.

But you have to maintain a "Main Databaes" with all shares per server, per round, per use summited and then scrape the Data from your "main" account, to rate every users share and pay them out automaticaly.

in my optinion a git update is a lot easier and you don't have to depend on a admins account.

Multiclone had the problem, when a Pool Op baned his account with all the shares.
bb
July 25, 2011, 05:33:47 PM
EskimoBob mentioned in another thread earlier that we might have a better rep if instead of switching to a predetermined backup pool in such downtime, if we switched to whatever pool is on the longest block. Would dedicating JUST the hashes that would've gone to backup to such a pool be seriously detrimental (i.e. bring efficiency below 1) or could this be feasible? If it doesn't hurt anything and I'm just sending those shares to ars/eligius anyway I'd rather help a pool I hop out. It'd give us a better image and make pools more willing to stick with hoppable algos.

This would totally bring profits down. You would be joining a pool when it is least profitable. The profitability of eligius is constant.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
July 25, 2011, 05:28:20 PM
EskimoBob mentioned in another thread earlier that we might have a better rep if instead of switching to a predetermined backup pool in such downtime, if we switched to whatever pool is on the longest block. Would dedicating JUST the hashes that would've gone to backup to such a pool be seriously detrimental (i.e. bring efficiency below 1) or could this be feasible? If it doesn't hurt anything and I'm just sending those shares to ars/eligius anyway I'd rather help a pool I hop out. It'd give us a better image and make pools more willing to stick with hoppable algos.
bb
July 25, 2011, 05:24:25 PM
A centrally managed hopper has a lot of advantages actually. The biggest one being not having to worry about the hopper every day.

Just imagine a nice website that lets you enable/disable all the pools you like and some poor admin handling everything else... Smiley
Activity: 69
July 25, 2011, 05:15:16 PM
Has anyone compared the performance of bitHopper with, say, multiclone.us.to? I understand that using multiclone means I'm entrusting my hashes to a third party, but apart from that, are there performance differences?

As far as I can see, multiclone currently hops between btcguild, btcmine, mtred and slush (and reverts to "solo" mining if nothing fits) whereas bitHopper seems to use a set of different pools. Wouldn't it be most efficient to have the largest possible pool of pools to hop between?

Not sure how multiclone hops btcguld and slush since they have anti-hopping measures? Anyway Bithopper is a superior option as multiclone is essentially the same as someone running a copy of Bithopper on their server which everyone connects to. You can add more pools to the rotation in Bithopper if you want, it's quite straightforward.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
I'll have a steak sandwich and a... steak sandwich
July 25, 2011, 05:11:07 PM
Has anyone compared the performance of bitHopper with, say, multiclone.us.to? I understand that using multiclone means I'm entrusting my hashes to a third party, but apart from that, are there performance differences?

As far as I can see, multiclone currently hops between btcguild, btcmine, mtred and slush (and reverts to "solo" mining if nothing fits) whereas bitHopper seems to use a set of different pools. Wouldn't it be most efficient to have the largest possible pool of pools to hop between?
legendary
Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049
July 25, 2011, 05:04:10 PM
Why is your formatting with the "=" and a space " " where as every other one is with a

"user:x"
"pass:x"

Huh??
sorry was a mistake...
July 25, 2011, 05:01:33 PM
Can someone explain the behaviour of this proxy please. Why is mine currently mining on my backup pool when there are no errors on any of the 4 pools that are configured? Is it because they have passed a certain number of total shares?
Yes, at the current difficulty bitHopper mines until a sharecount of 1690906*0.4 = 676362.4 is reached and then switches to a backup pool.

Ah gotcha. Thanks very much.
legendary
July 25, 2011, 05:00:39 PM
yep that should be normal behavior, while waiting to see the script hopping I would be reading some pages of this thread to understand how it works, increase efficiency Wink
Activity: 40
July 25, 2011, 04:59:57 PM
Can someone explain the behaviour of this proxy please. Why is mine currently mining on my backup pool when there are no errors on any of the 4 pools that are configured? Is it because they have passed a certain number of total shares?
Yes, at the current difficulty bitHopper mines until a sharecount of 1690906*0.4 = 676362.4 is reached and then switches to a backup pool.
Activity: 630
July 25, 2011, 04:58:47 PM
Alright, I removed the
 tag.

Phorensic. You are a scholar and a gentleman. Thanks for your cooperation.
Thanks.  This was actually a good little stress test for my code and database.  Identified a big bottleneck in two queries that I fixed today.  Just about done unbanning IP's that are still using the old HTML method on our site.  Use the new config if you are reading this!
July 25, 2011, 04:50:23 PM
Activity: 102
July 25, 2011, 04:39:20 PM
Alright, I removed the
 tag.

Phorensic. You are a scholar and a gentleman. Thanks for your cooperation.
July 25, 2011, 04:24:24 PM
Alright, I removed the
 tag.            
Activity: 40
July 25, 2011, 04:16:00 PM
I tried to include no HTML besides a
 tag that other pools are using in their JSON output.  What is the most compatible way to output my JSON?
No HTML at all. Just the JSON text.

Edit: now it's valid JSON, here's the correct code for bitHopper:
Code:
[btcmonkey]
name: bitcoinmonkey.com
mine_address: bitcoinmonkey.com:8332
api_address: https://bitcoinmonkey.com/json/api.php
api_key:shares_this_round
role: mine
#CHANGE THIS
#http://bitcoinmonkey.com/
user: username
pass: password
Thanks phorensic!
legendary
July 25, 2011, 04:10:27 PM
it's working fine that way, you should consider memcaching and updating every minute if you want to have efficient stats and low cpu on server Wink

edit: now working with json, count with us in the next run
July 25, 2011, 04:02:06 PM
@hawks5999 nice... my imagination just got loose

just managed to conf. bitcoinmonkey (thanks phorensic)

Code:
[btcmonkey]
api_key:shares_this_round
role: info
#CHANGE THIS
user: x
pass: x

(i get an api error though, shit)

You get an error because there's html in the json response (view source).
Here's a working one:
Code:
[btcmonkey]
api_method:re
api_key:"shares_this_round":"(\d+)
role: mine
#CHANGE THIS
user: username
pass: password
I tried to include no HTML besides a
 tag that other pools are using in their JSON output.  What is the most compatible way to output my JSON?            
legendary
July 25, 2011, 03:56:55 PM
thanks anty, working now
Jump to: