Pages:
Author

Topic: bitHopper: Python Pool Hopper Proxy - page 76. (Read 355678 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na
August 05, 2011, 07:33:14 PM
I don't understand the "penalty" option in the user.cfg

What does it do?  Can I use it for other pools than Slush? What would be the effect of a higer or a lower value? Smiley

higher penalties make the pool less likely to be chosen all other things being equal.

for example, if two pools are at 20%, the one with lower penalty will be chosen.

Thanks Smiley I'll play around with it tomorrow.
It's 1:32 AM over here... Bye!
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
August 05, 2011, 07:31:08 PM
I fixed some DB problems and LP looks fixed. So I tagged v0.1.1. If you're running a version which is moderately newish this is probably what you want to use.

I think you introduced a new one, though.

Whenever BH writes to database, no further submitted shares are updated, or if they are they're not showing up on the webpage.

Example starting with no database.
Before first "writing to database" user shares are updated for pool 1. As soon as the message shows up, user shares stay static.
Switching to pool 2, the same behaviour is evident. User shares for pool 2 updates up till the point that changes are written to the database, and then stay static.

Stales are still updating though, and as far as I can tell it has no impact on performance.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
August 05, 2011, 07:26:38 PM

What does it do?  Can I use it for other pools than Slush? What would be the effect of a higer or a lower value? Smiley

higher penalties make the pool less likely to be chosen all other things being equal.

for example, if two pools are at 20%, the one with lower penalty will be chosen.
legendary
August 05, 2011, 07:18:29 PM

Activity: 504
Merit: 502
August 05, 2011, 06:53:25 PM
So I've been out of the loop for most of the week with work issues, and I come here and there's like 30+ new pages  Huh

Anyway just git pull and am running

Still a little confused on the slice scheduler - is it on by default now or do I need to do something different to slice?

edit: alot of work done this week geez, really appreciate it c00w et al

Default is normal slicescheduler, you can pass the cmd --scheduler OldDefaultScheduler or just doublecheck the spelling by launching hopper with --listschedulers
Activity: 272
Merit: 250
Fighting Liquid with Liquid
August 05, 2011, 06:41:41 PM
So I've been out of the loop for most of the week with work issues, and I come here and there's like 30+ new pages  Huh

Anyway just git pull and am running

Still a little confused on the slice scheduler - is it on by default now or do I need to do something different to slice?

edit: alot of work done this week geez, really appreciate it c00w et al
August 05, 2011, 06:34:55 PM
Ive wondered about the following error whenever I switch to bitclockers.

Code:
[00:33:00] LP triggered from server bitclockers
[00:33:00] Error in json decoding, Probably not a real LP response

Is this normal at all?
August 05, 2011, 06:23:10 PM
json reset again lol

fucking lovely, ill just have to use the regex stats for now assuming those are correct.

small request to you clipse: can you put a little bit more attention when it resets to see if it's a 0 or a sub 100 value ? (a predictable value), can be circumvented ignoring a reset when in that range

edit: I actually don't  monitor this pool anymore, but when did, I've seen that strange resets too

It resets to 0 and counts onwards then eventually corrects to the actual round shares, then it resets again(atleast it happened twice like this today on the JSON)
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
August 05, 2011, 05:57:56 PM
Ok, here's the test to see if Slush is fixed Wink

EDIT:  All good Smiley
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
August 05, 2011, 05:53:24 PM
json reset again lol

fucking lovely, ill just have to use the regex stats for now assuming those are correct.

small request to you clipse: can you put a little bit more attention when it resets to see if it's a 0 or a sub 100 value ? (a predictable value), can be circumvented ignoring a reset when in that range

edit: I actually don't  monitor this pool anymore, but when did, I've seen that strange resets too
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
August 05, 2011, 05:44:01 PM
I fixed some DB problems and LP looks fixed. So I tagged v0.1.1. If you're running a version which is moderately newish this is probably what you want to use.
Activity: 350
August 05, 2011, 05:13:49 PM
I'm holding back on 24 and dig for a bit until they have proved themselves more. I've given them some shares for the current round as a test and that would be that. I will try all the new pools once, but after that they need to be proven worthy as Clipse is saying imo. I had similar issue with poolmunity's json, though I never sent any shares in and won't until they've paid out a couple blocks. Someone also said poolmunity wasn't good for another reason, but wasn't told what. Maybe someone can shed some light?

Trying to maximize the profit efficiency by hopping more pools is great and all, but for me it's more about the philosophy that I'm hopping and not being hopped on that matters most rather than risking too much at these new pools. Wink I say Bithasher having 8 blocks under it's belt is a sweetspot personally to be invited for a piece of my pie slice.

legendary
August 05, 2011, 04:43:25 PM
apply medicine

api_address: http://www.btcpool24.com/stat.php
api_method: re
api_key:
Round Shares:([ 0-9]+)

api_strip: ' '

My concern isnt where to get the stats but when to know that the stats are actually accurate.

I would like to know that too, until then I just watch stats, graphs and my instinct to tell if someone messing with that info

This is how it looks now... In doubt, as you can see Tongue

[btcpool24]
name: btcpool24
mine_address: min.btcpool24.com:8338
#api_address: http://www.btcpool24.com/json_stats.php
#api_method: json
#api_key: shares_this_round
api_key:

url: http://www.btcpool24.com/
August 05, 2011, 04:32:04 PM
json reset again lol

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
August 05, 2011, 04:29:57 PM
apply medicine

api_key:

My concern isnt where to get the stats but when to know that the stats are actually accurate.

I would like to know that too, until then I just watch stats, graphs and my instinct to tell if someone messing with that info
Activity: 476
moOo
August 05, 2011, 04:29:30 PM
I dont know anything at all about setting up  a pool, but this is the first newb pool that said it found a block and then came back and said that was a glitch and now apparently it happened again? or did they ind a block.

yeah some of these new pools you got to be wary of. Bitcoins are money after all. It isnt out of the rhelm of possibilities for someone to scam peoples megahashes and run off with the coin.  Not saying that is what they are doing but always got to be wary of the new pools
August 05, 2011, 04:06:35 PM
apply medicine

api_key:

legendary
August 05, 2011, 04:01:56 PM
apply medicine

api_key:

Seems to work Smiley
Until they "fix" json this should do it...
Activity: 698
Merit: 500
August 05, 2011, 03:51:36 PM
apply medicine

api_key:

August 05, 2011, 03:48:21 PM
Now the json is "fixed" again, for how long anyones guess.
Pages:
Jump to: