Author

Topic: bitHopper: Python Pool Hopper Proxy - page 196. (Read 355689 times)

legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1007
July 14, 2011, 08:12:51 AM
Its hash rate when the block is found. And my efficiency is about 76%. If yours is higher or you want to use it go right ahead. I'm disabling it because I'd rather mine on eligius.

They still claim proportional on the forums. 321 shares @ 853012 shares in round at 0.5% fee comes out to 0.01862752 while the dashboard is reporting ~0.01862784. Sounds about right. Though not sure about the bad efficiency.
I have still 115 MH/s displayed there for the last 15 minutes, though my miner was not even online in the last few hours. I think there's something broken on their end... We'll see after this round if we still get paid or not (if yes --> prop, if not --> PPL15M)
donator
Activity: 2058
Poor impulse control.
July 14, 2011, 08:05:10 AM
Thanks Sukrim and OCedHrt - you just saved me hours on eligius - not that that's bad thing, just not exciting. I owe you both.

btw, why use two proxies?
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
July 14, 2011, 07:54:56 AM
Its hash rate when the block is found. And my efficiency is about 76%. If yours is higher or you want to use it go right ahead. I'm disabling it because I'd rather mine on eligius.

They still claim proportional on the forums. 321 shares @ 853012 shares in round at 0.5% fee comes out to 0.01862752 while the dashboard is reporting ~0.01862784. Sounds about right. Though not sure about the bad efficiency.
legendary
July 14, 2011, 07:46:04 AM
those 2 projects should jsut get together Cheesy
Yeah because php and Python are the same language... NOT! Tongue

About Ozcoin:
try it with 'role':'mine' instead of info... Smiley
July 14, 2011, 07:44:17 AM

Show/share your code, otherwise it's a bit hard to tell where you are missing something.

Thanks for the response, Sukrim. I didn't post the code because it ran well in yesterday's version. I'm just following on from the existing code and making a change based on the api. The code goes where the other relevant lines are (i'm sure you recognise the stanzas - no line numbers, I'm doing this out of notepad, sorry.)

passwords.py:
Code:
ozcoin_user = 'user.0'
ozcoin_pass = 'pass.0'

pool.py:

Code:
	'ozcoin':{'shares': default_shares, 'name': 'ozcoin',
            'mine_address': 'ozco.in:8332', 'user': ozcoin_user,
            'pass': ozcoin_pass, 'lag': False, 'LP': None,
            'api_address':'https://ozco.in/api.php', 'role':'info'},

def ozcoin_sharesResponse(response):
    global servers
    info = json.loads(response)
    round_shares = int(info['shares'])
    servers['ozcoin']['shares'] = round_shares
    bitHopper.log_msg( 'ozcoin :' + str(round_shares))

'ozcoin':ozcoin_sharesResponse,

This works fine in yesterdays 'hopper, but with with the further split today in bitHopper.py from pool.py I think I've missed something new. I can't see any reference to pool names in bitHopper.py

Any ideas, mate?

role needs to be 'mine'
donator
Poor impulse control.
July 14, 2011, 07:42:03 AM

Show/share your code, otherwise it's a bit hard to tell where you are missing something.

Thanks for the response, Sukrim. I didn't post the code because it ran well in yesterday's version. I'm just following on from the existing code and making a change based on the api. The code goes where the other relevant lines are (i'm sure you recognise the stanzas - no line numbers, I'm doing this out of notepad, sorry.)

passwords.py:
Code:
ozcoin_user = 'user.0'
ozcoin_pass = 'pass.0'

pool.py:

Code:
	'ozcoin':{'shares': default_shares, 'name': 'ozcoin',
            'mine_address': 'ozco.in:8332', 'user': ozcoin_user,
            'pass': ozcoin_pass, 'lag': False, 'LP': None,
            'api_address':'https://ozco.in/api.php', 'role':'info'},

def ozcoin_sharesResponse(response):
    global servers
    info = json.loads(response)
    round_shares = int(info['shares'])
    servers['ozcoin']['shares'] = round_shares
    bitHopper.log_msg( 'ozcoin :' + str(round_shares))

'ozcoin':ozcoin_sharesResponse,

This works fine in yesterdays 'hopper, but with with the further split today in bitHopper.py from pool.py I think I've missed something new. I can't see any reference to pool names in bitHopper.py

Any ideas, mate?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
July 14, 2011, 07:35:34 AM
those 2 projects should jsut get together Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
July 14, 2011, 07:27:21 AM
hey ppl, if you want pretty stats and pool fail-over protection I recommend you install a proxy (https://github.com/cdhowie/Bitcoin-mining-proxy) Have been running proxy-bithopper setup for 48 hours with no issues. With the proxy in between you can have your friends help you and hop together Smiley  Thanks c00w for making a great script. Now my miners never idle.
legendary
July 14, 2011, 07:26:37 AM
I've been trying to add ozco.in I've done it successfully previously. Now bitHopper reports the round shares for ozco.in but wont change over to it when it has the fewest. Is there something in the new bitHopper I have to change?

tia

That means they use a PPLNM system (pay per last n minutes). Interesting, but as far as I can see quite hopping proof. It increases variance though, so let's see how thir users react... Wink
Disabling it is the right choice here, the pool can't be hopped that way.
July 14, 2011, 07:15:50 AM
LP isn't working with the new cgminer.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020
July 14, 2011, 06:51:01 AM
Well in terms of revenue it should mathematically be 28% more if you are hopping all the time. Earlier someone said they got ~20% more. At the worst case you'll get the same revenue you'd get normally and be stuck mining at eligius all day.

Stats are slowly in the process of going up. There is a stat dump file which records shares, difficulty, and server.

I originally wanted the stats to be integrated into the server but I might just write a program which allows you to enter you rewards from each server and calculates its efficiency.

EDIT: I did some quick calculations on btcguild and I have 9362 shares. I expected to get 0.299 btc for those shares. I got 0.384 for those shares. So I got about 28% more that I should have. Which is actually pretty amazing.

I cross posted this over on the btcguild thread.

Tongue   Grin
donator
Poor impulse control.
July 14, 2011, 06:49:53 AM
@c00w

just installed most recent from git. Thx for stats!

I've been trying to add ozco.in I've done it successfully previously. Now bitHopper reports the round shares for ozco.in but wont change over to it when it has the fewest. Is there something in the new bitHopper I have to change?

tia
Activity: 61
July 14, 2011, 06:37:29 AM
Thanks for the latest version c00w - just updated to it. However, I come bearing errors Grin

When bithopper attempts to jump to BTC Guild , the connection seems flaky at best, usually the following error is reported just before the connection dies and bithopper switches to another pool:

Code:
[11:18:54] LP triggered from server btcg
Unhandled error in Deferred:
Unhandled Error
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\twisted\internet\defer.py", line 1076, in gotResult
    _inlineCallbacks(r, g, deferred)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\twisted\internet\defer.py", line 1020, in _inlineCallbacks
    result = g.send(result)
  File "C:\path\to\bithopper\c00w-bitHopper-8324470\work.py", line 66, in jsonrpc_lpcall
    d = update(body)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\twisted\internet\defer.py", line 1141, in unwindGenerator
    return _inlineCallbacks(None, f(*args, **kwargs), Deferred())
--- ---
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\twisted\internet\defer.py", line 1020, in _inlineCallbacks
    result = g.send(result)
  File "C:\path\to\bithopper\c00w-bitHopper-8324470\lp.py", line 25, in update_lp
    except ResponseFailed:
exceptions.NameError: global name 'ResponseFailed' is not defined
[11:18:59] RPC request [] submitted to BTC Guild
[11:18:59] RPC request [] submitted to BTC Guild
Caught, jsonrpc_call insides
TCP connection timed out: 10060: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond..
[11:19:02] Server change to mtred, telling client with LP
[11:19:03] LP triggered serving miner
[11:19:03] LP Call eu.mtred.com:8337/LP
caught, Final response/writing
Request.finish called on a request after its connection was lost; use Request.notifyFinish to keep track of this.
caught, Final response/writing
Request.finish called on a request after its connection was lost; use Request.notifyFinish to keep track of this.
Caught, jsonrpc_call insides
TCP connection timed out: 10060: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond..
[11:19:14] RPC request [] submitted to mtred

Could bithopper be triggering some sort of flood protection over at BTC Guild? Is there a way around it?

Cheers.

*Edit - LP errors are cropping up on other pools, connection to BTC Guild seems a little more stable now.
nob
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
July 14, 2011, 04:17:37 AM
another question:

i'm using bithopper for some days and never mined on bitcoins.lc

is this right? or a bug?

looks kinda weird to me
Activity: 157
Merit: 101
July 14, 2011, 04:02:35 AM
new pool.py exits without any output

Run python bitHopper.py.

Pool.py is now only for the pool functions.

Well, i might be 100% ignorant, but i cant find bitHopper.py in the git.

Edit: found it now, stupid cache
Activity: 196
July 14, 2011, 03:42:42 AM

Run python bitHopper.py.

Pool.py is now only for the pool functions.
Activity: 157
Merit: 101
July 14, 2011, 03:26:02 AM
July 14, 2011, 03:20:47 AM
Activity: 698
Merit: 500
July 14, 2011, 03:18:46 AM
It looks like bitclockers is using a payment scheme based on hashing rate not number of shares. I'm disabling it for now. And I got its efficiency statistics written.

it's proportional scheme, # shares = hash rate
July 14, 2011, 01:35:26 AM
It looks like bitclockers is using a payment scheme based on hashing rate not number of shares. I'm disabling it for now. And I got its efficiency statistics written.

EDIT: bitp is coded as well.
Jump to: