Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain E3 Ethash Miner ASIC (Shipping:16-31 July. $800 USD) - page 11. (Read 16395 times)

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
Which pool would be ideally the best for the E3?
I'm willing to bet that basically any Ethash pool should work on the E3, Z9 mini only supposedly had issues because it was submitting shares extremely quickly compared to GPUs and the pool would reject shares from the miner as a result.

I think until you get your $1876+ back, +power costs, pool fees and software fees, this asic will turn into $15 scrap metal, as many other models did. With gpus you will lost much less.
You're forgetting the many people who bought the E3 at $800- even with today's mining environment, the break even time at that price and $0.10/kWh electricity is still well under a year as of now and likely won't explode as much as previous algos without ASICs like X11- the E3 isn't a lot more powerful than a GPU rig and some fine-tuned GPU rigs can outperform the E3 in both power and hashrate performance, though I do agree difficulty will indeed rise and profitability will drop, although I don't think it'll be as much as algos like X11 or Blake2b in the past.
The asic manufactures seem to have learned from thier cryptonite mistake
now they slowly add hidden hash instead of destorying the hashrate too fast
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1130
Bitcoin FTW!
I'm willing to bet that basically any Ethash pool should work on the E3, Z9 mini only supposedly had issues because it was submitting shares extremely quickly compared to GPUs and the pool would reject shares from the miner as a result.

I think until you get your $1876+ back, +power costs, pool fees and software fees, this asic will turn into $15 scrap metal, as many other models did. With gpus you will lost much less.
You're forgetting the many people who bought the E3 at $800- even with today's mining environment, the break even time at that price and $0.10/kWh electricity is still well under a year as of now and likely won't explode as much as previous algos without ASICs like X11- the E3 isn't a lot more powerful than a GPU rig and some fine-tuned GPU rigs can outperform the E3 in both power and hashrate performance, though I do agree difficulty will indeed rise and profitability will drop, although I don't think it'll be as much as algos like X11 or Blake2b in the past.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Activity: 43
Activity: 43
Mine just says shipment information received.
Activity: 36
Mine shipped out yesterday. Anyone else received a shipped notice?

Not yet.  What is your order date?

Mine is 2018-04-06 04:15:20 Order ID: 0012018040600283 (Unshipped)

Mine shipped yesterday
Activity: 95
Merit: 4

Not yet.  What is your order date?

Mine is 2018-04-06 04:15:20 Order ID: 0012018040600283 (Unshipped)
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
Activity: 489
Merit: 253
They should begin shipping next week.  After seeing the 50% hash improvement by OCing the z9 mini, I am anxious to see the hash on the new E3 with full Over Clock.

These wont likely be as successful with overclocking compared to a z9 mini, thats if bitmain allows you to on the interface.
Activity: 47
Merit: 5
They should begin shipping next week.  After seeing the 50% hash improvement by OCing the z9 mini, I am anxious to see the hash on the new E3 with full Over Clock.

Has anybody received the E3?

They haven't shipped yet, I got in on batch 1 and bought on 4th April, and its still sitting on unshipped.

2018-04-04 00:02:48
Unshipped
Activity: 58
They should begin shipping next week.  After seeing the 50% hash improvement by OCing the z9 mini, I am anxious to see the hash on the new E3 with full Over Clock.

Has anybody received the E3?
Activity: 95
Merit: 4
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
Looks like old pandaminer a bit imo they at least put 5-6 gpus on single mobo and pack it,looks like bitmain went step further with it.Lets just hope that they deliver better product then pandaminer did Cool
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1130
Bitcoin FTW!
76db noise seem to be very high.
Comparable GPU rigs have less than 60db and it is hot here
The E3 is made to be an industrial miner like nearly every miner Bitmain makes (placed in a datacenter ideally), where noise isn't a concern. If noise is important to you, consider GPU mining. GPU rigs make less noise because the E3's compact and it needs fans that produce high pressure and airflow to cool all the components inside. Bitmain uses their good 'ol loud fans to do that.

Additionally, it seems Bitmain also lists the S9i and A3 as being 76dB now (I assume the rest of their miners all do now besides the Antrouter and Z9); I recall it wasn't at that specific number previously. Still as loud as a vacuum cleaner or more, though.
Activity: 279
Merit: 1
76db noise seem to be very high.
Comparable GPU rigs have less than 60db and it is hot here
Activity: 47
Merit: 5
So bitmain has posted some more specs as I noticed on their site.

https://shop.bitmain.com/product/detail?pid=00020180522174346413QnsK8vmu0702

Activity: 140
At least Bitmain did their part and basically emailed everybody who had their email leaked last year to warn them about these scam emails.

I got mine a few days ago and if you don't frequent the forums you could of easily fell for those types of scams since they appear legitmate.

Its not only the email, they have full names, addresses, phone number, VAT and all other information that bitmain have received. Probably got passwords also, and this leak did not happen last year.

Maybe an attack to Bitmain.
Activity: 140
Has anyone actually confirmed that these are asics and not just a custom PCB with RX570 dies on them?

It seems this can be true. Dagger-Hashimoto algorithm is very adaptive and creating an ASIC for it is like creating a mega GPU.
Activity: 311
Merit: 69
PowerMining.pw
At least Bitmain did their part and basically emailed everybody who had their email leaked last year to warn them about these scam emails.

I got mine a few days ago and if you don't frequent the forums you could of easily fell for those types of scams since they appear legitmate.

Its not only the email, they have full names, addresses, phone number, VAT and all other information that bitmain have received. Probably got passwords also, and this leak did not happen last year.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Be careful guys

I receive a mail with a limited offer of new scam model E9+ (2970 mh +5%) Presale with 200 usd coupon, algo Ethash

with an address to deposit, only for registered users.

Be careful dont fall into this Scam mail with a pdf with false info.

It seems legit because they have all my info, full name, address, etc,. but is fake.

Spread the word with your friends.

Pages:
Jump to: