Author

Topic: Bitmark - page 117. (Read 622213 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Bitmark Developer
August 14, 2014, 07:11:11 PM
Medic, your are too kind, thank you for offering this security, and for your confidence.
Activity: 247
Merit: 100
August 14, 2014, 06:18:05 PM

I hereby request personal developer loans.

I trust that the Bitmark Community will see the magnitude of our Project and assist Project Bitmark in meeting its goals.

I will commit to pay any liability in this loan. If for any reason Mark is unable to complete repayment, I will cover any remaining balance

*(I do not foresee this to be an issue, as Mark is an honest and responsible individual)

I will make all necessary arraignments to have funds secured, 60 days from the date of the loans origination.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1002
amarha
August 14, 2014, 03:27:05 PM

I specify 60 days rather than 45, to allow time at the end to earn money by traditional freelancing should the value not double, as a contingency to make up any shortfall.

Just want to point out that if for whatever reason the BTM price alone does not cover the loan(I think it will, but regardless) Mark will easily be able to repay it through his regular job as a professional freelance programmer.

The risks are minimal considering the project rests on funding and the 10% interest is very generous in my opinion.

I would do it myself but I've also taken loans for Bitmark related expenses in the short term and will probably do so again since I believe the project is easily worth it and a good investment.

Bitmark Developer
August 14, 2014, 03:07:43 PM
Even though I can see coinsolidation's dedication for the project, at the moment he is the key factor in this. BTM lives and dies with him. So it's still a huge risk.

I hope you don't get me wrong! I am holder of a few BTM and a supporter of this project and will buy more when time is right.

Yes. Any support for Mark's development benefits us 100 fold in the long run. Right now we're on the cusp of some big innovations in adoption by regular people but since Bitmark is 100% community funded it puts a lot of pressure on Mark working 16-18 hours a day on a non paying job. Especially when he has a family to take care of.

So especially if you're new to the project and weren't aware of our funding model it's no premine, no IPO ect. Our goal is to support full time development through donations. Anyone buying or mining BTM for future value can understand how much we all gain by having an top notch developer working around the clock of us.

Update
Due to the increase in price-tag, developer loans are now closed, I will not be accepting any more. Due to the increase in price-tag all loans received are very secure.

Donations are still welcome to 1KsbYk2rMvwg456PyPmLuEgERPwyuxtGRL

archived ->

This needs resolved. Donations do not work. Here is an alternative call for funding.

I hereby request personal developer loans.

The terms offered are 60 days maximum until repayment, 10% interest if repayment is in BTC, 15% if repayment is taken in BTM.

Half will be used to purchase BTM, half will be used fund my time - food and such basics for home. I am confident that within 45 days the price tag of BTM will be double, through hard work full time from myself and others.

I specify 60 days rather than 45, to allow time at the end to earn money by traditional freelancing should the value not double, as a contingency to make up any shortfall.

I am looking to secure between 4 and 8 BTC total. 8 BTC is a top limit. Anybody who will take up my offer can do so for any amount, for the sake of management I would request a minimum of 0.1 BTC.

Every rationale and fair alternative to developer funding has been explored, and this is far less risk than a 6 figure IPO, we are already past one month in. Bitmark is gaining traction and as noted I am the key factor in the short term.

All I am really asking is to be enabled to work hard for you, I hope by transparency and hard work I have already proved that my intentions are good.

I hope this can be addressed, so that work can progress.

All loans will be collected publicly. Each lender will confirm publicly their loan unless they wish to remain anonymous, in which case I will post the transaction for them. This post will be updated to catalogue and reflect all loans.

Additionally

I trust that the Bitmark Community will see the magnitude of our Project and assist Project Bitmark in meeting its goals.

I will commit to pay any liability in this loan. If for any reason Mark is unable to complete repayment, I will cover any remaining balance

*(I do not foresee this to be an issue, as Mark is an honest and responsible individual)

I will make all necessary arraignments to have funds secured, 60 days from the date of the loans origination.

Code:
RECEIVED:
2 BTC     2014-08-15 d94f606f84333439ba90ca7dd209cb0c228f0ee836f236ae37b5b1ac63789155 Anonymous
0.5 BTC  2014-08-15 106f5f723e252ed04fd9c1d1c8aafc29c7c35b22d7a4d5c6f62f26ffedd6d15f Anonymous
0.4 BTC - Dannygroove, Transfer from pending IPM Pool funds.
0.5 BTC  2014-08-19 72a602daf3ae98ffa1956d1b77df4b9461e172cef2e0185b153880cff04294c4 Mister D
0.3 BTC  2014-08-21 bab652a98801623595759eeb8447563eba06f9a92a68e983faeaa1baa8fa7037 lyxx (sent to donation address by mistake)
legendary
amarha
August 14, 2014, 12:40:25 PM
I remind everyone that Project Bitmark has no Pre-mine and no-IPO. With the implementation of 'Marking', Bitmark offers a tangible vision for the future which far exceeds the ambitions of other currencies.

Mark (coinsolidation) has made every sacrifice imaginable to bring us "The Bitmark Community" to the point we are now. Mark recently sold his car to cover the next 2 months rent, so that this project does not leave his family without a roof over their heads.

Mark is committed to Project Bitmark and I hope many of you make a commitment to aid in the Funding efforts that are required for this project.

Please do what you can (18rai2ichzUfXG6PVmUQLNPqBjtctnVRAD)

Yes. Any support for Mark's development benefits us 100 fold in the long run. Right now we're on the cusp of some big innovations in adoption by regular people but since Bitmark is 100% community funded it puts a lot of pressure on Mark working 16-18 hours a day on a non paying job. Especially when he has a family to take care of.

So especially if you're new to the project and weren't aware of our funding model it's no premine, no IPO ect. Our goal is to support full time development through donations. Anyone buying or mining BTM for future value can understand how much we all gain by having an top notch developer working around the clock of us.
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
August 14, 2014, 12:07:41 PM
It's a lot of text. Bitmark sounds like an impressive project, but the price doesn't follow.

Well yes, the idea behind is pretty good in my eyes. But at the moment - as you said - it's a lot of text. Price won't follow text, as most "investors" here don't read what they are investing into. They are blended by catchy buzz words and by quick bucks.
Most of the ideas proposed aren't implemented yet. And marking is not possible yet. So if price was much higher, it was certainly a hype. At the moment BTM it is not hyped in my eyes. Yet it is not deadly cheap either.
Even though I can see coinsolidation's dedication for the project, at the moment he is the key factor in this. BTM lives and dies with him. So it's still a huge risk.

I hope you don't get me wrong! I am holder of a few BTM and a supporter of this project and will buy more when time is right.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
August 14, 2014, 06:53:21 AM
It's a lot of text. Bitmark sounds like an impressive project, but the price doesn't follow.
legendary
amarha
August 14, 2014, 06:21:58 AM
On a more positive note. Bitmark Difficulty 102.8220513 - That is a nice milestone, Thank you.

with network speed over 3.6 ghs ... have been looking at the pools that i know of and wondering where the hashing speed is hiding, a lot of solo miners; maybe?

found it: fastest pool here http://bitmark.dgbpool.com/index.php?page=statistics&action=pool

Yes, it seems some people from China have taken an interest in mining Bitmark. Smiley

At some point having some of our documentation translated would be good.
Activity: 159
August 14, 2014, 01:33:59 AM
On a more positive note. Bitmark Difficulty 102.8220513 - That is a nice milestone, Thank you.

with network speed over 3.6 ghs ... have been looking at the pools that i know of and wondering where the hashing speed is hiding, a lot of solo miners; maybe?

found it: fastest pool here http://bitmark.dgbpool.com/index.php?page=statistics&action=pool
Bitmark Developer
August 13, 2014, 10:10:33 PM
Thank you for that reminder Medic, I can confirm that I am entirely unfunded in every way and entirely reliant on donations.

Activity: 247
August 13, 2014, 07:14:17 PM
I remind everyone that Project Bitmark has no Pre-mine and no-IPO. With the implementation of 'Marking', Bitmark offers a tangible vision for the future which far exceeds the ambitions of other currencies.

Mark (coinsolidation) has made every sacrifice imaginable to bring us "The Bitmark Community" to the point we are now. Mark recently sold his car to cover the next 2 months rent, so that this project does not leave his family without a roof over their heads.

Mark is committed to Project Bitmark and I hope many of you make a commitment to aid in the Funding efforts that are required for this project.

Please do what you can (18rai2ichzUfXG6PVmUQLNPqBjtctnVRAD)
Bitmark Developer
August 13, 2014, 02:49:21 PM
@coinsolidation

this is chinese version.

https://github.com/AKIo0O/insight

use the http header to switch the website language

or create chinese web server

Code:
Accept-Language .indexOf('CN') > -1

Thank You! I will do that later today.
Activity: 421
August 13, 2014, 02:47:13 PM
@coinsolidation

this is chinese version.

https://github.com/AKIo0O/insight

use the http header to switch the website language

or create chinese web server

Code:
Accept-Language .indexOf('CN') > -1
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
August 13, 2014, 02:25:04 PM
I really like the opening post. The links in that post provide all the necessary information.
All you have to do is read. And be willing to read.
No big buzz words. No hype. That's quite a good "spam filter".  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1310
Merit: 1000
August 13, 2014, 01:54:12 PM
Bitmark Developer
August 13, 2014, 01:53:19 PM
I'm totally lost. Where can I find a wallet? Number of coins, algorithm, block time, etc.?

Everything you need, with lots of detail, can currently be found by following links from the OP. The first two Quicklinks answer every question you currently asked.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
August 13, 2014, 01:48:17 PM
I've been scrolling through this ANN for the last hour or so and I have to say it's refreshing to read about a coin that finally 'gets it' (I have a similar phylosophy when it comes to cryptocurrencies and 'their goals')..
Very well documentated, and the fact that you managed to call out pivotpoint in what it takes to develop an 'actual currency' tells me you guys knows what you are doing. Kudo's..

If you just found out about this one, like me, start by reading this; http://bitmarknews.com/2014/08/12/why-bitmark-will-be-important/

Good luck.

I'm totally lost. Where can I find a wallet? Number of coins, algorithm, block time, etc.?
Activity: 143
Pools: XMR.HashInvest.net
August 13, 2014, 10:42:07 AM
Dear pool ops, if you can't find your pool listed in !pools output of our IRC bot on #bitmark, please submit a pull request to this repo: https://github.com/sammy007/bitmarcy
Activity: 228
August 13, 2014, 09:44:31 AM
I've been scrolling through this ANN for the last hour or so and I have to say it's refreshing to read about a coin that finally 'gets it' (I have a similar phylosophy when it comes to cryptocurrencies and 'their goals')..
Very well documentated, and the fact that you managed to call out pivotpoint in what it takes to develop an 'actual currency' tells me you guys knows what you are doing. Kudo's..

If you just found out about this one, like me, start by reading this; http://bitmarknews.com/2014/08/12/why-bitmark-will-be-important/

Good luck.

Activity: 339
August 13, 2014, 09:31:58 AM

Thank you.

I have updated the list of pools on the OP, and also on the soon to be released website Smiley

Did anyone else catch that, "Soon to be released website"  Grin

Sure did!

Shame I'm on 2 weeks holiday! Less time than when I'm working - how does that work?!
Jump to: