Pages:
Author

Topic: BITMAIN Antminer S1 support and OverClocking thread - page 38. (Read 144941 times)

Activity: 90
Merit: 10
Untitled
^very nice idea of turning the boards around! You might consider trying 425MHz if you want to get an extra 10GHS from the unit since you have nice low temps
Thanks!

The fan on fin idea is from Dogie's Setup thread (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3852903).

I will probably let it run a bit more and then see what else can be done. So many little projects to do... I still have USB Block Erupters to upgrade to gain 100MH/s...  Roll Eyes

Edit: Random detail - The Arctic F12 Pro PWM 120mm fans I'm using are only 57 CFM. You could certainly use stronger fans but may not want to power them from the board.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
^very nice idea of turning the boards around! You might consider trying 425MHz if you want to get an extra 10GHS from the unit since you have nice low temps
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx
Nice setup. I am trying to find out if i can overclock them to 425 or 450Mhz. With your setup i have a better cooling then now. Going to find more of these fans Smiley
Untitled
S1 Overclocked to 400MHz. 204GH/s 12hr avg.
Temperatures at 45/42C. Ambient temperature in S1 area is 24C (wall mount thermostat is two feet below the S1).

Boards flipped around (dogie) and the wifi antenna connector needs to be removed from frame. Fans on both sides.

The fans (www.ebay.com/itm/300981509108) were $5 when I got them. They have raised the price since.
Not high flow but quiet and cheap. I am guessing the fans read 0 due to the chaining. No ill effects yet, it has been a couple days.

Put heat sinks on the inductors (goxed) and I have a bunch of small heat sinks coming and may put some on the chips (just because).

The fan 'brackets' are cut pieces of steel pipe strap (which is useful for a ton of random fastening needs like PSUs, hard drives, hubs, etc)
Feet are resting on thin strips of rubber mat to reduce vibration noise.

The pink zip ties are pink zip ties and the yellow zip ties are yellow zip ties.

This stuff certainly is prod environment material but it entertains me.  Cool

Thanks to:
goxed (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitmain-antminer-s1-support-and-overclocking-thread-348327)
John C ([urlhttps://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=348327.msg3856863#msg3856863][/url])
dogie (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3852903).
and this (http://tnerual.eriogerg.free.fr/vimqrc.pdf) because I need to spend some time with one of the most popular *nix text editors.
--------------------------------------------------------------
So how do I actually set up the pool in miner configuration for the 180gh AntMiner?
I don't really have any numbers to enter in there, I normally do stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334 (I don't think wzkid likes to give out actual ip numbers)
Then my address for my worker, and x for password.

But, it does not seem to be taking it. The little spinner just sits there and spins, says applying changes to  /etc/config/cgminer     and nothing happens.
I also have a red "unsaved changes = 1" at the to right, no idea what this means....   dhcp.cfg06f37d=domain

I imagine you have this sorted by now but http://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334 works for eligius with an S1
Click on Unsaved Changes then Save & Apply.
Untitled
Sorry for the idiot questions.  Embarrassed
What does the load: 2.13 2.09 1.19 in the top right hand corner mean?
I can't find it in any documentation?
Batteryman.

1 Minute Load 5 Minute Load 15 Minute Load
You can see similar data on Status > Real Time Graphs
Activity: 29
Merit: 0

Sorry for the idiot questions.  Embarrassed

What does the load: 2.13 2.09 1.19 in the top right hand corner mean?

I can't find it in any documentation?

Batteryman.

Activity: 529
Merit: 501
So how do I actually set up the pool in miner configuration for the 180gh AntMiner?

I don't really have any numbers to enter in there, I normally do stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334 (I don't think wzkid likes to give out actual ip numbers)

Then my address for my worker, and x for password.

But, it does not seem to be taking it. The little spinner just sits there and spins, says applying changes to  /etc/config/cgminer     and nothing happens.

I also have a red "unsaved changes = 1" at the to right, no idea what this means....   dhcp.cfg06f37d=domain

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
legendary
So, it is possible that they can run on 450 or even 500Mhz with the proper cooling?
legendary
ASIC Wannabe
Haven't heard of anyone trying it, but I don't think the voltage regulators would do well under that load.

Someone mentioned these earlier. For what voltage have the regulators on board been designed?

I'm also wondering what would be the safe levels for these?

They should be capable of 30A - Texas Instruments TPS53355

that means 33W at 1.1V (total of 264W for antminer), but obviously that doesnt match up with the reality (almost 2x that draw at 400MHz). Am i missing something, or is the chip simply capable of much higher than rated capacity?

alternatively, would increasing voltage to 1.3V and reducing frequency mean a lower amperage draw on the regulator for similar power use/hashrate?
Activity: 29

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but I did have a good look through the forum.

My question is this.

Is there any advantage using something like Slush's proxy to pre-fetch, in order to speed up the Antminers overalll throughput, or does it not make much difference?

Activity: 130
Merit: 100
Haven't heard of anyone trying it, but I don't think the voltage regulators would do well under that load.

Someone mentioned these earlier. For what voltage have the regulators on board been designed?

I'm also wondering what would be the safe levels for these?
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
Not sure if this is the right thread - has anyone tried encasing the unit to improve the airflow? A lot of air is escaping on the sides, never reaching the far side. Or would simply attaching another fan remedy the situation? Also, does anyone know what temperature these chips can safely operate at?
Activity: 252
legendary
Anyone tried the 500Mhz setting and different cooling?
Activity: 681
Merit: 500
I'm running two AntMiners (at 180GH each) on a single Corsair TX950 with no problems at all.
Activity: 16
I was running my Ant with a Corsair 750 CXM power supply and very frequently I had to power down my miner to get rid of random x on the chips, even after updating the miner config page I get random xxs.  I switched the power unit to a Cooler Master 1000W and it has been running smoothly ever since. Just wanted to share this about the Corsair psu, however, it could just be a bad unit.
Activity: 252
IMO hardware errors are probably related to quality and capacity of PSU.  I can do 375, and avg. just over 190Ghs, (confirmed by webUI and pool) with a 620w 80 plus bronze PSU. Now if kick it up to 400mhz with the same psu, I get hardware errors  galore and the hash rate goes down......
Activity: 448
But what do your hardware errors look like?  That's where I have had problems Sad
legendary
ASIC Wannabe
Honestly for me 375 has been the best.

At 400MHz, my miners show 199-204GH in the webUI, but 209-214 at the pool (ghash.io). Im quite happy with these figures, but would like to adjust down slightly to reduce power draw and heat (hence 390 would be a nice value)
Pages:
Jump to: