Pages:
Author

Topic: BITMAIN Antminer S1 support and OverClocking thread - page 43. (Read 144941 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Dear goxed
Can you explain me how to overclock antminer by using linux step by step ?
I got raspberry pi with minepeon .
kind regards

Sorry, but antminer has a built in host computer (similar to Avalons). You need to modify the files as instructed in the first post of this thread. since cgminer source is not available (pls see the previous post) this is the only way to OC at the moment.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Dear goxed
Can you explain me how to overclock antminer by using linux step by step ?
I got raspberry pi with minepeon .
kind regards
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Hey is there a new firmware with a version of cgminer which does not hog cpu?
Thanks
Still waiting for them to post their current code before I can see if I can do anything with it. Also I don't know if I'll be able to create firmware for it or just cgminer binaries.
legendary
Hey is there a new firmware with a version of cgminer which does not hog cpu?
Thanks
Activity: 741
Merit: 514
https://www.bitmain.com
Auction Promotion

After we shipping out the unofficial group buy units tomorrow, we will start a 24 hours auction immediately (The 3rd Round Auction) again in the auction board. The rules are similar: uniform price auction. The quantity is much more than two previous auction: 120 units; And we introduce two other rules which is good for winning bids.

Auction will last for 24 hours, in China's Wednesday.

The winning bids will be shipped out in two days: Thursday and Friday.  (Dec 5th~6th) The highest bids will be shipped out first, though the pay the same uniform price.

We use UPS shipping, and we accept only Bitcoin.

Coupon
All previous auction winners will have a 0.1BTC coupon per unit bought, and each unit can use only one coupon. for example, a forum member who has bought 3 units from us, and he bid 5 units in The 3rd Round Auction, he can save 0.3BTC in the final amount. If the same forum member only bids 2 units in The 3rd Round Auction, he saves only 0.2BTC.

Quantity Discount
And this time, the final amount will involve a quantity discount. The 3rd~5th units will have a 2.5% discount. The 6th~10th units will 5% discount. Units larger than 10 will have a 8% discount. Quantity Discount will be used after the Coupon, if both of them valid.

If there is any misunderstanding involved in the above two rules, we have the right to decide which explanation is valid.

legendary
Has anyone discovered how to clock these to 375 ?
nope, scratching my head. also emailed ktzhan, waiting for a reply. Any inputs would be welcome.

Code:
        #option 'freq_value'    '0780'  #400M
        #option 'freq_value'    '4e81'  #375M
        #option 'freq_value'    '4d81'  #350M
        #option 'freq_value'    '4c81'  #325M
        #option 'freq_value'    '0580'  #300M
        #option 'freq_value'    '0981'  #250M
        #option 'freq_value'    '4f02'  #190M

Simple pattern matching suggests that for 375 the last 2 hex digits probably would be 0x..81
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
Has anyone discovered how to clock these to 375 ?
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
No problems, I just hate to see misconceptions continue being bantered around. There's enough confusion already with so much going on.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
Eh? How would disabling lowmem decrease CPU usage?
It decreases the amount of time the system needs to spent to hassle with memory swapping and moving.
You've unfortunately misunderstood what this flag does on cgminer. Enabling lowmem decreases CPU and memory by only trying to submit shares once and does not cache them if there is network flakiness (which can lead to massive blowouts in memory and cpu usage).
Could be it was just a coincidence that for the short time that I looked at the top screen, the difference between running with and without --lowmem was so high, given the low effect it should have according to you.

It is also possible that there is something else at play here. The cpu is not capable enough to keep up with the amount of work it needs to do, given the high average load figures of top. (1.88 1.97 1.95 after running for 20 hours; I am assuming it's a single core cpu).

I will put back --lowmem and have another look at top in 15 minutes.

Edit: After 16 minutes, the top shows average load of 1.91 1.92 1.94, so slightly lower. And now the hasrate is up a bit (with --lowmem), so I can safely say that it was a coincidence. Me looking at the top screen while writing the review at the correct/wrong moments, take your pick.

I stand corrected and will edit my review.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
It decreases the amount of time the system needs to spent to hassle with memory swapping and moving.
You've unfortunately misunderstood what this flag does on cgminer. Enabling lowmem decreases CPU and memory by only trying to submit shares once and does not cache them if there is network flakiness (which can lead to massive blowouts in memory and cpu usage).
legendary
hmm, disabling lowmem should increase the number of shares that are cached in the RAM. It should not have a huge effect on CPU usage unless caching less shares leads to higher cpu usage which i doubt.

Code:
--lowmem            Minimise caching of shares for low memory applications
Any idea how we can change up the CGMiner parameters ? Would like to play around with removing --lowmem as I've read that can cut down on CPU useage.
How to do that is in the same message!
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3742606

Not clear how to remove the --lowmem or alter parameters Sad Could you kindly provide some details ?
ssh into the unit and modifying the file /etc/init.d/cgminer
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
I have a question about how multiple pools are handled.

Its mentioned in the manual on page 7: https://github.com/AntMiner/AntGen1/blob/master/manual/Antminer%20Manual_EN.pdf

AntMiner can set up three mine pools, the priority decreases from first pool (pool 1) to third pool (pool 3). The low priority pool will start to work, only when the high priority pool encounter fault.
legendary

Please refer to our guide.
AntMiner FAQ.pdf: https://github.com/AntMiner/AntGen1/tree/master/manual
We are so sorry that there is no easy reset method for the first batch.
We will add the reset button in the next batch.
So sorry.....
Excellent thanks! Smiley Also can you please instruct us how to decipher the clock frequency from the 4 hex values for e.g. how does 400MHz correspond to 0x0780?
 Thanks a lot.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
Any idea how we can change up the CGMiner parameters ? Would like to play around with removing --lowmem as I've read that can cut down on CPU useage.

Not clear how to remove the --lowmem or alter parameters Sad Could you kindly provide some details ?
legendary

I have one miner with lowmem  and another without, donot see any difference in hashrates though. Are others seeing significant differences? Thanks
Pages:
Jump to: