Author

Topic: bitHopper: Python Pool Hopper Proxy - page 179. (Read 355689 times)

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
July 18, 2011, 05:27:33 PM
if some pool merge mines and asks me if I want that then I would be diminishing my bitcoin income with something not widely accepted and equally priced, new risk I would not easily take.

You obviously did not read the post I linked.

A while back in this forum someone discussed submitting the same hashes to multiple pools and how if they accepted hashes they hadn't sent a getwork for it'd be considered a security vulnerability. There's sort of a similar thing with alternate blockchains like namecoin. Namecoin, at least, is talking about modifying their client so that when miners submit hashes to bitcoind they can submit the exact same hashes to namecoind thus allowing existing mining clients to mine both networks simultaneously at full speed. Essentially they noticed they weren't getting a hell of a lot of namecoin miners except when difficulty changed and it briefly became more popular, so they're changing the way NMC works to allow us to mine namecoins at no cost aside from setting up a merged mining proxy.

tl;dr: namecoin is making it possible to submit the same hashes to both networks so you can mine NMC at no additional cost.

Sorry for not getting the point in that thread, now I do thanks to your explication. I have to study it a little more. You said the magic word "no cost". Would wait and see if this project succeeds because between the cryptocurency and the unhackable DNS small people like us could build unthinkable projects. Cheers
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
July 18, 2011, 05:24:54 PM
Is there a reason bitclockers is disabled?  I read earlier in the thread that they were a little shady with super long rounds, but are you guys mining with them anyway?

I've tried for a couple of rounds. But am met with massive connection issues, so disabled them again.
Activity: 84
July 18, 2011, 05:22:02 PM
Is there a reason bitclockers is disabled?  I read earlier in the thread that they were a little shady with super long rounds, but are you guys mining with them anyway?
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
July 18, 2011, 05:18:28 PM
speaking tl;dr this thread no longer has an ALL option for pages. Sad. I missed being able to scroll through one page to reference all the code snippets..
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
July 18, 2011, 05:13:19 PM
if some pool merge mines and asks me if I want that then I would be diminishing my bitcoin income with something not widely accepted and equally priced, new risk I would not easily take.

You obviously did not read the post I linked.

A while back in this forum someone discussed submitting the same hashes to multiple pools and how if they accepted hashes they hadn't sent a getwork for it'd be considered a security vulnerability. There's sort of a similar thing with alternate blockchains like namecoin. Namecoin, at least, is talking about modifying their client so that when miners submit hashes to bitcoind they can submit the exact same hashes to namecoind thus allowing existing mining clients to mine both networks simultaneously at full speed. Essentially they noticed they weren't getting a hell of a lot of namecoin miners except when difficulty changed and it briefly became more popular, so they're changing the way NMC works to allow us to mine namecoins at no cost aside from setting up a merged mining proxy.

tl;dr: namecoin is making it possible to submit the same hashes to both networks so you can mine NMC at no additional cost.
Activity: 61
July 18, 2011, 05:09:00 PM
When you update do you just copy over the password.py file from the old version to the new version?

Yep, that's exactly how I do it. Just make sure you add any new pools.
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
July 18, 2011, 05:08:26 PM
I keep backup of password.py and just overwrite on update
July 18, 2011, 05:05:49 PM
When you update do you just copy over the password.py file from the old version to the new version?
July 18, 2011, 05:05:23 PM
is Eclipse still nerfed?
July 18, 2011, 05:03:07 PM
lol disable bitpit again, the monkey is readin this thread and removed total from leaderboard.

rofl!!
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
July 18, 2011, 04:52:11 PM
As fascinating as hopping namecoin pools sounds, I'm looking forward to merged mining a bit more: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=29074

Let's wait and see how it can be implemented first. Just read the whole merged mining thread and I'm not convinced. If I ever want to mine for nmc's could easy jump to a pool or mine solo, no problem with that, but implement it at pool level it's another thing. My total hashing power it's a constant I cannot change without spending some money on hardware, if some pool merge mines and asks me if I want that then I would be diminishing my bitcoin income with something not widely accepted and equally priced, new risk I would not easily take. Leaving aside block-chain compatibilities I think it could be done but only based on popular acceptance, not imposed. I know that domain names of namecoin have a price tag set by it's developers (like fees in bitcoin) and will not be changed to soon, correct me if I'm wrong. Will wait and see what happens until then let's mine some bitcoins Wink

Thanks c00w for your efforts, I just started studying python more in depth since bithopper.
July 18, 2011, 04:51:41 PM
bitp.it removed total from leaderboard.

edit: nevermind - i see code isn't looking at that...

edit: actually, this isn't working for bitp.it. bithopper is showing like 120k shares but if you add up all the shares from the leaderboard they are 1.16 Million.
Activity: 196
July 18, 2011, 04:30:50 PM
1) nonetype issues? Switching issues? Pretty much every other issue with the latest version?
I broke the delagger again. latest version should have it fixed.

EDIT: And I added triplemining.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
moOo
July 18, 2011, 03:37:11 PM
Merged mining does look cool,  but requires a change to the namecoin blockchain and server, I'll be interested to see if it goes off smoothly.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
July 18, 2011, 03:17:02 PM
As fascinating as hopping namecoin pools sounds, I'm looking forward to merged mining a bit more: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=29074
July 18, 2011, 03:14:16 PM
Afaik the changes are mostly reoganizing code.

cool, I'll give it a bit more time before I update then.

I like some of the changes flower did and hope those two get merged. If not not a big deal.

any thought to hopping some namecoin pools during the  big difficulty change coming up?

Just to give you an idea, flowers is using the version before reoganizing of code and Im have 0 issues as I reported having with latest git pull version.

Only common difference is the versions.
July 18, 2011, 03:13:06 PM
Looks like bitcoins.lc statistics are back working again.  We will see if they hold up.

2) more pools? Stats?
The core rewrite was so I could actually get the database working correctly. I'm going to hold off on that and add more pools so I can get bitp.it working again as well as triple mining and nofee. rfcpool as well if I have the time.

Awesome.  The loss of bitp.it was a big hit as they gave out massive payments.
Activity: 196
July 18, 2011, 03:12:25 PM
1) Issues with core code specifically Nonetype errors?
I'm looking at it. Its a bug. It doesn't appear for me but I'm checking my logs. It may be a screwy debug versus non debug issue which is always annoying.

2) more pools? Stats?
The core rewrite was so I could actually get the database working correctly. I'm going to hold off on that and add more pools so I can get bitp.it working again as well as triple mining and nofee. rfcpool as well if I have the time.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
moOo
July 18, 2011, 03:07:43 PM

cool, I'll give it a bit more time before I update then.

I like some of the changes flower did and hope those two get merged. If not not a big deal.

any thought to hopping some namecoin pools during the  big difficulty change coming up?
July 18, 2011, 02:51:03 PM
So all I can think if you dont have issue with previous code, you havnt updated bithopper today.

Nope and considering that cow said

I did no work this weekend. So the same as friday.

that earlier I did not expect to update.

Thanks for the the fixes though as I plan to update.

He did make some changes about 12hrs ago to most of the core py files, since then ive had these issues.

Jump to: