Author

Topic: bitHopper: Python Pool Hopper Proxy - page 195. (Read 355689 times)

Activity: 302
Merit: 250
July 14, 2011, 11:29:52 AM
Plus I find it hard to think of it as cheating when their isnt even the slightest of obstacles to get around. Not even a user agreement that says I cant do this. Kinda hard to claim I am breaking the rules when you cant even point to the rule I broke.

What If i found a way to edit the miner software and add say 3% of speed.. none of you have that speed increase.. would that be cheating? Shouldnt we all be forced to use the same mining software?

+1

Also joulesbeef: Greatest Avatar Ever +1111111
Activity: 476
moOo
July 14, 2011, 11:04:57 AM
Look! There are people out in the streets without any guns. They are stupid to run around 24/7 without protection, they deserve to be robbed.

Um not even the same. Look what if I took Us dollars and traded them for various currencies around the world and then back into dollars and got a proffit. You held onto your dollars 24/7 and are pissed I made money off mine.

It is quite different to have a few smart people figure out ways to gain the system compared to a publicly available refined tool which enables a large part of the community to "help pools switch over to fairer methods".

not really, you are just upset at scale. If you consider it cheating than it is cheating weather one does it or 20. It doesnt matter if only a few smart people do it, it is still cheating.  Pool operators dont give a shit, it doesnt hurt them. So nothing will change unless you actually let people understand this is going on.

Plus I find it hard to think of it as cheating when their isnt even the slightest of obstacles to get around. Not even a user agreement that says I cant do this. Kinda hard to claim I am breaking the rules when you cant even point to the rule I broke.

What If i found a way to edit the miner software and add say 3% of speed.. none of you have that speed increase.. would that be cheating? Shouldnt we all be forced to use the same mining software?

legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1007
July 14, 2011, 11:03:01 AM
Look! There are people out in the streets without any guns. They are stupid to run around 24/7 without protection, they deserve to be robbed.  Cheesy
If you think a gun protects you, you might also mine proportionally! Tongue

The publicly available refined tool which enables a large part of the community to "help pools switch over to fairer methods" already exists in the form of hopping-proof payout algorithms. For about half a year now. If (new!) pools like triplemining choose to still proportional payouts, this is knowing that it's users can and will be exploited (some even write this on their main page).
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
July 14, 2011, 10:43:23 AM
It is quite different to have a few smart people figure out ways to gain the system compared to a publicly available refined tool which enables a large part of the community to "help pools switch over to fairer methods".
There was very noticeable amount of hopping miners for pretty long time now, they were clearly seen on eligus graph weeks ago.
And i wouldn't call this tool "refined" in any sense except maybe it doesn't crash.
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
July 14, 2011, 10:41:49 AM
Uh oh when in trouble just phone D.W ... DARKWING DUCK.
Activity: 33
July 14, 2011, 10:31:35 AM
You guys walk in and raid little pools of existing users and "steal" part of their profits.
Uhm no...

Whoever is stupid enough to mine 24/7 in a proportional pool deserves it. AND whoever sets up a proportional pool also deserves being hopped. There are at least 2 guaranteed safe hopping proof payout methods out there with 0 risk for the operator and other miners and the same or similar variance for miners.

Look! There are people out in the streets without any guns. They are stupid to run around 24/7 without protection, they deserve to be robbed.  Cheesy

You guys walk in and raid little pools of existing users and "steal" part of their profits.
Uhm no...

Whoever is stupid enough to mine 24/7 in a proportional pool deserves it. AND whoever sets up a proportional pool also deserves being hopped. There are at least 2 guaranteed safe hopping proof payout methods out there with 0 risk for the operator and other miners and the same or similar variance for miners.

+1. Bithopper was set up in order to help these proportional pools wise up to the fact and switch over to fairer methods. Before proxy's like Bithopper were publicly available hopping still occurred, just the people who were doing it weren't telling you.

We're actually helping the bitcoin community over here... Hopping is helping shall we say!  Grin

Activity: 61
Merit: 10
July 14, 2011, 10:17:07 AM
Uhm no...

+1. Bithopper was set up in order to help these proportional pools wise up to the fact and switch over to fairer methods. Before proxy's like Bithopper were publicly available hopping still occurred, just the people who were doing it weren't telling you.

We're actually helping the bitcoin community over here... Hopping is helping shall we say!  Grin
legendary
July 14, 2011, 10:06:41 AM
Uhm no...

Activity: 111
July 14, 2011, 10:05:14 AM
Efficiency is kinda neat, but

15:57:40] btcguild efficiency: 873998.638431%

sounds a little bit off... Wink

Reason:
You only take into account the current difficulty. With this I really would be the king of all hoppers... but as I mined in the past already quite a bit (I'm one of the first miners there) this screws the results "a bit".

Not just that, btcguild lost all past share count after the last DDOS. At least for me anyways.
Activity: 33
July 14, 2011, 10:03:07 AM
mind-blowing thought... In an not very far future the pool operators will be asking bithopper rotation to increase the chances finding a block a little bit faster Smiley

mind-blowing thought... In an not very far future small pool operators will have lost all their users to the biggest pools out there were hopping is either not possible or irrelevant.

legendary
July 14, 2011, 10:01:56 AM
Efficiency is kinda neat, but

15:57:40] btcguild efficiency: 873998.638431%

sounds a little bit off... Wink

Reason:
You only take into account the current difficulty. With this I really would be the king of all hoppers... but as I mined in the past already quite a bit (I'm one of the first miners there) this screws the results "a bit".
Activity: 61
July 14, 2011, 09:56:26 AM
I get error in my api for bitclockers and same for btcguild.. tripple checked the api..

and is there anyway I can copy the the output I see in my command prompt window in windows? Or output the errors to a text file so I can be more concise?

To copy output from cmd window.. right click the top of the winodw -> Edit -> Mark.

Mark the text you wish to copy.

Right click the top of the winodw -> Edit -> Copy.
Activity: 476
moOo
July 14, 2011, 09:52:28 AM
I get error in my api for bitclockers and same for btcguild.. tripple checked the api..

and is there anyway I can copy the the output I see in my command prompt window in windows? Or output the errors to a text file so I can be more concise?

says something about a divide by zero error.. running python 2.7.. error message  seems to be coming from twisted

edit: thanks koopa

Code:
[09:57:14] mining.mainframe.nl :3661888
[09:57:14] Server change to eligius, telling client with LP
[09:57:15] mtred :1467948
[09:57:16] bitclockers :1149461
[09:57:16] Error in user api for bitclockers
"[Failure instance: Traceback: : float divi
sion by zero\nD:\\Python27\\lib\\site-packages\\twisted\\internet\\defer.py:1076
:gotResult\nD:\\Python27\\lib\\site-packages\\twisted\\internet\\defer.py:1063:_
inlineCallbacks\nD:\\Python27\\lib\\site-packages\\twisted\\internet\\defer.py:3
61:callback\nD:\\Python27\\lib\\site-packages\\twisted\\internet\\defer.py:455:_
startRunCallbacks\n--- ---\nD:\\Python27\\lib\\site-pack
ages\\twisted\\internet\\defer.py:542:_runCallbacks\nD:\\Users\\joulesbeef\\Down
loads\\c00w-bitHopper-8324470\\c00w-bitHopper-8324470\\stats.py:65:selectsharesR
esponse\nD:\\Users\\joulesbeef\\Downloads\\c00w-bitHopper-8324470\\c00w-bitHoppe
r-8324470\\stats.py:39:parse_bitclockers\n]"
[09:57:16] bitp.it efficiency: 501.717153311%
[09:57:16] pool.bitp.it :1086776
[09:57:16] Error in user api for btcg
"[Failure instance: Traceback: : float divi
sion by zero\nD:\\Python27\\lib\\site-packages\\twisted\\internet\\defer.py:1076
:gotResult\nD:\\Python27\\lib\\site-packages\\twisted\\internet\\defer.py:1063:_
inlineCallbacks\nD:\\Python27\\lib\\site-packages\\twisted\\internet\\defer.py:3
61:callback\nD:\\Python27\\lib\\site-packages\\twisted\\internet\\defer.py:455:_
startRunCallbacks\n--- ---\nD:\\Python27\\lib\\site-pack
ages\\twisted\\internet\\defer.py:542:_runCallbacks\nD:\\Users\\joulesbeef\\Down
loads\\c00w-bitHopper-8324470\\c00w-bitHopper-8324470\\stats.py:65:selectsharesR
esponse\nD:\\Users\\joulesbeef\\Downloads\\c00w-bitHopper-8324470\\c00w-bitHoppe
r-8324470\\stats.py:23:parse_btcguild\n]"
[09:57:16] mineco :236436
[09:57:16] btcguild :468482
[09:57:16] Server change to btcg, telling client with LP
[09:57:17] eclipsemc :3709664
[09:57:21] bitcoin.lc :4486079
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
July 14, 2011, 09:46:10 AM
Does anyone know why im getting these API errors for bitclockers/bitpit ?

Code:
Error in user api for bitp
"[Failure instance: Traceback: : float division by zero\n/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py:1076:gotResult\n/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py:1063:_inlineCallbacks\n/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py:361:callback\n/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py:455:_startRunCallbacks\n--- ---\n/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py:542:_runCallbacks\n/home/miner1/bitHopper/stats.py:65:selectsharesResponse\n/home/miner1/bitHopper/stats.py:55:parse_bitp\n]"

Code:
"[Failure instance: Traceback: : float division by zero\n/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py:1076:gotResult\n/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py:1063:_inlineCallbacks\n/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py:361:callback\n/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py:455:_startRunCallbacks\n---  ---\n/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py:542:_runCallbacks\n/home/miner1/bitHopper/stats.py:65:selectsharesResponse\n/home/miner1/bitHopper/stats.py:39:parse_bitclockers\n]"
Activity: 66
July 14, 2011, 08:55:03 AM
Just saw this error pop up while watching output:

Code:
Unhandled error in Deferred:
Unhandled Error
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "d:\python27\lib\site-packages\twisted\internet\defer.py", line 1076, in
gotResult
    _inlineCallbacks(r, g, deferred)
  File "d:\python27\lib\site-packages\twisted\internet\defer.py", line 1020, in
_inlineCallbacks
    result = g.send(result)
  File "D:\Bithopper\work.py", line 66, in jsonrpc_lpcall
    d = update(body)
  File "d:\python27\lib\site-packages\twisted\internet\defer.py", line 1141, in
unwindGenerator
    return _inlineCallbacks(None, f(*args, **kwargs), Deferred())
--- ---
  File "d:\python27\lib\site-packages\twisted\internet\defer.py", line 1020, in
_inlineCallbacks
    result = g.send(result)
  File "D:\Bithopper\lp.py", line 25, in update_lp
    except ResponseFailed:
exceptions.NameError: global name 'ResponseFailed' is not defined
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
July 14, 2011, 08:40:25 AM
mind-blowing thought... In an not very far future the pool operators will be asking bithopper rotation to increase the chances finding a block a little bit faster Smiley
July 14, 2011, 08:32:25 AM
Thanks Sukrim and OCedHrt - you just saved me hours on eligius - not that that's bad thing, just not exciting. I owe you both.
A pleasure! Wink

ozcoin seems really hot atm, so thanks for sharing that code! They also already have ~80 GH/s, so not too bad (one might get "stuck" if we include very tiny pools and the higher chance of getting scammed there is not in the calculation... Roll Eyes)

Let me give ozcoin a try as well, since stuck on eligius right now.

I re-enabled bitclockers but re-adjusted their share count for their crappy luck (shares / (0.78 / 1.28)) or something like that.
legendary
July 14, 2011, 08:29:41 AM
Thanks Sukrim and OCedHrt - you just saved me hours on eligius - not that that's bad thing, just not exciting. I owe you both.
A pleasure! Wink

ozcoin seems really hot atm, so thanks for sharing that code! They also already have ~80 GH/s, so not too bad (one might get "stuck" if we include very tiny pools and the higher chance of getting scammed there is not in the calculation... Roll Eyes)
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
July 14, 2011, 08:21:56 AM
Haha, I know it´s a little dumb (running 2 proxys) but every one has it´s pros and cons. With the php proxy in between bithopper and miner can have nice graphs and stats without buggin´ c00w to implement it. Have various friends connect to me and hop them on the same pool I am working thanks to bithopper and share rewards after counting the shares in a adjustable time-frame. If hopper fails for some reason (which happen allot when something is hours new creation) have all my workers mine for a backup pool till a I see what happened or restart bithopper.

Btw, would like an option to shutdown nicely bithopper that passes done work and stop getting new one (don´t really like brute force method ctrl-c )
July 14, 2011, 08:19:00 AM
Its hash rate when the block is found. And my efficiency is about 76%. If yours is higher or you want to use it go right ahead. I'm disabling it because I'd rather mine on eligius.

They still claim proportional on the forums. 321 shares @ 853012 shares in round at 0.5% fee comes out to 0.01862752 while the dashboard is reporting ~0.01862784. Sounds about right. Though not sure about the bad efficiency.
I have still 115 MH/s displayed there for the last 15 minutes, though my miner was not even online in the last few hours. I think there's something broken on their end... We'll see after this round if we still get paid or not (if yes --> prop, if not --> PPL15M)

It's definitely prop, but they have really bad luck. Do that math on their block statistics.

A total of 22774221 shares for the last 13 blocks. That's 0.00002854/share. Or 1751863 shares/block. And 48428226 for the last 25 blocks. That's even worse at 1937129 shares/block.

Either really bad luck or someone is share stuffing/block stealing. This is compared to 29438078 shares for the last 25 blocks at mineco - coming out to 1177523 shares/block.
Jump to: