Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain Antminer A3 earning $500 a day mining SIAcoin . .WHAT?! Results & Stats - page 13. (Read 11726 times)

Activity: 162
Merit: 2
In the meantime, A3 are still available for ordering on the  Bitmain's site. What would we get guys when the second batch will completely be deployed?

Hopefully a paid miner before the next ones are shipped...
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
In the meantime, A3 are still available for ordering on the  Bitmain's site. What would we get guys when the second batch will completely be deployed?
Activity: 178
Merit: 12
I'm running 631 @ 88% fans currently (100 makes an annoying vibration in my floor). Running fine, temps in the mid to high 70s (pulling cold basement air), though I am still baffled by the whole "if you reboot, your temperatures change by 5-10 degrees" thing.

theyre 5-10 higher or lower for you?

They would be lower because rebooting them cools them down cause mining stops then fans sync. Wont last  though depending  on ambient  temp

Nope, they're both. I'm talking about a bug in the A3 itself (that others have reported too). If I make a change, as it is resetting it will either go up 5-10 from the previous running or down, but whichever it is it runs consistently at. So for example, my current temps are 79-75-81. The last time I changed wallets, the temps were all in the mid 80s, so I reset again and they are back down. It's been a pretty common thing based on posts on this board (though I don't know if it is universal or not), so if your A3 is running hot, you might be able to bring it down a bit just by hitting "save and apply".
I dont have good data to support this but I've basically noticed the same thing and found it really odd. . . couple restarts and monitoring temps for just a short period seemed to yield "yeah it looks good now.." lol

I got my First Batch yesterday put it on at about 7pm  2/2/2018  on www.siamining.com  I will hoard my coins.

Statistics
Unpaid Balance
28.39 SC
All-Time Rewards
1,549.36 SC
All-Time Hashes
52,062 TH
Blocks Found
Last Share
12:01:29
(just now)

Hash Rate
Valid Shares
Stale Shares
Invalid Shares
Rewards
5 minutes
828 GH/s
0 (0.0%)
0 (0.0%)
6.60 SC
15 minutes
858 GH/s
0 (0.0%)
0 (0.0%)
20.60 SC
60 minutes
863 GH/s
0 (0.0%)
0 (0.0%)
83.90 SC
6 hours
849 GH/s
0 (0.0%)
0 (0.0%)
530.88 SC
Activity: 162
Merit: 2
I really want to get in this mining business, but don't know where to start. Any help?

1. I sell you my miner +phat markup
2. I make enough to buy two of those miners
3. You a happy customer
 Grin
Activity: 238
Merit: 7
I really want to get in this mining business, but don't know where to start. Any help?
Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
I'm running 631 @ 88% fans currently (100 makes an annoying vibration in my floor). Running fine, temps in the mid to high 70s (pulling cold basement air), though I am still baffled by the whole "if you reboot, your temperatures change by 5-10 degrees" thing.

They would be lower because rebooting them cools them down cause mining stops then fans sync. Wont last  though depending  on ambient  temp

Nope, they're both. I'm talking about a bug in the A3 itself (that others have reported too). If I make a change, as it is resetting it will either go up 5-10 from the previous running or down, but whichever it is it runs consistently at. So for example, my current temps are 79-75-81. The last time I changed wallets, the temps were all in the mid 80s, so I reset again and they are back down. It's been a pretty common thing based on posts on this board (though I don't know if it is universal or not), so if your A3 is running hot, you might be able to bring it down a bit just by hitting "save and apply".
I dont have good data to support this but I've basically noticed the same thing and found it really odd. . . couple restarts and monitoring temps for just a short period seemed to yield "yeah it looks good now.." lol
Activity: 434
Merit: 52
I just got my A3 today....so what's the best pool for SC right now?

I like luxor. They pay out regularly and have a good interface, plus they are large but not the dominant and they donate back to the SIA devs.

sia.luxor.tech

I would recommend anyone who is thinking about mining at Luxor read this first:  https://medium.com/@nitronick600/message-to-nebulous-labs-7c42df1f86d5   I mined there for a few days, thinking I was doing my civic duty to spread the hashrate and support the devs.  Then my eyes were opened.

I read that before I even got my miner. I see no problem with it, and in fact support many aspects of it.

So you support the pool that wants to render the miner you just spent $2500 on useless?  That makes no sense.

No, I do not. I said I support many aspects of it. That doesn't mean all of it.
Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

I like luxor. They pay out regularly and have a good interface, plus they are large but not the dominant and they donate back to the SIA devs.

sia.luxor.tech

I would recommend anyone who is thinking about mining at Luxor read this first:  https://medium.com/@nitronick600/message-to-nebulous-labs-7c42df1f86d5   I mined there for a few days, thinking I was doing my civic duty to spread the hashrate and support the devs.  Then my eyes were opened.

I read that before I even got my miner. I see no problem with it, and in fact support many aspects of it.

So you support the pool that wants to render the miner you just spent $2500 on useless?  That makes no sense.
anyone using Luxor ? they use PPLNS now. I still get 0 SC on my balance since the last payout ( approx 2 hours ago). Is there a way to know what our current balance is ?

Just noticed that. Payout still seems about the same so far for me, but now I have to do some income comparisons again...
They switched to PPLNS because they have some technical problem causing less than 50% luck as of now (here: https://siastats.info/mining_pools.html). So they were losing money with PPS. Now you will pay for this instead, getting half of what you should. I wouldn't use a PPLNS pool with 47% luck if I were you.

THANK YOU for this. Swapping over to Siamining until this is sorted!

Activity: 489
Merit: 253
@VoskCoin

What freq do you run your A3?  What are your temps?

freq 644 and I do not recommend overclocking in full disclosure etc whatever Cheesy

/ full dash https://imgur.com/sN20uA7

/ miner pulls in outside air currently around 40 f

Activity: 25
how much are they making a day$? in the last 2 days? thanks! got someone selling one for  3k, is it worth it?
Activity: 140
Merit: 17
anyone using Luxor ? they use PPLNS now. I still get 0 SC on my balance since the last payout ( approx 2 hours ago). Is there a way to know what our current balance is ?

Just noticed that. Payout still seems about the same so far for me, but now I have to do some income comparisons again...
They switched to PPLNS because they have some technical problem causing less than 50% luck as of now (here: https://siastats.info/mining_pools.html). So they were losing money with PPS. Now you will pay for this instead, getting half of what you should. I wouldn't use a PPLNS pool with 47% luck if I were you.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
@VoskCoin

freq 644 and I do not recommend overclocking in full disclosure etc whatever Cheesy

@VoskCoin

sia.luxor.tech

Activity: 47
@VoskCoin

https://i.imgur.com/lUT9XOJl.png

Thx - think it is winter where you are......  we are in mid summer and with the default settings my temps are in the 88-92 range.... think I will not try the overclocking....
Guys can we stop the miner FUD?

Global hashrate is around 8P right now, which means there were roughly 10K A3's released in batch one. Block time is still around 20 min's, this has been decreasing and will hit 10 min soon. Right now profitability is near 1300SC/day which should be near 2600SC/day when the block time corrects in a few days time.

Until batch 2, 2600SC/day should be stable. If batch 2 is also near 10K units this will halve to 1300SC/day which is still $30 ish per day at current price. If batch 2 is 20K units then we should be seeing around 650SC/day or $15 ish/day at current price.

So the only way batch 2 stands to not be profitable is if there is a major crash in sia price or more than 20K units are shipped. Is it the $600/day that people were getting on day one, no. But it will still likely be one of Bitmain's most profitable miners until batch 3.

The only people spreading fud are the ones who didn't get in on the initial order and/or are too broke to buy one for 1000 bucks.  I don't think anyone is going to get rich buying a 2nd batch A3 but they will most likely make handsome profit.  It is certainly no worse than buying a 1080ti right now.

sia.luxor.tech

Pages:
Jump to: