Pages:
Author

Topic: BITMAIN Antminer S1 support and OverClocking thread - page 40. (Read 144941 times)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0
Hi

Just wondering.... if overclocked, thinking of adding another fan, any idea if it's better to have it sucking or blowing at the other end of the frame?

Slash

I installed a second fan and having it move air in the same direction as the existing fan, i.e. blowing out. The hot air appears to be moving faster and the antminer is stable at room temp.

Thanks did you get much temperature difference ...once the 2nd fan was installed ?

Not really, as my antminer was running cool at 40-45, but the hot air is moving faster away from the antminer.  I am seeing a lot of cold air escape one side of the antminer right by the (original) incoming fan.  Maybe placing the antminer in a bfl single type of enclosure would force this air to move across the heatsink in a more efficient manner...but with the miner running so cool as-is, I am not sure there's a need for this.

As a test I tried to enclose the miner.... the temps shot straight up.....so not a good idea.. that was with 2 fans 1 at each end
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
At 375 I'm seeing about 193 Gh/s on my unit. it doesn't like 400 at all, too many hardware errors.  I am using an Antec 620W 80+ PSU.  Should I be using a higher rated PSU?
All my 400MHz / 200GH/s Antminers like a 750W PSU. None of them liked 650W or 600W PSU at 400MHz (some or all x in the status).
All work fine at 375MHz/192GH/s with 600 - 750W PSUs.

The buck regulator is a 30A part. Output voltage is 1.1V. Every 8 chip uses one buck regulator. When drawing > 30A the regulator efficiency dwindles a lot. You can Do the math Wink

my PSUs are 80Plus Gold / Platinum rated.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
At 375 I'm seeing about 193 Gh/s on my unit. it doesn't like 400 at all, too many hardware errors.  I am using an Antec 620W 80+ PSU.  Should I be using a higher rated PSU?
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe

Thanks.. exact same temps here .. it's strange that the temp is different for 1 side, even though the airflow is the same

Sushi told me that the safe temps for overclocking is about 50°C

I would beleive that. At 400MHz, one unit runs at 48/50 and the other at 51/52. The hotter one has a lower hasrate over a 4 day average. I just tuned it down to 4e81 hoping to see how it handles at a slightly lower speed/temp
Hi

Just wondering.... if overclocked, thinking of adding another fan, any idea if it's better to have it sucking or blowing at the other end of the frame?

Slash

I installed a second fan and having it move air in the same direction as the existing fan, i.e. blowing out. The hot air appears to be moving faster and the antminer is stable at room temp.

Thanks did you get much temperature difference ...once the 2nd fan was installed ?

Not really, as my antminer was running cool at 40-45, but the hot air is moving faster away from the antminer.  I am seeing a lot of cold air escape one side of the antminer right by the (original) incoming fan.  Maybe placing the antminer in a bfl single type of enclosure would force this air to move across the heatsink in a more efficient manner...but with the miner running so cool as-is, I am not sure there's a need for this.

Thanks.. exact same temps here .. it's strange that the temp is different for 1 side, even though the airflow is the same

Sushi told me that the safe temps for overclocking is about 50°C
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx
Oh, can't wait for mine Smiley
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
Hi

Slash

Not really, as my antminer was running cool at 40-45, but the hot air is moving faster away from the antminer.  I am seeing a lot of cold air escape one side of the antminer right by the (original) incoming fan.  Maybe placing the antminer in a bfl single type of enclosure would force this air to move across the heatsink in a more efficient manner...but with the miner running so cool as-is, I am not sure there's a need for this.
Hi

Slash

I've managed to place the LAN and the WAN on the same address,  and I can't access my miner.  Any advice/suggestions on how to reboot/restore the control card back to original default settings?

You will probably have to do a hard reset

Q:How to reset to the default state?
A: There is no reset button in the first batch of AntMiner. If AntMiner has to be reset, please follow these steps.
Step 1: Set your PC’s IP address as 192.168.2.x, and then connect AntMiner with your PC via a network cable.
Step2: Power on AntMiner for a while when it is inthe normal state. The WAN LED should be light.
Step3: With the miner still switched on use a piece of wire between the 2 points for more than 3 seconds. (see image below)

Note you do need to take you time as I found it difficult to access the points as the cables are in the way

http://s30.postimg.org/5pfgg9hr3/reset.png

The Antminer once reset will have a new ip address 192.168.2.99 instead of the default one on the label

Then access the miner via a browser 192.168.2.99 after a couple of minutes

Then start again with the setup

Good luck

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
I did not overlocked, using corsair cx500 so mybe wont have enough juice...
But I play a lot with cooling solution.
I placed additional silent fan on the opposite side, soaking hot air out. I powering it direct from PDU molex (no need of pwm and pluging into miner power).
Also covered the top of the miner but just half (cover the place where ethernet port and control board is located).

I found also something interesting.
I covered a gap between those 2 heatsink. Just where original fun start to blow cold air in.Noticed that trough that gap air is blowing but does not do anything useful. With blocking it, it force the air blowing trough radiator and nothing go outside.

How much 375mhz use power?
I bought PDU (cx500) before got a miner so now Iam sorry :/
Activity: 221
Merit: 100
annnd,  it's in the first post of this thread.  Sorry I'm blind, everyone.
Activity: 221
I've managed to place the LAN and the WAN on the same address,  and I can't access my miner.  Any advice/suggestions on how to reboot/restore the control card back to original default settings?
Activity: 28
Hi

Slash

I put one fan in the front sucking the warm air out just as infamousdutch did. Temps are stable and hashrate is stable and I feel a bit safer with more air flowing through the device. You can use the power connector on the second mining card.
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
Hi

Slash

Hi

Slash
Activity: 254
Where do I buy those ANTMINER ASICs?

Activity: 130
yup,
375MHz=
Code:
 4E81

Is this the same value (375MHz) for all of the revisions of AntMiner?

I'm wondering why there has been two different values quoted for 400 MHz:

option 'freq_value'      '0780'        #400M
        option 'freq_value'      '4f81'        #400M

Is it related to the firmware version you're running OR the actual physical AntMiner board revision?
Confirmed, using 375 MHz and 37 timeout is hashing at about 200 Ghash/s
        option 'freq_value'     '4e81'  #375M
        option 'chip_freq'      '375'        
        option 'timeout'        '37'

interesting that 400MHz gets the same speed then...?

also, i tried the 425MHz code and was getting around 185-190GHash and semingly more errors, so i backed off to 400
Yes,  over a few  hours the did  close  to 200 with both frequencies.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
        option 'freq_value'     '4e81'  #375M
        option 'chip_freq'      '375'         
        option 'timeout'        '37'

interesting that 400MHz gets the same speed then...?

also, i tried the 425MHz code and was getting around 185-190GHash and semingly more errors, so i backed off to 400
        option 'freq_value'     '4e81'  #375M
        option 'chip_freq'      '375'         
        option 'timeout'        '37'
Pages:
Jump to: