Pages:
Author

Topic: bitHopper: Python Pool Hopper Proxy - page 68. (Read 355678 times)

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
August 07, 2011, 06:50:32 AM
Data point on biclockers:
With Cherry: .513% stales.
2.3Gh/s on one worker from 10 GPUs
Same account and worker since before I started hopping.
FWIW.

with my poclbm mod i am running at 0.28% and 0.33% stales (only twominers running).

and still using the nicer stats grabbing and pool decisions from bitthopper Smiley

Cool I'll have to check it out. Dies it work with ryouiki fork or just c00w's?

I think it reinforces that bithopper is still identifiable by bitclockers when it's in between.

i think it should work with ryo too.. never checked; but he forked after i integrated (my lame) first website - so i guess the json data could still be the same.

just try Smiley
Activity: 798
August 07, 2011, 05:31:44 AM
Slush didn't change until 21% this time.  Definitely needs some tweaking.   Latest c00w's (penalty at 1, mine_slush, altslicer).
legendary
Activity: 910
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
August 07, 2011, 04:51:26 AM
in pools.cfg, [btcpool24] is missing a
Code:
url:http://www.btcpool24.com

I changed slush penalty to 2.5, lets see how that works out.

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
moOo
August 07, 2011, 03:17:14 AM
yeah we are both right
my way gets off at 11% though
that is mine with a penalty of 4
his way gets off at 14%
that is mine_slush with penalty of 1

all of this is in theory as c00w is often up late creating new bugs Wink
Activity: 434
August 07, 2011, 03:15:04 AM
Correct. Change penalty to 1.0 for mine slush...or as the cow up dere says you can leave it set to 4.0 and change role to mine.

Three quick blocks in a row just now. Smiley Gotta love that mine_slush role. Hope you guys got some shares in there.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
August 07, 2011, 03:10:47 AM
Penalty should be set to 1.0 not 4.0. You can change it on stats page temporarily but the longterm solution is to change it in user.cfg.

for slush?? cuz the user.cfg has it set to 4.0 defaulted.
moOo
August 07, 2011, 03:09:42 AM
Using Altslicer, Slush currently on 14%, still requesting work...

EDIT:  Stopped it manually at 18% as I'm heading out and don't trust it to stop on its own.  Regardless, it's not quite working as intended yet.

Try mining slush with role:mine instead of mine_slush and penalty set to 4.0

That should make it act like a normal mine only it will hop off at about 11%

I do this cause I was having issues as well and it seems to work out better for me

slush just had a nice 3 in a row
Activity: 434
August 07, 2011, 03:06:38 AM
Penalty should be set to 1.0 not 4.0. You can change it on stats page temporarily but the longterm solution is to change it in user.cfg.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
August 07, 2011, 03:02:12 AM
The behaviour I experience w/ bithopper and slush, latest build is...
Default start values (no switches) and also mine_slush, penalty 4.0

bh stops mining slush around 3% into around =/

Is this right? how can I fix it?
Thanks
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
August 07, 2011, 02:18:01 AM
Data point on biclockers:
With Cherry: .513% stales.
2.3Gh/s on one worker from 10 GPUs
Same account and worker since before I started hopping.
FWIW.

with my poclbm mod i am running at 0.28% and 0.33% stales (only twominers running).

and still using the nicer stats grabbing and pool decisions from bitthopper Smiley

Cool I'll have to check it out. Dies it work with ryouiki fork or just c00w's?

I think it reinforces that bithopper is still identifiable by bitclockers when it's in between.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006
August 07, 2011, 02:11:45 AM
i'm quite positive it's because of the germs in the laundry basket, where i set up the rig.

damn germs, messing with my bits & bytes.
Activity: 196
August 07, 2011, 01:59:21 AM
Yes. very good point. Too much water means they'll either drown, or grow pot and smoke it - either way they stop working, in the latter case with a puff of smoke.

One last tip and I promise I'll post anything else I think is useful under 'hardware'. Always remember to have birth control available for your Little Green Men (computer 'pros' call them LGM). Daily prices for these miniature condoms can be found at lgm.gov.my:

http://www3.lgm.gov.my/mre/daily.aspx

Very good tip. I've been looking for a site like this for awhile now. The last one got shut down for having bugs in their product. It was horrible.

Oh and before I start a new post in hardware I'd like to say that getting insurance for your little green men is a good idea. Rates and pricing can be found at: http://www.lgm.ca/

both are exactly the same version of twisted, openssl, and zope.

eh, i guess it's just part of the fun.

I found with these sorts of things it's best to just blame it on ridiculous events such as possibly one to many dogs expelled gas at that very moment you installed bitHopper and caused a ripple in time forever changing the future.
legendary
August 07, 2011, 01:29:13 AM
i just realized something weird.

I run two bithoppers on two different rigs, exact same bithopper, ran with altslicer...one hops to deepbit, the other one to polmine.
restarted the bithopper, same thing.

what's going on?  Huh

Ahh the joys of programming. Code an application, works great on the computer its coded on but then gives different results on each different computer its on. It's probably one of those things where you have a different version of something and its just slightly different. Like possibly different version of twisted on each computer.
both are exactly the same version of twisted, openssl, and zope.

eh, i guess it's just part of the fun.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
August 07, 2011, 01:06:41 AM
Or maybe the little green men that run around inside the computer have slightly different preferences. What, you didn't know there were tiny people in your computer? Why do you think cpus and gpus get so hot then? With all those tiny bodies getting hot running around they need lots of aircon, and that's why we have fans and water cooling.

Sorry this is slightly off topic but it's important for people to understand the basics of computing.

cheers

ooc

No no I agree, its fundamental that people understand how computers work. One thing you left out though is that you can accidentally drown the green men if you use water cooling and if you do that its game over. Need to make sure its not too deep for them when your setting it up.

Again off topic, but it's a good tip Smiley

Yes. very good point. Too much water means they'll either drown, or grow pot and smoke it - either way they stop working, in the latter case with a puff of smoke.

One last tip and I promise I'll post anything else I think is useful under 'hardware'. Always remember to have birth control available for your Little Green Men (computer 'pros' call them LGM). Daily prices for these miniature condoms can be found at lgm.gov.my:

http://www3.lgm.gov.my/mre/daily.aspx

August 07, 2011, 12:53:42 AM
Or maybe the little green men that run around inside the computer have slightly different preferences. What, you didn't know there were tiny people in your computer? Why do you think cpus and gpus get so hot then? With all those tiny bodies getting hot running around they need lots of aircon, and that's why we have fans and water cooling.

Sorry this is slightly off topic but it's important for people to understand the basics of computing.

cheers

ooc

No no I agree, its fundamental that people understand how computers work. One thing you left out though is that you can accidentally drown the green men if you use water cooling and if you do that its game over. Need to make sure its not too deep for them when your setting it up.

Again off topic, but it's a good tip Smiley
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
August 07, 2011, 12:47:57 AM

I run two bithoppers on two different rigs, exact same bithopper, ran with altslicer...one hops to deepbit, the other one to polmine.

what's going on?  Huh

Ahh the joys of programming. Code an application, works great on the computer its coded on but then gives different results on each different computer its on. It's probably one of those things where you have a different version of something and its just slightly different. Like possibly different version of twisted on each computer.

cheers

ooc
August 07, 2011, 12:41:56 AM

what's going on?  Huh

legendary
August 06, 2011, 11:52:35 PM

what's going on?  Huh
Activity: 798
August 06, 2011, 11:32:52 PM
Using Altslicer, Slush currently on 14%, still requesting work...

EDIT:  Stopped it manually at 18% as I'm heading out and don't trust it to stop on its own.  Regardless, it's not quite working as intended yet.

Sounds like it was actually set to mine rather than mine_slush for some reason. I heard of someone else having that problem back a few pages. I just caught the current block at slush's and it stop slicing right at 11% so it does work at least part of the time. Catching those really quick blocks with such a small time investment is gold. Smiley

It was definitely set to mine_slush Sad
moOo
August 06, 2011, 11:22:27 PM
neat i have some questions but I'll put it in your thread
Pages:
Jump to: