Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmaintech.com - page 5. (Read 13241 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Bitcoin Evengelist
March 12, 2014, 03:31:21 PM
Sorry for my lack of knowledge with Bitmain, but about how long does it take from the time to order to receive it at your door? And are there faster shipping options?

Thanks

I ordered on Monday and they are already enroute via UPS to NY
Activity: 350
Bitcoin Evengelist
March 12, 2014, 03:29:00 PM
Bitmain is pretty great.  Their produces are delivered on time or faster (± normal noise that happens with international shipping), and their products are exactly as specified. Their products are industrial workhorses. They do not come in a sleek plastic case with useless decorative lights, instead— they actually work.

I don't get the impression that they have a bunch of fluent English speakers around, so communication is sometimes a bit spotty. Some people who've had packages get stuck in customs or received the odd defective part have reported it taking a while to get it resolved.

Like all current mining hardware companies their prices are so/so in that you're making a gamble on future difficulty, though they've been diligently lowering the prices as the expected future income goes away.  But the fact that they deliver on-time and to-spec— what really should be table stakes— makes them stand out in the business of Bitcoin mining.

Bitmain sent me a 90GH/s prototype unit before they started shipping, with the current firmware antiminers are awesome on P2Pool. Subsequently, I purchased a couple more on my own as a regular customer. 

I've recommended the antminer S1 to friends, and if you're thinking about getting into mining for fun and to support the network, I'd still recommend them. (Actually looking to turn a profit at it— well, thats a more complex question)

I second this.
Activity: 136
Merit: 35
March 12, 2014, 03:25:07 PM
Has anyone had issues getting S1 through customs and having to pay import tax or duty?

Yep, I had to pay 273 € of import duties and VAT to belgian customs for 2 units, shipped direct from China.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001
To weird to live To rare to die
March 12, 2014, 08:39:32 AM
Geez don't be such a bummer dude. If I couldn't afford one I wouldn't buy it  Wink besides I see it as a hobby so instead of a thousand dollar remote control boat this is what I choose. Cash rules credit ruins.....
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
March 12, 2014, 08:08:45 AM
Ok mabye not so scary  Smiley  I guess the scariest part is telling my wife I'm buying one........

Remember, don't invest what you can't afford to lose because *anything* could go wrong, you may indeed reach ROI but you may not depending on when you actually buy, the pool you use etc etc....no guarantees at all and if BTC goes down to half the price it is this morning well you can already imagine what that means.

Personally I don't trust the mining profit calculators and don't find them accurate compared to my actual real world results but again do NOT spend what you can't afford to lose as things are getting late in the game and soon 200 GH/s will be worthless. I have four of the Antminer S1 and can't see them being very profitable after another 60-90 days and their will come a point where power costs more and it will be better for me to sell them all and hope someone with a larger farm that doesn't pay power will want them. I may be wrong and perhaps they will last a bit longer but nobody really can be 100% accurate and if we get flooded with 2 TH/s miners soon that will affect things.

Don't forget the cost of power! I have a power monitoring system and can tell down to the cent what each watt cost and overclocked my Antminer S1's for two of them in my home are using 864 watts and I pay 6.99 kWh this month so I am paying about $1.40 for two units per day and $2.80 for all four of mine per day to run 24/7.

Simple math says all 4 of my units will cost me $84 in power this month but what if next month my power goes to 12.35 kWh which alot of times does happen, well then I pay double the cost for power. I am currently making about $60-80 per day on average from what I can tell however difficulty is increasing and this will get less and less so I don't need to say it again because I already warned you twice about your investment. :-)

I cannot post a image and get an error "invalid proxy" when using imgur otherwise I would show a capture of my power usage for two Antminer S1, I'm sure others get the same numbers as I do in regards to power usage etc.

Good luck!

Activity: 406
March 12, 2014, 05:50:05 AM
Has anyone had issues getting S1 through customs and having to pay import tax or duty?
Activity: 21
March 12, 2014, 01:24:38 AM
So it can't mine scrypt. Well that sucks ass. Oh well.
Still better then my current setup.
legendary
March 11, 2014, 11:29:03 PM
Any sha 256 coin
Activity: 21
March 11, 2014, 09:20:37 PM
Is it possible to mine alt coins with the new U2?
legendary
March 11, 2014, 07:43:45 PM
Ok mabye not so scary  Smiley  I guess the scariest part is telling my wife I'm buying one........

450 watts is cutting it close if you're going to overclock... which you will want to since it's so easy.  Why not buy a 1000+ watt PSU?  You're going to want a second S1 anyways.  Wink
But seriously, don't skimp on the PSU and buy cheap.  You'll likely regret it.

I'm not sure about overclocking  my u1's get lots of hardware errors and rejects but will get 500w  or more PSU  maybe will get the 1000w ?
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
March 11, 2014, 05:20:54 PM

450 watts is cutting it close if you're going to overclock... which you will want to since it's so easy.  Why not buy a 1000+ watt PSU?  You're going to want a second S1 anyways.  Wink
But seriously, don't skimp on the PSU and buy cheap.  You'll likely regret it.
legendary
March 11, 2014, 04:55:59 PM
Activity: 7
March 11, 2014, 02:50:11 PM
I'm terrified to buy the s1, I was reading the set up and trouble shoot and now I'm worried I won't be able to set it up....

Very easy setup, I have purchased 4 units recently and just plug them into your network and most by default are set to 192.168.1.99 that I got and if not use a network scanning tool to find them and mine show up as Paragon Technolgies Inc. or Shenzen SHX Technologies Inc. as the vendor so they will be easy to find on your network if they are not that IP I mention.

For Windows you can user Angry IP Scanner or for OSX use Lan Scan Pro and you will be able to find them rather easily.

After you find them login with username/password which mine were all root for user and root for pass and then go into miner configuration and set your pools and worker names and your good to go, to overclock user Google and you will find the info.

Good luck!
Activity: 31
March 11, 2014, 07:49:58 AM
The setup of the S1 is really easy, I had about 15min. I used https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/guide-dogies-comprehensive-bitmain-antminer-s1-setup-hd-355387.
The shipment from Bitmain took 4 days to Europe.
Activity: 700
Merit: 504
Run a Bitcoin node.
March 11, 2014, 05:14:21 AM
I'm terrified to buy the s1, I was reading the set up and trouble shoot and now I'm worried I won't be able to set it up....
It's really easy now.  Early models required some custom wiring for the power, but no longer - the power connectors are just standard PCI-e connectors.  Your Power Supply (which you need to buy separately) will come with plenty of PCI-e power cables, the S1 needs two of them.

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
March 11, 2014, 02:27:51 AM
Sorry for my lack of knowledge with Bitmain, but about how long does it take from the time to order to receive it at your door? And are there faster shipping options?

Thanks
Shipping depends, to the USA it takes about 2 business days in transit + the time from when you place the order to it leaving the factory (could be same day to 1 or 2) and also depends on where you are located. I'd say about 3 days but it would be different if your located elsewhere.

Its one set shipping method, using a different carrier might speed up shipping if you are near one of the hubs.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
March 11, 2014, 01:11:41 AM
Just ordered 6 Antminers from Bitmain and 3 850watt power supply from Tigerdirect.  Do the Antminers need the wifi antenna for the wireless function or does it work fine without it?
Activity: 991
March 11, 2014, 01:03:44 AM

Thanks
Activity: 574
March 10, 2014, 11:18:15 PM
Its not that bad to setup, if your really worried about it and order  your unit from minersource you can purchase a config to go with it and just plug it in when you get it and it will start hashing.
legendary
March 10, 2014, 11:15:56 PM
Pages:
Jump to: