Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain E3 Ethash Miner ASIC (Shipping:16-31 July. $800 USD) - page 13. (Read 16395 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 110
guys its not a conspiracy, they change the price according to the value of the coin.

if the crypto the coin mined decreased in value or there was a drastic mining difficulty jumps, the cost of the unit is ajusted to compensate.
It’s not adjusted to “compensate”, it’s adjusted because otherwise they won’t sell any units. It’s based on time it takes to mine back your initial outlay for the cost of the miner. Plain and simple. Bottom line is, Bitmain makes the best profit in mining the units when there is fat meat on the bone. When they have sucked all that gravy from the networks, they turn and sell them to us so we can happily pick up their crumbs and leftovers. For some of thats OK. You just have to be careful of what you buy and how much you pay. I haven’t bought a Bitmain miner since December because you could see this shitstorm brewing. Well...if you were paying attention you could.
Activity: 434
Merit: 52
guys its not a conspiracy, they change the price according to the value of the coin.

if the crypto the coin mined decreased in value or there was a drastic mining difficulty jumps, the cost of the unit is ajusted to compensate.

This.

Except for the initial $800 offering, that was based on the assumption ETH would fork. When they announced they wouldn't, the price basically tripled (2.5ish, really, but still).
Activity: 430
Merit: 253
VeganAcademy

Activity: 489
Merit: 253
Ok, so who else is a little pissed off at Bitevil for offering now Batch 3... all 3 batches with the exact same ship date as Batch 1?  What kind of nonsense is this out of Bitmain?  

They even going to try and pretend they are looking out for customers?  You know, like offer a batch, there is a delay in time, before the next batch is supposed to be shipped... and so forth...  What a CROCK!  

Any anyone who is buying these just keep that in mind, they are dog piling more and more miners out the door after yours is paid at a higher price with the exact same ship dates... You paid a premium for your batch and each subsequent batches the price decreases.... but we are all are going to get them the same time you will get yours.... Let that soak in for a few...    You might as well wait for Batch 77, the price will be $200 and it will still ship the same date...

Except this is NOT what happened with the E3

First batch was - $800

Second bath was $2150 or was it $2050 from memory
Batch 3 - $1876

Yes same shipping date so thats a bit shit.

Its all the same batch prob, it never sold out, they just change the price, each "batch" is just a small part of the physical batch they intended to sell. They have to change the price cause eth price changes and fork never happened, also noone seems to want them.
Activity: 47
Merit: 5
Ok, so who else is a little pissed off at Bitevil for offering now Batch 3... all 3 batches with the exact same ship date as Batch 1?  What kind of nonsense is this out of Bitmain?  

They even going to try and pretend they are looking out for customers?  You know, like offer a batch, there is a delay in time, before the next batch is supposed to be shipped... and so forth...  What a CROCK!  

Any anyone who is buying these just keep that in mind, they are dog piling more and more miners out the door after yours is paid at a higher price with the exact same ship dates... You paid a premium for your batch and each subsequent batches the price decreases.... but we are all are going to get them the same time you will get yours.... Let that soak in for a few...    You might as well wait for Batch 77, the price will be $200 and it will still ship the same date...

Except this is NOT what happened with the E3

First batch was - $800

Second bath was $2150 or was it $2050 from memory
Batch 3 - $1876

Yes same shipping date so thats a bit shit.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
Looks like every time there is a price change it's a new batch number.
Activity: 868
Merit: 517
Ok, so who else is a little pissed off at Bitevil for offering now Batch 3... all 3 batches with the exact same ship date as Batch 1?  What kind of nonsense is this out of Bitmain? 

They even going to try and pretend they are looking out for customers?  You know, like offer a batch, there is a delay in time, before the next batch is supposed to be shipped... and so forth...  What a CROCK! 

Any anyone who is buying these just keep that in mind, they are dog piling more and more miners out the door after yours is paid at a higher price with the exact same ship dates... You paid a premium for your batch and each subsequent batches the price decreases.... but we are all are going to get them the same time you will get yours.... Let that soak in for a few...    You might as well wait for Batch 77, the price will be $200 and it will still ship the same date...
Activity: 68
Merit: 0

Delivery time is 50% of the warranty period.

Current payback period is 50% longer than the warranty.

You risk your money on the performance, the future returns and the likelihood it will live long enough to break even.

Will the warranty start from the delivery date?
Activity: 644
Merit: 24
Both the E3 and Z9 are big gambles.  There may not be enough time with either miner to even get the ROI.  Right now coins on equihash are talking fork.  So it makes the miner questionable at the moment.  If they don't fork GPU miners will start to leave in droves looking for a place to park their hash and the likely place is ethhash coins.  So up goes diff and down goes your chance of getting an ROI on the E3.

So I would only risk funds you are willing to write off at this point as a loss because the risk is pretty high.  Everything is in the air as the devs decide if they are going to fork or not. 
There's not going to be any forks. All you folks spreading that need to read this article;

https://blog.sia.tech/the-state-of-cryptocurrency-mining-538004a37f9b

If you don't read this in it's entirety, you'll never understand the ineffectiveness of forking Coins, to combat ASIC. It DOESN'T WORK. I'm sorry to break it to you, but GPU mining  is dying and will be dead. I'm not happy about that, but it is the reality.

Not saying anything about the E3 or Z9, but it worked pretty well for Monero.
For now. That's the point of the article. You really should read it. It's the most accurate and honest article ever written about mining to date. The Author is a Sia Dev. Hardware is infinitely more flexible than Software in these coins. The Hardware manufacturers can adjust their specs to circumvent these forks fairly quickly. They can't just "keep forking". The "Monero Story" isn't over yet.

Agree with that. 
Both the E3 and Z9 are big gambles.  There may not be enough time with either miner to even get the ROI.  Right now coins on equihash are talking fork.  So it makes the miner questionable at the moment.  If they don't fork GPU miners will start to leave in droves looking for a place to park their hash and the likely place is ethhash coins.  So up goes diff and down goes your chance of getting an ROI on the E3.

So I would only risk funds you are willing to write off at this point as a loss because the risk is pretty high.  Everything is in the air as the devs decide if they are going to fork or not. 
There's not going to be any forks. All you folks spreading that need to read this article;

If you don't read this in it's entirety, you'll never understand the ineffectiveness of forking Coins, to combat ASIC. It DOESN'T WORK. I'm sorry to break it to you, but GPU mining  is dying and will be dead. I'm not happy about that, but it is the reality.

For now. That's the point of the article. You really should read it. It's the most accurate and honest article ever written about mining to date. The Author is a Sia Dev. Hardware is infinitely more flexible than Software in these coins. The Hardware manufacturers can adjust their specs to circumvent these forks fairly quickly. They can't just "keep forking". The "Monero Story" isn't over yet.

Activity: 65
Merit: 0
Would it be better to buy the ethash or the equihash asic miner? Are ethereum talking about switching their algorithm to something else due to the asic miners? I was not able to find any such information.
Activity: 47
Merit: 5
1. Hashing algorithm: Ethash

Power consumption: 800W

Hashrate: 180MH/s

These are the conservative estimates. We expect the miners to deliver higher performance and efficiency when they are ready to ship.

1. Specifications and other information of the Antminer Z9 mini are as mentioned below.

Hashing algorithm: Equihash

Power consumption: 300W

Hashrate: 10k Sol/s ± 5%

These are the conservative estimates. We expect the miners to deliver higher performance and efficiency when they are ready to ship.

The z9 is the MINI version of this miner.. where as the E3 looks like its definitely 2 antminers in one...

My concern is why the hell does this MINI far out preform the e3 ?  Surely this e3 should be at least double the hashrate when released and less power usage ? 
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
What is the latest news on ETH going POS?  This first batch was very affordable, but it is a race against time.

POS is far away.

They basically posted the first batch of the Casper code and will be doing testing first. After the testing it will go live in the testnet network of ETH. I imagine that there will be tons of bugs that will need to be fixed first which will probably at least take a year.

Then it will go hybrid POS and then maybe a year later go full POS.

I would worry more about the ETH price and difficulty before POS launch date.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
What is the latest news on ETH going POS?  This first batch was very affordable, but it is a race against time.
diff up 5% this month and u still have all of may june and july to wait, by the time
these arrive i think eth might be the least profitable thing to mine especially if zcash doesn’t fork ,
even if it does fork thats still better to have gpus so u can switch algos

You risk your money on the performance, the future returns and the likelihood it will live long enough to break even.

At the original asking price it was worth it, but honestly at the current price a GPU rig makes more sense to me (and is more energy efficient)...
Activity: 89
Merit: 10

Pages:
Jump to: