Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain AntMiner U1 Tips & Tricks - page 2. (Read 106330 times)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
May 01, 2014, 04:40:34 PM
I need help and would highly appreciate it if someone were to help me...

So first things first I have an antminer u1 or u2 not really sure which one, second of all Zadig doesn't see my antminer even though I have installed all the necessary drivers, and last but not least cgminer gives me an error when I enter 127.0.0.1:0000 as the url as I am not mining with a pool.
legendary
Activity: 1493
Merit: 1003
April 29, 2014, 06:03:40 AM
How can I overclock the u2 (supposed to be u2+'s  I got) with bfg past 2.2?  I have two plugged in my desktop doing 2.2 with - hw errors so I know I can take them higher.....

You'll need a few of the correct resistors to solder in, a fan, some heatsinks, and a powered USB hub.  Then, look at https://www.bitmaintech.com/userfiles/download/AntMiner%20U1%20user%20guide.pdf

Sorry, but that was to the the U1.
The U2 already have the resistor soldered on and the heatsink.
All you have to do is use the correct version of CGMiner and input the correct frequency parameters, as described in earlier posts on this same topic.

That's odd I have 3 Ant's with board 1.2 (I think that they are really U2 because they came with the larger heatsink and the board layout it's a bit different) and none came with the R2 resistor soldered, tomorrow or maybe the day after I'll receive 2 more and i'll check if they have the resistor soldered

Hum, you might be right...
In this photo

I can't find see the R2 resistor soldered...

But then,

The Antminer S2 does not appear to have the same resistor configuration.  Has anyone looked into what would be required to increase the voltage?

Did you meant "U2?
I read somewhere those already have the resistors soldered on.

Yes, the U2.  They do, but they seem to have OC issues at anything higher than 2.4Ghash.  Seems to be a voltage issue.

So, now I'm confused.
Can somebody clear this up, please?

I've found that in fact some Ant's come with the R2 resistor soldered

I think that those are called U2+ the others are just U2

Great...!!! Now we have to be aware of possible scams when the seller claims they are U2+ when in fact they're not...
Thanks for the info!
Activity: 7
April 29, 2014, 05:19:26 AM
How can I overclock the u2 (supposed to be u2+'s  I got) with bfg past 2.2?  I have two plugged in my desktop doing 2.2 with - hw errors so I know I can take them higher.....

You'll need a few of the correct resistors to solder in, a fan, some heatsinks, and a powered USB hub.  Then, look at https://www.bitmaintech.com/userfiles/download/AntMiner%20U1%20user%20guide.pdf

All you have to do is use the correct version of CGMiner and input the correct frequency parameters, as described in earlier posts on this same topic.

That's odd I have 3 Ant's with board 1.2 (I think that they are really U2 because they came with the larger heatsink and the board layout it's a bit different) and none came with the R2 resistor soldered, tomorrow or maybe the day after I'll receive 2 more and i'll check if they have the resistor soldered

In this photo
https://i.imgur.com/JppeTHU.jpg

But then,

The Antminer S2 does not appear to have the same resistor configuration.  Has anyone looked into what would be required to increase the voltage?

Did you meant "U2?

Yes, the U2.  They do, but they seem to have OC issues at anything higher than 2.4Ghash.  Seems to be a voltage issue.

So, now I'm confused.

I've found that in fact some Ant's come with the R2 resistor soldered

http://www.protact.net/media/image/thumbnail/IMG_8214_720x600.jpg

I think that those are called U2+ the others are just U2
legendary
April 28, 2014, 06:19:06 PM

In this photo

But then,

Did you meant "U2?

So, now I'm confused.
April 28, 2014, 05:40:30 PM

legendary
April 25, 2014, 08:42:10 AM

Activity: 520
Merit: 500
April 25, 2014, 08:12:23 AM

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
April 25, 2014, 04:12:51 AM
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
April 18, 2014, 03:51:54 PM
Does anyone want some heavily modified U1s cheap? See hyah, and make an offer:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5814070
Bnu
Activity: 212
Merit: 100
April 17, 2014, 11:25:29 AM

Then I figured out one thing, imagine that Antminer n.1 (that is the one that i can clock to 3GH/s)is detected as COM10  Antminer n.2 as COM11 and Antminer n.3 as COM12.
If i change usb ports uith Antminer n.1 and antminer n.2 now antminer n.1 is detected as COM 11 and antminer n.2 as COM10 doing this and starting the antminer n.2 is now clocked at 3GH/s (wow!!! Shocked) and n.1 was with the clock that n.2 had previously, n

It looks, like the mining software averages the numbers not of the Miners, but of the connected ports, so COM10 will decrease very slow, with a slow mining miner.

I every time make a hard reset (use Raspberry) off / on, otherwise you'll have to wait long till you see the real numbers.
Bnu
April 17, 2014, 11:20:37 AM
I have 5 of BITMAN U1's, but, even I went through quite a few tutorials, I'm still having troubles running more than 2 of them on 1 system.

yes, not enough power.

I use a 5V 10 A power supply for at least 4 Ant miners, keep in mind, that some USB hubs don't let the whole current pass through.

For 3 overclocked Ants a 5V 4A power supply should be enough, 2A is not enough IMHO.

Last but not least I see, that resetting and switchiong off/on sometimes deliveres different results in terms of correct starting the miner

To identify instantly, which miner works and which not, I found so called "charger doctors" 3 or 4 dollars each, I use one of them for every Ant miner to identify Ants, which works on half power = half current, or even not at all
April 17, 2014, 11:12:40 AM
Hi! I have a problem with two of my Antminer U2 (rev 1.2).

I'm using bitminter software to run those, another U2, a block erupter USB and mu GPU.

All the miners are resitor moded and thei ar getting ~1.1V

I can clock one of the U2 to 3GH/s with no/few errors but with the other two I'm only able to clock it to 1.65GH/s or sometimes to 1.75GH/s

Then I figured out one thing, imagine that Antminer n.1 (that is the one that i can clock to 3GH/s)is detected as COM10  Antminer n.2 as COM11 and Antminer n.3 as COM12.
If i change usb ports uith Antminer n.1 and antminer n.2 now antminer n.1 is detected as COM 11 and antminer n.2 as COM10 doing this and starting the antminer n.2 is now clocked at 3GH/s (wow!!! Shocked) and n.1 was with the clock that n.2 had previously, now I set the n.1 clock again to 3GH/s and it works (its not an USB port problem) then I sitched again n.1 with n.3 and surprise surprise it started doing 3GH/s too, the i just set the clock again on the n.1 and it started doing 3GH/s too, so now i have all three doing 3GH/s.

My question is... is that a problem with bitminter or is it a problem with the Antminers?

when i try to change the clock beyond 1.65GH/s on those antminers i get this

Code:
2014.04.17 [16:08] Antminer (COM37): Tuning timers. 
2014.04.17 [16:08]  Antminer (COM37) ERROR: Selftest error. Expected nonce 0xFFFFFE0E but got 0xF9AEBE00.
2014.04.17 [16:08]  Antminer (COM37) ERROR: Selftest error. Expected nonce 0xFFFFFE0A but got 0x8C000000.
2014.04.17 [16:08]  Antminer (COM37) ERROR: Selftest error. Timed out at 25001 ms.
2014.04.17 [16:08]  Antminer (COM37) ERROR: Selftest error. Expected nonce 0xFFFFFE0A but got 0x8E000000.
2014.04.17 [16:09]  Antminer (COM37) ERROR: Selftest error. Timed out at 25000 ms.
2014.04.17 [16:09]  Antminer (COM37) ERROR: Selftest error. Timed out at 25000 ms.
2014.04.17 [16:10]  Antminer (COM37) ERROR: Selftest error. Timed out at 25000 ms.
2014.04.17 [16:10]  Antminer (COM37) ERROR: Selftest error. Timed out at 25000 ms.
Bnu
April 17, 2014, 10:56:04 AM
Hi guys, can someone please help me.

I want to overclock my antminer U2+.

Im using a raspberry pi with minepeon and bfgminer.

but the hash rates for my 2 miners are: 1.97GH/s and 1.94GH/s.

what im doing wrong then? thx

have the same 'problem'.

Got the U1 till 3 GH/s with R1/R2 10k and 3,9k and adapted clock. Seems, the U2+ doesn't care aboit higher Voltage (e.g.1,1V) , unfortunately, I didn't measure the voltage before R change. The origin R's was 12k and 1k, if I measured correctly.

Just trying different things and compare U1 and U2+, come back later
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
April 12, 2014, 03:21:37 PM
Try them one at a time.

If they all work individually, then the problem is with your powered hub.
April 12, 2014, 02:54:46 PM
I have 5 of BITMAN U1's, but, even I went through quite a few tutorials, I'm still having troubles running more than 2 of them on 1 system.

Right now I have 3 of them in 1 USB hub (which has additional power supply), and looks like only 2 of them are working:
http://img.leprosorium.com/2171825

If I use Zadig to set WinUSB drivers for these, then no miner can see/use my USB erupters, so I have to manually update drivers for each USB device and use drivers from CP210x_VCP_Windows.

Some how, I'm having issues using cgminer, and bfgminers somewhat works. I'm very sorry if this question has been raised already - I'm not native in english and can't find it, I'm probably using wrong search terms. I would appreciate any tips on where should I look or how can I even fix it? Also, here is how my "Devices and Printers" looks like:
http://img.leprosorium.com/2171830
Activity: 294
Merit: 251
April 08, 2014, 01:16:32 PM

The default settings for bfgminer are:

#!/bin/bash sleep 10 /usr/bin/screen -dmS miner /opt/minepeon/bin/bfgminer -S all -c /opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf

i tried:

#!/bin/bash
sleep 10
/usr/bin/screen -dmS miner /opt/minepeon/bin/bfgminer -S all -c /opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf --set-device antminer:clock=x0A81

How long have you been running it?

Since today in the morning(im from spain, so 11 hours). So its not still 24 hours. But i suppose once you put the new parameters for overclocking, u restart the miner, and the new frequency should show 2.2GH/s instead of my 1.95GH/s, right? thats why i think this is not working.

Mmmm now im getting 2.13 and 2.14 GH/s looks like now works'?? xD
Activity: 520
Merit: 500
April 08, 2014, 01:14:31 PM

#!/bin/bash sleep 10 /usr/bin/screen -dmS miner /opt/minepeon/bin/bfgminer -S all -c /opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf

i tried:

#!/bin/bash
sleep 10
/usr/bin/screen -dmS miner /opt/minepeon/bin/bfgminer -S all -c /opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf --set-device antminer:clock=x0A81

How long have you been running it?
April 08, 2014, 12:57:46 PM

i tried:

#!/bin/bash
sleep 10

April 08, 2014, 04:10:15 AM
Hi. i want to know also how to overclock antminer U2+. Im using bfgminer, because its the default miner for minepeon, but i can install cgminer also.

Thanks
Activity: 210
April 08, 2014, 01:56:32 AM
I am not an electronics guru. I am a merely man with some soldering equipment and a willingness to injure myself and damage sensitive electronic equipment.

So pardon me if this is a silly question...

Am I to take it that by replacing the resistors per this chart we can increase the voltage and thus reach the hash rates beyond the published overclockable speed? (Which would presumably require increasing the ability of the U1 to dissipate heat.)
Huh

src: https://github.com/AntMiner/AntGen1/blob/master/manual/AntMiner-U1%20user%20guide.pdf

I am having a hard time believing it would be that easy but the ASICMINER upgrades were (after a huge thread of experiments by many talented individuals https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/block-erupter-usb-overclocking-hacking-241652)

Did you meant "U2?

Pages:
Jump to: