Author

Topic: bitHopper: Python Pool Hopper Proxy - page 188. (Read 355689 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
July 17, 2011, 01:08:59 AM
what sort of efficiencies you seeing? mine are mostly 1.5 to 1.8

I don't have any fancy stats setup or anything, but the first 24 hours I mined, which ended about an hour ago for me, I mined 92.3% more than I normally do.  Almost doubled what I should be making. That is only counting what is confirmed and unconfirmed.  Have unfinished rounds at ozco.in and bitp.it which should boost todays efficiency up pretty high when the blocks are finally found.  

Bitp.it has efficiency off the charts which is why I did so well today.

How do you calculate the efficiency on a per pool basis?  Are you using that proxy setup?
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
July 17, 2011, 12:44:56 AM
Wow, bitp.it just started having connection problems and within minutes their hashrate fell 50%.  Think they might be getting a little hopped.

they were totally hopped:

but it was only a small hitch at the end there after stable hashrate for 2.5 hours. Don't think hopping was the issue. Mt Red has the ball now anyway, and bitpit are back to 50 Ghps.

No, I don't think hopping caused the connection issues.  I am just amazed at how pervasive hopping is that it more than doubled their hash rate.  Makes me feel like a chump for not jumping on the hopping bandwagon sooner.  Used to "hop" manually only when long blocks came up with fairly good success, but nothing like what I am seeing with bithopper. 

what sort of efficiencies you seeing? mine are mostly 1.5 to 1.8
July 17, 2011, 12:42:27 AM
Wow, bitp.it just started having connection problems and within minutes their hashrate fell 50%.  Think they might be getting a little hopped.

but it was only a small hitch at the end there after stable hashrate for 2.5 hours. Don't think hopping was the issue. Mt Red has the ball now anyway, and bitpit are back to 50 Ghps.

No, I don't think hopping caused the connection issues.  I am just amazed at how pervasive hopping is that it more than doubled their hash rate.  Makes me feel like a chump for not jumping on the hopping bandwagon sooner.  Used to "hop" manually only when long blocks came up with fairly good success, but nothing like what I am seeing with bithopper. 
donator
Poor impulse control.
July 17, 2011, 12:35:13 AM

Activity: 302
Merit: 250
July 17, 2011, 12:17:45 AM
I already reward at least 1-2% donation to the pools that I use, make sure they can afford to upgrade the pools to support surges in hashrates from bitHopper.

Thanks for getting nofeemining to work, hope it turns out to be a legit pool.

P
July 17, 2011, 12:12:20 AM
Wow, bitp.it just started having connection problems and within minutes their hashrate fell 50%.  Think they might be getting a little hopped.
donator
Poor impulse control.
July 16, 2011, 10:32:24 PM
ok, nofeemining is working, if you want to try (yes i know they're new and could scam us). use the code i have earlier, just change the api address to http://www.nofeemining.com/api.php

The person running nofeemining fixed the api within a few minutes of my request - so i'm def donating to them. I hope those of you that add nofeemining do too. a responsive, engaged pool owner is the best sort. helps get thing sorted quickly - one way or the other.

as an aside - i think it's a good idea to donate even a little bit - even 0.5% - to any pool you hop. adding 100ghps at round start is prolly a pain for the pool operators, so why you may wish to sweeten it for them and they may keep their pools hoppable longer.
donator
Poor impulse control.
July 16, 2011, 10:10:06 PM
yep, not sure how the decision making process works. but the most important bit for us - total round shares - are there. i asked the site operator if he could be bothered adding triplemining and nofeemining and his own json api - would give us an easy way to add those pools that have messy or non json apis.

I would gladly donate to that site if it would enable deepbit support in bithopper. 

deepbit support is only provided to donators

If techwtf provided a json feed then it would, and I'd be donating too.

btw, nofeemining.com is using https for their pool api page, which i think is causing the problem. Anyone know how to enable the --nocertficate or --insecure or whatever option in python?
July 16, 2011, 09:57:27 PM
yep, not sure how the decision making process works. but the most important bit for us - total round shares - are there. i asked the site operator if he could be bothered adding triplemining and nofeemining and his own json api - would give us an easy way to add those pools that have messy or non json apis.

I would gladly donate to that site if it would enable deepbit support in bithopper. 

deepbit support is only provided to donators
donator
Poor impulse control.
July 16, 2011, 09:51:10 PM
July 16, 2011, 09:47:00 PM
btc guild now reporting total shares - only not via the pools stats page. luckily if you want to mine btcg, you can find and use (with some regex) the data here:

http://fasthoop.appspot.com/

Thats a pretty awesome page.  Wonder why they see bitcoins.lc as the best pool to mine right now instead of bitp.it, which is where bithopper has me mining.  Bitp.it just gave me my daily quota of BTC on a single 50 minute round, so I am inclined to disagree with that site on that one, lol.
donator
Poor impulse control.
July 16, 2011, 09:42:39 PM
btc guild now reporting total shares - only not via the pools stats page. luckily if you want to mine btcg, you can find and use (with some regex) the data here:

http://fasthoop.appspot.com/

edit oooops - now fasthoop no longer has it either. must've just been a delay.

going to be relying on smaller pools now, and tightening up the algo for scoring pools too. I always got better efficiency than 1.0 with slush on multipool. Going to add him here now, see how it goes. I think you have to have smaller acceptable total shares before you hop, but not sure what that figure is. Anyone know?
July 16, 2011, 09:31:24 PM
Holy shit bitp.it.  I think I love you.
donator
Poor impulse control.
July 16, 2011, 07:47:58 PM
now that nofeemining.com are no longer protecting their stats with a captcha, i decided to add them (i added and defined nofee_user_apikey in passwords.py):

Code:
      'nofee':{'shares': default_shares, 'name': 'nofee',
           'mine_address': 'nofeemining.com:8332', 'user': nofee_user,
           'pass': nofee_pass, 'lag': False, 'LP': None,
           'api_address':'https://www.nofeemining.com/api.php?key=' + nofee_user_apikey, 'role':'mine'}

def nofee_sharesResponse(response):
    global servers
    info = json.loads(response)
    round_shares = int(info['poolRoundShares'])
    servers['nofee']['shares'] = round_shares
    bitHopper.log_msg('nofee:' + FormatShares(round_shares))

'nofee':nofee_sharesResponse,

but i get the following error:

Code:
"[Failure instance: Traceback: : No JSON object could be decoded\n/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py:1076:gotResult\n/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py:1063:_inlineCallbacks\n/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py:361:callback\n/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py:455:_startRunCallbacks\n---  ---\n/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py:542:_runCallbacks\n/home/user/bitHopper/pool.py:195:selectsharesResponse\n/home/user/bitHopper/pool.py:169:nofee_sharesResponse\n/usr/lib/python2.6/json/__init__.py:307:loads\n/usr/lib/python2.6/json/decoder.py:319:decode\n/usr/lib/python2.6/json/decoder.py:338:raw_decode\n]"

the api definitely works from curl and wget, and the identifier is 'poolRoundShares'.

no fee mining is a prop pool that proudly proclaim on their website :"no pool hopping protection" !  they want us bad. i like being wanted. So any ideas on a fix?

I'm having the same issues, have you figured this out? Ive on NFM for a while and it looks and sounds decent. If you hit up  https://www.nofeemining.com/api.php you get the pool stats, no API key required. What does No JSON object could be decoded mean? It seems like there is a poolRoundShares item in the response.

No luck. Also no luck in getting triplemining up and running either.
July 16, 2011, 07:43:17 PM
Seems like bitcoins.lc has a 30 minute delay on reporting a block solved.  Just switched over exactly 30 minutes after they solved a block after mining on a backup pool for the prior 30 minutes.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
July 16, 2011, 07:18:14 PM
bitcoins.lc also does the same thing like BTCguild

I don't think so.  BTC guild spoofs their shares so bithopper would never stop mining at their pool.

Also, is it possible for bithopper to absolutely cripple an internet connection?  I have fiber directly to my house and for the first time in years it was brought to its knees for about 20 minutes today (first day running bithopper).

.... here I have a 3mb adsl and browsing works pretty well on various pc´s while my miners do their stuff Smiley
July 16, 2011, 05:39:09 PM
bitcoins.lc also does the same thing like BTCguild

I don't think so.  BTC guild spoofs their shares so bithopper would never stop mining at their pool.

Also, is it possible for bithopper to absolutely cripple an internet connection?  I have fiber directly to my house and for the first time in years it was brought to its knees for about 20 minutes today (first day running bithopper).
Activity: 61
July 16, 2011, 05:29:54 PM
Looks like were down to just three hopable pools + backups now....  Undecided

Methinks we need too look at adding some of the newer pools who really want that extra hash boost...
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
moOo
July 16, 2011, 05:17:31 PM
just FYI you can disable btc guild yourself in pools.py by changing 'mine' to 'info' under the btcg section.

thanks for the heads up
vip
Activity: 166
Merit: 100
July 16, 2011, 05:03:53 PM
BTC Guild is now under a one hour delay for their stats.

From IRC: <@Eleuthria> 1 hour stat delay

Time to look elsewhere, or figure out a way to determine when a new round starts.

Edit: The API is showing fake stats to show 100 round shares and a start time of 1 second. Consequently, 100+ Ghps jumped into the pool. Disable BTC Guild immedietly until a work around is determined, if any is possible.
Jump to: