Author

Topic: bitHopper: Python Pool Hopper Proxy - page 177. (Read 355689 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
July 19, 2011, 01:31:17 AM
1) Is anyone mining triplemining?
I am.

2) Issues with api and not correctly setting pools?
I broke the delagger. Does the latest version work?

Just downloaded and no, same issue with not switching to triplemining.  Error in json decoding.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
July 19, 2011, 01:23:32 AM
And just endless "RPC request [[]] submitted to arsbitcoin" thereafter - miners report a MH/s speed as though they are mining but no shares ever appear in the proxy and the accepted count on the miners does not increment. Help?

The endless "RPC request [[]] submitted to arsbitcoin" should mean "working as designed". Its the result of the change 22 hours ago commented as "Simpler rpc data representation for non debug mode."

That simpler rpc data representation means you don't see all the content inside [[]].

OK so I'm seeing the hashes with --debug, but for some reason my miner's counts aren't incrementing. I'll have to play with it more, if I figure out what's wrong I'll get back to you on that. I'll probably poke around in the scripts a bit though to see if I can bring my hashes back without --debug. I'd really rather not deal with the excess nonsense on my screen to see the hashes I love so much Smiley
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
July 19, 2011, 01:18:48 AM
1) Is anyone mining triplemining?
I am.

2) Issues with api and not correctly setting pools?
I broke the delagger. Does the latest version work?

3) Enmaku?
Logs please? Either here or on github. I can't help without seeing more info since its not instantly apparent if its not the above issue. Debug logs are better but normal ones will do.
July 19, 2011, 01:16:50 AM
Is anyone mining on triplemining right now?
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
moOo
July 19, 2011, 01:13:42 AM
They have roundshares and one of their pages. Just manhandle what I did for bitp.it the second time until it works.

yeah my fu isnt very good. cant find a pool api.

they have that stats page with something that sorta sounds like round shares.. "number of correct all" looks like total round shares but i dont know how to grab that without the api thing and the user pi doesnt give total shares.   I thik i have been temporarily defeated but it was fun trying.
Activity: 168
July 19, 2011, 01:05:02 AM
And just endless "RPC request [[]] submitted to arsbitcoin" thereafter - miners report a MH/s speed as though they are mining but no shares ever appear in the proxy and the accepted count on the miners does not increment. Help?

The endless "RPC request [[]] submitted to arsbitcoin" should mean "working as designed". Its the result of the change 22 hours ago commented as "Simpler rpc data representation for non debug mode."

That simpler rpc data representation means you don't see all the content inside [[]].
July 19, 2011, 01:01:57 AM
Oh, and the name of the pool showing the empty RPC requests changes depending on the same logic as the working copies, so at least it's choosing the pool correctly, even if there's no actual miner/pool communications being forwarded or registered.

Well I am having the same issue as you except my shares are actually counting, which makes it not an issue at all for me.  Are you sure you have set the right details for the pool in password.py?

The only issue I am having is that its stuck on arsbitcoin right now when it should be switching to triplemining.  Everytime it polls the pools I get a:

"Error in json decoding.  Server probably down"

message with regards to triplemining.
July 19, 2011, 12:52:46 AM
Oh, and the name of the pool showing the empty RPC requests changes depending on the same logic as the working copies, so at least it's choosing the pool correctly, even if there's no actual miner/pool communications being forwarded or registered.
July 19, 2011, 12:47:01 AM
Its refusing to switch to triplemining for me.  It says:

"error in json decoding. Server probably down."
July 19, 2011, 12:00:17 AM
With the current version on git, I get this:

You sure the shares aren't being counted?  I have the same thing and ars is absolutely counting them.

Let me check at the pool being mined real quick. I'm not seeing the share count increment at the miner but perhaps that's a communications issue in one link but not the other? Was the showing of the hashes deliberately removed? If so, very poor choice sir, how do I re-enable?

Edit: Nope, no shares incrementing at the pool either, just a wall of empty RPC requests and no actual hashes being passed either way.

Edit 2: I tested it completely vanilla, without even changing the passwords in password.py and it does the exact same thing, yet the builds from 7/14 and 7/16 still work perfectly.

July 18, 2011, 11:58:27 PM

You sure the shares aren't being counted?  I have the same thing and ars is absolutely counting them.
July 18, 2011, 11:22:43 PM
Code:
[20:18:54] RPC request [[]] submitted to mtred
[20:18:55] RPC request [[]] submitted to mtred
[20:18:55] mtred: 1,451,121
[20:18:55] Server change to arsbitcoin, telling client with LP
[20:18:56] LP triggered serving miner
[20:18:56] btcguild efficiency: 2168.92572407%
[20:18:56] LP Call arsbitcoin.com:8344/LP
[20:18:56] bitp.it efficiency: 152.04977045%
[20:18:56] bitclockers efficiency: 160.286756157%
[20:18:56] rfc: 1,441,572
[20:18:56] RPC request [[]] submitted to arsbitcoin
[20:18:57] ozco: 1,609,608
[20:18:57] triple: 27,162
[20:18:57] Server change to triple, telling client with LP
[20:18:57] RPC request [[]] submitted to triplemining.com
[20:18:57] RPC request [[]] submitted to triplemining.com
Error in json decoding, Server probably down

[20:18:58] Server change to arsbitcoin, telling client with LP
Error in json decoding, Server probably down

[20:18:58] LP triggered serving miner
[20:18:58] LP Call arsbitcoin.com:8344/LP
[20:18:58] RPC request [[]] submitted to arsbitcoin
[20:19:00] RPC request [[]] submitted to arsbitcoin
[20:19:01] RPC request [[]] submitted to arsbitcoin
[20:19:01] RPC request [[]] submitted to arsbitcoin
[20:19:02] RPC request [[]] submitted to arsbitcoin
[20:19:03] RPC request [[]] submitted to arsbitcoin
[20:19:04] RPC request [[]] submitted to arsbitcoin
[20:19:04] RPC request [[]] submitted to arsbitcoin
[20:19:05] RPC request [[]] submitted to arsbitcoin
[20:19:08] RPC request [[]] submitted to arsbitcoin
[20:19:11] RPC request [[]] submitted to arsbitcoin
[20:19:11] RPC request [[]] submitted to arsbitcoin
[20:19:12] RPC request [[]] submitted to arsbitcoin
[20:19:15] RPC request [[]] submitted to arsbitcoin
[20:19:15] RPC request [[]] submitted to arsbitcoin
[20:19:16] RPC request [[]] submitted to arsbitcoin
[20:19:17] RPC request [[]] submitted to arsbitcoin

Activity: 53
Merit: 0
July 18, 2011, 10:23:58 PM
I think the core bithopper program should not include many pools, maybe even only have backup pools in it. This way each person who runs bithopper will have to setup the pools they want to hop themselves. This would save the pools from being hammered by EVERYONE who runs bithopper, and will only be hopped by people who specifically set it up, making it somewhat random and spearing the servers from being overloaded.

I think the core bithopper program should include ALL of the hoppable pools, but with most of them set to 'disable' or 'info' in pools.py.  That way people can just mine the pools they want by changing the value to 'mine'.

Good call, but it would even be better if you can set info or disable in the passwords file so that you can update the hopper without losing which pools are active or disabled.

+1

I think that if there are no credentials in password.py, the pool should not be mined at. (Right now an error is thrown.) That way people don't have to sign up for all these pools.

In the pools.py just set the pool as info and then put in dummy credentials and it should have the same effect...
bb
July 18, 2011, 10:07:21 PM
I think the core bithopper program should not include many pools, maybe even only have backup pools in it. This way each person who runs bithopper will have to setup the pools they want to hop themselves. This would save the pools from being hammered by EVERYONE who runs bithopper, and will only be hopped by people who specifically set it up, making it somewhat random and spearing the servers from being overloaded.

I think the core bithopper program should include ALL of the hoppable pools, but with most of them set to 'disable' or 'info' in pools.py.  That way people can just mine the pools they want by changing the value to 'mine'.

Good call, but it would even be better if you can set info or disable in the passwords file so that you can update the hopper without losing which pools are active or disabled.

+1

I think that if there are no credentials in password.py, the pool should not be mined at. (Right now an error is thrown.) That way people don't have to sign up for all these pools.
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
July 18, 2011, 09:02:53 PM
1) LP Issues in general?
I don't get them. Are you using the latest version and can you throw a debug (or normal) log in pastebin and give me the link? Please?
Just for comparison I get 1.7% rejects when my dns resolver works and 3% when it is being flaky.
EDIT: Do you have windows xp without pyopenssl installed? That broke another persons machine a week ago.

All this is on ubuntu installation, for the record getting no LP issues with previous version (modified for slice by flowers).

I do get <1% stales directly to a pool, Im fine with slightly higher but yeh of course >10% is a piss in the pan Tongue

Will get you link up but bit busy with other things right now , as soon as I have time.
July 18, 2011, 08:51:00 PM
trying to learn some hacking of this script so I dont have to be so dependant.. but

dont see a pool api.. they say they will have one soon.. I know I cant make it work with my limited skills of copy and paste, without one.

they seem to have issues, when I went to register I got an "overloaded" message.. think i finally registered but cant login..(when i mess up my pass it says something but when i dont I am just back at the login screen)
they also have this in their "unban my accoutn page"

Your efficiency was less than 30% after 100 requested getworks and the round had progressed for more than 30 minutes or,

sounds like we can skip bitcoinpool.com

it's very polish, I have enough trouble with english and that is my first language.

rfcpool works fine.

1/4 aint bad. 
Activity: 196
July 18, 2011, 08:20:09 PM
1) LP Issues in general?
I don't get them. Are you using the latest version and can you throw a debug (or normal) log in pastebin and give me the link? Please?
Just for comparison I get 1.7% rejects when my dns resolver works and 3% when it is being flaky.
EDIT: Do you have windows xp without pyopenssl installed? That broke another persons machine a week ago.

2) Bitcoinpool?
They say the will ban poolhoppers and I don't want to annoy them.

3) x8s.de?
They have a shares but you have to login and set cookies etc... It was too much of a mess.

4) The polish guys?
Google translate works. Barely. They have roundshares and one of their pages. Just manhandle what I did for bitp.it the second time until it works.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
moOo
July 18, 2011, 08:03:14 PM
trying to learn some hacking of this script so I dont have to be so dependant.. but

dont see a pool api.. they say they will have one soon.. I know I cant make it work with my limited skills of copy and paste, without one.

they seem to have issues, when I went to register I got an "overloaded" message.. think i finally registered but cant login..(when i mess up my pass it says something but when i dont I am just back at the login screen)
they also have this in their "unban my accoutn page"

Your efficiency was less than 30% after 100 requested getworks and the round had progressed for more than 30 minutes or,

sounds like we can skip bitcoinpool.com

it's very polish, I have enough trouble with english and that is my first language.

rfcpool works fine.
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
July 18, 2011, 08:02:21 PM
2) Issues with nofee LP?
I have no idea. I'd have to look at their packet headers and debug output. Default configuration LP works. I'll be adding nofee support soonish. So that may fix your issues. A log or github issue is probably a good idea.

I actually meant LP in general, just copy/pasted output from nofee LP request.

This seems to occur with LP in general for me, leaving my stales everytime around ~10% also causing lots of idle miners.

Im trying a few things to see if I can possibly resolve it my side.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
July 18, 2011, 07:55:45 PM
Ok, i had the x64 build of Python installed. Tried the regular build and not getting API errors anymore. So it's not your script.  Smiley
Jump to: