Author

Topic: bitHopper: Python Pool Hopper Proxy - page 186. (Read 355689 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
moOo
July 17, 2011, 02:12:52 PM
Ive only been mining with it for like 36 hours but the first 24 has made me a believer.

LOL without a doubt me too. Sometimes I get ahead of myself with the desire to "tweak" just a little more. But I have to say I am very happy with the results of the hopper so far. I am doing far better than I was mining pools solo.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
July 17, 2011, 01:58:06 PM
earlier sharesare worth more than later shares.
you always (prop) want to go the pool which founds a block.

it gets a little tricky if two pools found a block very close. i made a patch for that - have to discussed with c00w (just see git if interested)
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
July 17, 2011, 01:53:19 PM
As far as I can tell looking through the code - and someone please correct me, if I'm wrong - it uses the pool with fewest shares. The exception to this is if the pool with fewest shares has 10% or less fewer shares than the pool currently being mined for.

e.g. if you're currently mining for Mt Red and Mt Red has 200K shares, then any pool with less than 180K shares will be hopped to.

OK, so in the situation where ozcoin is at 250k shares and then mtred finds a block, bithopper jumps to mtred until mtred has 10% more shares than ozcoin?  Is that the most efficient?  I am sure people smarter and more well versed in hopping than I know better, but wouldn't it be smart to have bithopper stay with mtred until a certain % of difficulty was reached?  Or is the benefit of mining at a much smaller much slower pool greater than staying with mtred?
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
July 17, 2011, 01:43:27 PM
it'll only work if you bitcoind client listens to MANY other clients.

when it sees the message from btcguild first it's very likely btcguilds block.

shouldn't be that difficult to code either.
Activity: 111
July 17, 2011, 01:40:47 PM
a solution to btc guild and deepbit delayed stats ?
1) run a bitcoin client for each of this pools on different ports
2) config that bitcoin clients to allow the connection ONLY to this pools
3) record the time for the new block found whit each bitcoin clients, check this time against normal "new block" event, the time on the bitcoin clients should be lower
4) suppose that if the time is lower the pool got block and change the hopper on that pool

if the hopper mine at pool X and the bitcoin client is connected only on pool Z when pool Z get new block the "announcement" goes from the pool Z to bitcoin client and normal scenario from the pool Z to pool X then to the hopper

I don't think that would work. BTCG will still report new block for anyone who finds it, not necessarily just BTCG.
July 17, 2011, 01:39:32 PM

thanks I thought I looked everywhere. They didnt hide it or anything huh? Surprised it wasnt down a broken flight of stairs in a darken room with a sign on the door saying beware of leopard.

What I am wondering is why it switched off of mtred and went back to ozcoin before hitting the magic 43% or whatever number.

Try as I might, I cant seem to figure out the logic in the hopper but I havent tried to look too much at the code.

No kidding right?  I was freaking out a little when I saw:
Current Balance   0.00000000 BTC
Total Earned   0.00000000 BTC

and no payment in my wallet.  They really need to add an unconfirmed balance.

As for the logic of bithopper, I have no clue either.  I gotta say it works though.  Ive only been mining with it for like 36 hours but the first 24 has made me a believer.

For ozcoin your earnings are here: https://ozco.in/blocks.php
Activity: 78
July 17, 2011, 01:39:14 PM

thanks I thought I looked everywhere. They didnt hide it or anything huh? Surprised it wasnt down a broken flight of stairs in a darken room with a sign on the door saying beware of leopard.

What I am wondering is why it switched off of mtred and went back to ozcoin before hitting the magic 43% or whatever number.

Try as I might, I cant seem to figure out the logic in the hopper but I havent tried to look too much at the code.

As for the logic of bithopper, I have no clue either.  I gotta say it works though.  Ive only been mining with it for like 36 hours but the first 24 has made me a believer.

As far as I can tell looking through the code - and someone please correct me, if I'm wrong - it uses the pool with fewest shares. The exception to this is if the pool with fewest shares has 10% or less fewer shares than the pool currently being mined for.

e.g. if you're currently mining for Mt Red and Mt Red has 200K shares, then any pool with less than 180K shares will be hopped to.
July 17, 2011, 01:08:59 PM

moOo
July 17, 2011, 01:05:03 PM
To see how much you have made, go to Pool Stats, go to the section that says "Last 10 Blocks Found" and click on All Blocks Found and it will tell you how much you earned per block and how many confirmations are left.

July 17, 2011, 12:49:03 PM
mmm just questioning again, do any of you also get api errors with mtred ? I assume mtred is also unusable now or am I wrong?

I never get api errors with mtred.  I get api errors with btcguild.

Also, weirdness with ozcoi.in.  I have two solved blocks with them, and the newer one has 3x the confirmations as the older one??  How is that possible?  

Well its not hopping to mtred anymore so the API in latest bithopper doesnt work with mtred anymore? Did you change anything?

Mtred is at ~130k shares so it should have been hopping to mtred long ago, just gettin api error similar to btcg api error :/

My bithopper jumped the INSTANT mtred solved a block to mtred.  What I am wondering is why it switched off of mtred and went back to ozcoin before hitting the magic 43% or whatever number.  I don't know exactly when bithopper hopped off of mtred and back to ozcoin, but it was before 500k shares on mtred.  Does bithopper see greater potential in mining at ozcoin at 250k shares than at mtred at 500k shares or something?  No idea how that works.

I thought bithopper jumped to a new pool and mined there until 680k shares unless there was a block solved at one of the other pools?  It seems to jump to a pool after it solves a block but then switch pools again before hitting or coming near to 680k shares and return to the smaller pool with fewer shares that hasn't solved a block in hours.  Maybe this is the right way to do it, i have no idea.  
moOo
July 17, 2011, 12:13:32 PM
I was mining mtred earlier. so it still hops there.
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
July 17, 2011, 11:40:56 AM
btcg no longer reporting pool shares at all?

Yeh, not sure if its just for hoppers or also so users cant see how unlucky the round is.

Maybe bit of both, To be honest even if I didnt use bithopper I wouldnt use a pool that doesnt show shares.
July 17, 2011, 11:36:03 AM
mmm just questioning again, do any of you also get api errors with mtred ? I assume mtred is also unusable now or am I wrong?

I never get api errors with mtred.  I get api errors with btcguild.

Also, weirdness with ozcoi.in.  I have two solved blocks with them, and the newer one has 3x the confirmations as the older one??  How is that possible? 

Well its not hopping to mtred anymore so the API in latest bithopper doesnt work with mtred anymore? Did you change anything?

Mtred is at ~130k shares so it should have been hopping to mtred long ago, just gettin api error similar to btcg api error :/
July 17, 2011, 11:27:48 AM
btcg no longer reporting pool shares at all?
July 17, 2011, 11:22:50 AM

I never get api errors with mtred.  I get api errors with btcguild.

Also, weirdness with ozcoi.in.  I have two solved blocks with them, and the newer one has 3x the confirmations as the older one??  How is that possible? 
July 17, 2011, 11:12:18 AM
July 17, 2011, 11:07:49 AM
has any hopper actually made any coin on ozco.in? seems like I have mined there quite a bit to have a zero account.

they dont seem to post any info on pending... Are we sure they are proportional?

I also get a high stale rate there, anyone else?

and why does our hopper disagree with fasthopper.com so often?

er what is the formula for hopping?

I was just semi freaking out about this exact thing.  Thought they might have sent automatic payment or something but it wasn't showing up.  Their website needs to be updated to show unconfirmed payment.  To see how much you have made, go to Pool Stats, go to the section that says "Last 10 Blocks Found" and click on All Blocks Found and it will tell you how much you earned per block and how many confirmations are left.

I get like 10% stales there because they are apparently hosting their site in the middle of the outback off of a laptop using a tethered cell phone for internet access.
moOo
July 17, 2011, 10:56:23 AM
has any hopper actually made any coin on ozco.in? seems like I have mined there quite a bit to have a zero account.

they dont seem to post any info on pending... Are we sure they are proportional?

I also get a high stale rate there, anyone else?

and why does our hopper disagree with fasthopper.com so often?

er what is the formula for hopping?

Activity: 55
Merit: 0
July 17, 2011, 10:47:05 AM
you are missing a comma

Working now, thanks  Smiley
moOo
July 17, 2011, 10:43:13 AM
you are missing a comma

you pasted this

Code:
  'nofee':{'shares': default_shares, 'name': 'nofee',
           'mine_address': 'nofeemining.com:8332', 'user': nofee_user,
           'pass': nofee_pass, 'lag': False, 'LP': None,
           'api_address':'http://www.nofeemining.com/api.php?key=' + nofee_user_apikey, 'role':'mine'}

at the end of the list of others?

the one above it that used to be the last one.. NOW needs a comma after 'mine'}

so

Code:
 'ozco':{'shares': default_shares, 'name': 'ozco.in',
           'mine_address': 'ozco.in:8332', 'user': ozco_user,
           'pass': ozco_pass, 'lag': False, 'LP': None,
           'api_address':'https://ozco.in/api.php', 'role':'mine'},

'nofee':{'shares': default_shares, 'name': 'nofee',
           'mine_address': 'nofeemining.com:8332', 'user': nofee_user,
           'pass': nofee_pass, 'lag': False, 'LP': None,
           'api_address':'http://www.nofeemining.com/api.php?key=' + nofee_user_apikey, 'role':'mine'}
Jump to: