Author

Topic: bitHopper: Python Pool Hopper Proxy - page 183. (Read 355689 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 502
July 18, 2011, 02:51:59 AM
For bitp.it, cant we just read the Total code on the leaderboard? https://pool.bitp.it/leaderboard

It updates pretty fast.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1007
July 18, 2011, 02:33:56 AM
Triplemining is easy,

do you have the code handy for pools.py?

This thread is getting busy enough that hopping might need it's own sub category on this forum, so we can split pool talk from development talk.
http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=26866.msg359540#msg359540

Might need a few minor adjustments (the log function is now in a different file for example) though, but its easy enough to do I guess.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
July 18, 2011, 02:24:16 AM
is there an irc channel for bithopper yet?
donator
Activity: 2058
Poor impulse control.
July 18, 2011, 02:20:48 AM
I think c00w might need to add a 'don't hop if shares = 0' function. Then of course everyone will list their shares as = 1, and we have to change it to 'don't hop if shares = 1'. Then 2. Then 3. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Add a function to consider a pool broken and disable it if the shares are unchanged between the 2 minute interval bithopper polls them.  And re-add the pool if later on the shares start changing again because it could be a minor glitch or temporary problem.  That would solve both problems most likely.

Well done , that man!

Actually, as long as they're updating pool hashrate and time since start of round, you have a fairly good estimate of how many shares have been produced unless there's huge amounts of variation (at the start or end of a hop for example). So you'd only need to cancel them out if they stopped updating hashrate and time since start of round, too.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
moOo
July 18, 2011, 02:18:59 AM
Triplemining is easy,

do you have the code handy for pools.py?

This thread is getting busy enough that hopping might need it's own sub category on this forum, so we can split pool talk from development talk.
legendary
July 18, 2011, 02:16:30 AM
Did you add nofeemining and rfcpool? Bithasher too, although I'm having problems getting a log in to work there. Finally, I haven't gotten triplemining to work yet, but they're the ones to add if you can get them working. I haven't, Sukrim has.

i have nofee, i'll have to look into the others.

Tripplemining sounds a bit ffy to me,
Triplemining is easy,

Just ignore their features (they redistribute 1% as a weekly jackpot and 1% between referrers) and treat it as a 2% fee pool and it's still ok.

I mine there right now btw., only ~400k shares! Smiley
Activity: 157
Merit: 101
July 18, 2011, 02:13:27 AM
ahh you use multiclone instead as a backup.. cool. I tried them a little, seems like a good backup.

I do that too, and its been working very well.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
July 18, 2011, 02:12:42 AM
Can you add solo mining to the mix? Might get lucky ya know?
moOo
July 18, 2011, 02:08:15 AM
Did you add nofeemining and rfcpool? Bithasher too, although I'm having problems getting a log in to work there. Finally, I haven't gotten triplemining to work yet, but they're the ones to add if you can get them working. I haven't, Sukrim has.

i have nofee, i'll have to look into the others.

Tripplemining sounds a bit ffy to me,
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
July 18, 2011, 02:05:01 AM
I think c00w might need to add a 'don't hop if shares = 0' function. Then of course everyone will list their shares as = 1, and we have to change it to 'don't hop if shares = 1'. Then 2. Then 3. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Add a function to consider a pool broken and disable it if the shares are unchanged between the 2 minute interval bithopper polls them.  And re-add the pool if later on the shares start changing again because it could be a minor glitch or temporary problem.  That would solve both problems most likely.
legendary
July 18, 2011, 02:04:36 AM
Ah well, little pool. Say good-bye to the 'hopper boost'! For the moment, eh Sukrim?  Wink

I give 'em a week max.

Doesn't look too difficult to write a basic bitcoind listener... Hopefully I outlined my ideas well enough so anyone can take on from there. I unfortunately(?) am coding other stuff at the moment and don't really have time for this.
donator
Poor impulse control.
July 18, 2011, 01:57:08 AM
donator
Poor impulse control.
July 18, 2011, 01:54:46 AM
bitp now too, we need new pools, our list if getting rather short.

I'm going to add slush tonight, just to see how bad the efficiency is with their scoring method. Might be ok. However multipool does it, it was always above 1.0

July 18, 2011, 01:50:13 AM
try using your user api instead of pool stats. Works for me.

edit wait, wrote too soon. User api total shares are down too now. If this is on purpose, why would they do that at the start of a round? Better off doing that at the end of a long round. I reckon they're just having problems with their database.

Edit:  No point now that you have seen the change too.  Damn, was getting excited there for a second.  

I think he timed it so that miners in the US would be mining all night long on his pool without switching.  I think it was a coincidence that they found a block.  At least, that is what I would do if I was a pool operator.  Squeeze out a little bit more form that glorious hopper boost before fixing it for the users.
donator
Poor impulse control.
July 18, 2011, 01:45:58 AM
try using your user api instead of pool stats. Works for me.

edit wait, wrote too soon. User api total shares are down too now. If this is on purpose, why would they do that at the start of a round? Better off doing that at the end of a long round.

Ah well, little pool. Say good-bye to the 'hopper boost'! For the moment, eh Sukrim?  Wink

edit 2 Fools! They take away total shares, but they do not take away time since start of round and average hashrate! BWA-HA-HA-HA-HAAAAA!
July 18, 2011, 01:42:10 AM
I'm still getting bitp.it's total shares in my user api. I didn't mine with them all night - although I did mine with btcg all night the night before, which killed my stats for them.

BTW, bitpit is on 25226 shares, only one hour from start of round. Jump on folks!

How are you getting that information?  On the website it says N/A and in bithopper is says 0 and in the bitp.it thread the last post is the operator talking about disabling the share stats.  I really want to keep mining at bitp.it because its been an awesome pool the last couple of days, but with no share stats that not a possibility . . .yet.
moOo
July 18, 2011, 01:40:13 AM
bitp now too, we need new pools, our list if getting rather short.
donator
Poor impulse control.
July 18, 2011, 01:37:08 AM
1) Where have you been?
Hiking traffic etc...

5) How are stats coming?
I did no work this weekend. So the same as friday.

You mean (*looks incredulous*) you actually have some kind of *life*?
Huh. What that like, then?

donator
Poor impulse control.
July 18, 2011, 01:35:39 AM
I'm still getting bitp.it's total shares in my user api. I didn't mine with them all night - although I did mine with btcg all night the night before, which killed my stats for them.

BTW, bitpit is on 25226 shares, only one hour from start of round. Jump on folks!
July 18, 2011, 01:30:26 AM
2) btcguild doesn't work!
I know I disabled it.

You can remove bitp.it too now.  They just disabled their share stats so miners will be mining with them all night long if they don't catch it.  Its a shame because they gave me some awesome payouts.
Jump to: