Pages:
Author

Topic: bitHopper: Python Pool Hopper Proxy - page 69. (Read 355678 times)

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
August 06, 2011, 11:17:32 PM
with my poclbm mod i am running at 0.28% and 0.33% stales (only twominers running).

and still using the nicer stats grabbing and pool decisions from bitthopper

so you arent using cherry picker.. just modded poclbm and bithopper?

yes,

my poclbm-mod connects to bithopper and loads a pool list from there.

it checks the page every three seconds and switches (with no stale or rejects) to the new bithopper-current

you'll lose the worker management and submitted shares display in bithopper (and it sometimes shows an exception on a flaky connection - which could safely be ignored [just had no time to fix it right now])

btw. i am working on this atm: http://miner.k1024.de
its pre pre pre alpha. only thing that works:
a nice stats page where two bithopper instances pushes their round share information.
they are both running on different networks - just to make sure the pools dont start playing "whats your ip" with us

(suggestions are welcome)
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
moOo
August 06, 2011, 11:11:35 PM
with my poclbm mod i am running at 0.28% and 0.33% stales (only twominers running).

and still using the nicer stats grabbing and pool decisions from bitthopper

so you arent using cherry picker.. just modded poclbm and bithopper?
legendary
Activity: 1428
August 06, 2011, 11:04:04 PM
Data point on biclockers:
With Cherry: .513% stales.
2.3Gh/s on one worker from 10 GPUs
Same account and worker since before I started hopping.
FWIW.

and still using the nicer stats grabbing and pool decisions from bitthopper Smiley
Activity: 434
August 06, 2011, 11:02:44 PM
Using Altslicer, Slush currently on 14%, still requesting work...

EDIT:  Stopped it manually at 18% as I'm heading out and don't trust it to stop on its own.  Regardless, it's not quite working as intended yet.

Sounds like it was actually set to mine rather than mine_slush for some reason. I heard of someone else having that problem back a few pages. I just caught the current block at slush's and it stop slicing right at 11% so it does work at least part of the time. Catching those really quick blocks with such a small time investment is gold. Smiley
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
August 06, 2011, 10:57:06 PM
Data point on biclockers:
With Cherry: .513% stales.
2.3Gh/s on one worker from 10 GPUs
Same account and worker since before I started hopping.
FWIW.
Activity: 798
August 06, 2011, 10:43:08 PM
I've totally given up with bitclockers until we work out what the problem is.    If it works ok in Cherry Picker then I guess it's something in the bitHopper code.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
August 06, 2011, 10:40:34 PM
I dont get that high in rejects.. maybe 6% with bitclockers.. it does go red often and kick me off, so i dont get many shares there.

which pool you on.. yeah I'm sure you tried them all.. but which one.

and what is with bitcoin.lc.. i guess they are delaying stats but giving us the right stats? seemed to never hit zero but was suddenly 30%

I'm using pools 1 2 and 3 concurrently.

It was getting so bad that I even tried a 1 share altslice between the three servers - I put a worker on each server and gave them the names bitclockers bitclockers2 etc as if they were actually different pools. I tried to just server a share at a time to each pool hoping it would slow down my getwork rate and fix stales. This got my stales down to 20 - 25%. Not nearly good enough.

re bclc - even if they are delaying, mining from say 30 to 43% is still more efficient than mining PPS. SO don't worry about it - in the long run missing a little from one pool is no big deal.
moOo
August 06, 2011, 10:28:29 PM
I dont get that high in rejects.. maybe 6% with bitclockers.. it does go red often and kick me off, so i dont get many shares there.

which pool you on.. yeah I'm sure you tried them all.. but which one.

and what is with bitcoin.lc.. i guess they are delaying stats but giving us the right stats? seemed to never hit zero but was suddenly 30%
donator
Poor impulse control.
August 06, 2011, 10:16:18 PM
Why is my bithopper mining on eligius(backup) when bitclockers is on 28%? It mined bitclockers for a bit but then it changed to a red font color in the stats screen and went onto eligius, but nothing appears to be wrong with bitclockers..

manually set it to mine bitclockers and watch it all fall apart. I get around 20 to 50% stale from them, and 0.5 to 2% everywhere else. Look at the last  few pages for details.
Activity: 481
Merit: 502
August 06, 2011, 10:08:45 PM
Why is my bithopper mining on eligius(backup) when bitclockers is on 28%? It mined bitclockers for a bit but then it changed to a red font color in the stats screen and went onto eligius, but nothing appears to be wrong with bitclockers..
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
August 06, 2011, 09:52:38 PM
@simonk
Thats normal. generally miners are lazy and may drop lp connections as there own protocols time out. If your mining client barfs though when recieving an LP then there is something wrong.

Withholding winning shares.
The issue is it hurts us as well. A winning share has the payment to the pool encoded in its data. Its impossible to change that and still have it be a winning share. So you make less money.
legendary
Activity: 2618
August 06, 2011, 09:20:45 PM
Well, with about ~100-150 GH/s at hand we can also threaten PPS pools to code in a function that checks for winning shares and withholds them... Would be interesting to code but a kinda shitty thing to do (and also help nothing in pool hopping - the only way to migitate would be using a more secure way of doing getworks, preferrably like p2ppool, where miners can choose their transactions).

donator
Poor impulse control.
August 06, 2011, 09:13:50 PM

EDIT:  Stopped it manually at 18% as I'm heading out and don't trust it to stop on its own.  Regardless, it's not quite working as intended yet.

Try mining slush with role:mine instead of mine_slush and penalty set to 4.0

That should make it act like a normal mine only it will hop off at about 11%
moOo
August 06, 2011, 08:44:40 PM
We might be implementing an hour wait on found blocks, but till will remove round shares info and current round duration info. So we will see how pps turns out.

sounds like they already thought of my idea... oh well we will have to keep an eye on them.. if they went stealth we might have to leave
Activity: 481
Merit: 500
August 06, 2011, 08:41:32 PM
Did anyone see this about MtRed going stealth:

RedditorRex(Pool Admin) 1 point 1 day ago

We might be implementing an hour wait on found blocks, but till will remove round shares info and current round duration info. So we will see how pps turns out.
Activity: 798
August 06, 2011, 08:29:52 PM

moOo
August 06, 2011, 08:10:57 PM
actually from their reddit page

Someone had asked why pps was fee and prop wasn't. It's fee less for now but cant promise that it wont change.

but mtred pays les than say ars

mtred at  0.0000246189788758

ars 0.000026472020

but close enough for me and plus it would help us get back to 0% with mtred

but I pay every pool i mine 1% i figure this would make a pool op miss us were he to chase us away
moOo
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
August 06, 2011, 07:57:44 PM
Good idea. They have a fee for PPS?

7% at MtRed last time I checked.
donator
Poor impulse control.