Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain Antminer A3 earning $500 a day mining SIAcoin . .WHAT?! Results & Stats - page 14. (Read 11726 times)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
@VoskCoin

What freq do you run your A3?  What are your temps?

freq 644 and I do not recommend overclocking in full disclosure etc whatever Cheesy

/ full dash https://imgur.com/sN20uA7

/ miner pulls in outside air currently around 40 f
Activity: 145
Merit: 11
@VoskCoin

What freq do you run your A3?  What are your temps?

figured id add mine:

3x A3's running at 700 OC, temps in the 40-50c range consistently. Fan running at 100%.

Miners running in sub-zero canadian winter ^_^

Here's one of the 3
https://siamining.com/addresses/84a648188182de2187abc2548a992cdda69e7421657570f7144c8b70e7d916af9247e706ae09
Activity: 262
<<<-----( )----->>>
Guys can we stop the miner FUD?

Global hashrate is around 8P right now, which means there were roughly 10K A3's released in batch one. Block time is still around 20 min's, this has been decreasing and will hit 10 min soon. Right now profitability is near 1300SC/day which should be near 2600SC/day when the block time corrects in a few days time.

Until batch 2, 2600SC/day should be stable. If batch 2 is also near 10K units this will halve to 1300SC/day which is still $30 ish per day at current price. If batch 2 is 20K units then we should be seeing around 650SC/day or $15 ish/day at current price.

So the only way batch 2 stands to not be profitable is if there is a major crash in sia price or more than 20K units are shipped. Is it the $600/day that people were getting on day one, no. But it will still likely be one of Bitmain's most profitable miners until batch 3.
I wish i could trust your calcs i would buy two more units. but idk

Don't trust anybodys calcs.... you have to do your own.   The devs may have a better idea about the structure of the difficulty algo and where the difficulty where level off.... but you have to do your own calcs.  There are plenty of unknowns, like Bitmain's batch sizes.   The folks at Obelisk disclosed their batch sizes which makes it easier to estimate difficulty and profitability, but look what happened to them.  
Activity: 145
I am new to this whole thing about antminer.
This is my screenshoot of my antminer A3. It is still safe that the chip temps reach up to 90 C?

Also what software can we use to monitor our A3 from outside computer ?

90 is a bit high, you may want to manually set your fan. Start at 95% and lower until you feel comfortable (also note that these machines are buggy and sometimes a simple power cycle will have it running a little cooler).

I have mine running in a cold (50-55F) basement with the fan set to 90 and the clock set to 631 and the hottest chips are running just under 80C. Which is still slightly uncomfortable for me, but since it ran stock at 84C so I'm cool with it. 90 is worrying, though, and I'd try upping your fan speed.
How to manually adjusting the fan ?

under the main miner settings tab click the 'manual fan' control box, and set the % you want it to run at. I run all my Bitmain ASICs at 100%, never have had issues.
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
@VoskCoin

What freq do you run your A3?  What are your temps?
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
keep mining it, maybe one day we will see siacoin hit 1$ or maybe not  Grin
difficulty adjustment taking some effect or miners panic resold in transit as earnings are up ~20% in SC ..obviously not USD

https://siamining.com/addresses/e6374ba7874a7c441d277320f99398a39999179dfa26932aa38291f18487b564d8953a17efa2
Glad to see this return bruh, I got mine today haven't hooked it yet happy mining  Wink
cheers Cheesy hope its a profitable for you!

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

Global hashrate is around 8P right now, which means there were roughly 10K A3's released in batch one. Block time is still around 20 min's, this has been decreasing and will hit 10 min soon. Right now profitability is near 1300SC/day which should be near 2600SC/day when the block time corrects in a few days time.

Until batch 2, 2600SC/day should be stable. If batch 2 is also near 10K units this will halve to 1300SC/day which is still $30 ish per day at current price. If batch 2 is 20K units then we should be seeing around 650SC/day or $15 ish/day at current price.

So the only way batch 2 stands to not be profitable is if there is a major crash in sia price or more than 20K units are shipped. Is it the $600/day that people were getting on day one, no. But it will still likely be one of Bitmain's most profitable miners until batch 3.
This is a more accurate prediction imo ^

Profit as measured in SC up 40% /// I'm not saying or advising or recommending to buy an A3, simply bringing FACTS for you to make your own informed decisions and understand the basic fact that bitmain will saturate a market to the 10-20 usd per earnings imo every time

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046
As what i seen and calculate the profit right now is $34 per day maybe when the first release of A3 miner the profit for siacoin is awesome compare to other and the price is really too cheap..  and now the difficulty increases i think the profit will also decrease..
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

I wish i could trust your calcs i would buy two more units. but idk
Activity: 434
Merit: 52
I am new to this whole thing about antminer.
This is my screenshoot of my antminer A3. It is still safe that the chip temps reach up to 90 C?

Also what software can we use to monitor our A3 from outside computer ?

90 is a bit high, you may want to manually set your fan. Start at 95% and lower until you feel comfortable (also note that these machines are buggy and sometimes a simple power cycle will have it running a little cooler).

I have mine running in a cold (50-55F) basement with the fan set to 90 and the clock set to 631 and the hottest chips are running just under 80C. Which is still slightly uncomfortable for me, but since it ran stock at 84C so I'm cool with it. 90 is worrying, though, and I'd try upping your fan speed.
Activity: 22
Merit: 2

Activity: 162
Merit: 2
difficulty adjustment taking some effect or miners panic resold in transit as earnings are up ~20% in SC ..obviously not USD

https://siamining.com/addresses/e6374ba7874a7c441d277320f99398a39999179dfa26932aa38291f18487b564d8953a17efa2
Glad to see this return bruh, I got mine today haven't hooked it yet happy mining  Wink
YouTube.com/VoskCoin

Activity: 167
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Or could it be that the "second batch" WAS Bitmain's "internal mining use" machines and they decided to dump them out while there was still a market for them?

Nah....

They dropped the price BECAUSE profitability died - VERY OLD pricing tactic on the part of Bitmain.

Makes me scared to buy an ASIC unless I can get one in the very first batch like VoskCoin did.

Unless it's an algorithm with a LONG ESTABLISHED ASIC presence like SHA256 (Bitcoin and such) or Scrypt (Litecoin among others), it IS a huge risk past the first batch of the first ASIC miner for an algorithm.

It helps a lot and reduces the risk factor quite a bit to have very low electric cost - then you can still make SOME money when other folks are losing it.

Activity: 262
<<<-----( )----->>>

Now . Profit 4$/day . HAHAHAHA

what did you say...

the profit is (not in $...) 1050 Sc per day... if the SC increase to 0.04 $ more than 40$ a day... pffff... troll...

Funny,,, bunch of FUD trolls on here.  At the moment A3 is one of most profitable bitmain miners out there.  Now that may only last a few weeks, but the numbers dont lie.
Activity: 264
Merit: 100
some guy sold his chickens for this crappy miner, very sad.
Activity: 62

what did you say...

the profit is (not in $...) 1050 Sc per day... if the SC increase to 0.04 $ more than 40$ a day... pffff... troll...

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2018/05/4/1517499076-siamininng-1.png

Activity: 2
Guys watch out for the A3, bitmain is manipulating the difficulty. After seeing the A3 staying in stock they prolly disconnected their miners to make it profitable again so they can sell their march batch. yesterday it was doing 17$ a day, and after Bitmain put their March batch for sale the difficulty went to -50%. I bet that after selling out all the A3 the difficulty will double again.

Gotta be level headed.  You see people freakin out all over the place, fire selling their miners etc.   By my calcs, most batch 1 A3 buyers will have ROI'd by the time the 2nd A3 batch comes online in late March.  Then profits reduced from ~$30-50/day to $10-20/day assuming SC price stays around these levels.

There wont be any profit in march anymore. U'll just waste the electricity just to be lvl headed Smiley 

That’s what i think also, we will see in march how the A3 is doing. Hope people dont get screwed. Till then mine on!
Activity: 45
Guys watch out for the A3, bitmain is manipulating the difficulty. After seeing the A3 staying in stock they prolly disconnected their miners to make it profitable again so they can sell their march batch. yesterday it was doing 17$ a day, and after Bitmain put their March batch for sale the difficulty went to -50%. I bet that after selling out all the A3 the difficulty will double again.

Gotta be level headed.  You see people freakin out all over the place, fire selling their miners etc.   By my calcs, most batch 1 A3 buyers will have ROI'd by the time the 2nd A3 batch comes online in late March.  Then profits reduced from ~$30-50/day to $10-20/day assuming SC price stays around these levels.

There wont be any profit in march anymore. U'll just waste the electricity just to be lvl headed Smiley 
Pages:
Jump to: