Author

Topic: Bitmark - page 113. (Read 622213 times)

Activity: 339
Merit: 250
August 20, 2014, 11:38:58 AM
We are getting to the 50/50 point regarding the ANN. We should meet half way and partially update it to include pertinent information. Cryptozim has offered to help in the process.

IMPORTANT

Should we implement peercoin's check pointing in this release?

I know it has been seen as contentious, however all checkpoints come from the repository owner (me) any way, this allows me to update checkpoints without rebuilding the client.

More importantly it means all nodes on the network have recent checkpoints without downloading or rebuilding a release, including exchanges and mining pools.

Please advise and discuss.

I personally have no trepidation over the implementation of check pointing. Mark you have earned my trust and I have full confidence in your abilities as a developer. I understand your unwavering commitment to quality and thus I am in support of this option.

Echo this ^^^
Activity: 247
Merit: 100
August 20, 2014, 10:58:24 AM
We are getting to the 50/50 point regarding the ANN. We should meet half way and partially update it to include pertinent information. Cryptozim has offered to help in the process.

IMPORTANT

I know it has been seen as contentious, however all checkpoints come from the repository owner (me) any way, this allows me to update checkpoints without rebuilding the client.

More importantly it means all nodes on the network have recent checkpoints without downloading or rebuilding a release, including exchanges and mining pools.

I personally have no trepidation over the implementation of check pointing. Mark you have earned my trust and I have full confidence in your abilities as a developer. I understand your unwavering commitment to quality and thus I am in support of this option.
Activity: 380
Merit: 275
August 20, 2014, 10:51:45 AM

I should have a version ready for Mark to check by tonight or tomorrow.

That's great news. I think BTM will begin to get much deserved attention.
August 20, 2014, 10:50:06 AM

Sorry about that, had to get it out of my system. 
Activity: 183
August 20, 2014, 10:40:11 AM

I should have a version ready for Mark to check by tonight or tomorrow.
Activity: 294
Bitmark Developer
August 20, 2014, 10:29:20 AM

IMPORTANT

August 20, 2014, 09:57:56 AM
First post in this thread, want to say how impressed I am with this coin and the amount of information in the OP. I know you are looking to expand the community and miners, so a small suggestion as this has done wonders for many a coin, "Stylize the OP" so individuals do not just skip over this thread.

Thank you for you input. The OP does contain all pertinent information. Mark intentionally crafted the OP in this manner.

The OP is crafted in such a way to encourage participation from those who take the time to consider the project's merits and who may potentially want to be involved in some way to shaping it's future - it isn't an 'ANN' in the traditional sense, as Bitmark isn't really an 'alt coin', it's a fully fledged alternative currency and more pertinently a project focussed on massive adoption.

So far this OP format has enabled us to have over 55 pages of useful on-topic engaging discussion and to achieve what we have so far.

That said, everything you need can be found by following links from the first couple of lines Smiley

Personally I find that it facilitates thoughtful discussion between more intellectually minded individuals, which are willing to read and understand what Project Bitmark is all about. Additionally, IMO I find that is helps filter out noise.
Activity: 182
August 20, 2014, 09:29:22 AM
First post in this thread, want to say how impressed I am with this coin and the amount of information in the OP. I know you are looking to expand the community and miners, so a small suggestion as this has done wonders for many a coin, "Stylize the OP" so individuals do not just skip over this thread.

Agree with that - I found it very confusing to find some of the basic info about the coin.
August 20, 2014, 09:27:17 AM
Activity: 159
August 19, 2014, 10:28:02 PM
BitMark added to CoinMarketCap : http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitmark

Good to see. It always amazes me how some of these currencies maintain such reletively high market caps despite being essentially 'dead'.

yup, that puzzles me a bit too, there is another site for this, which cuts out a lot of the dead and dying, http://bravenewcoin.com/ .. have emailed the operators asking them to add Bitmark, once we show liquidity then it should turn up in there.

BNC has also added Viacoin, which was launched at a similar time to BTM ... so probably not far away from listing.
Bitmark Developer
August 19, 2014, 07:02:15 PM
Alright thanks for your answers, already looking through everything.

Please ask any questions you have, the more questions are asked the better we can collectively refine our documentation and ideas Smiley

Thank you.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 500
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
August 19, 2014, 06:53:53 PM
Alright thanks for your answers, already looking through everything.
August 19, 2014, 05:49:09 PM
Could you maybe post all of the important informations about BTM on the first page?
Kinda hard to get information about Bitmark.

All pertinent information can be found on Page 1 under "Quick Links".
Depending on the information that you seek, the links found there may be helpful.

If you wish to acquaint yourself further with our project, it is imperative to read the following:  

https://github.com/project-bitmark/bitmark/wiki

https://github.com/project-bitmark/marking/wiki
Bitmark Developer
August 19, 2014, 05:46:50 PM
Could you maybe post all of the important informations about BTM on the first page?

The OP is crafted in such a way to encourage participation from those who take the time to consider the project's merits and who may potentially want to be involved in some way to shaping it's future - it isn't an 'ANN' in the traditional sense, as Bitmark isn't really an 'alt coin', it's a fully fledged alternative currency and more pertinently a project focussed on massive adoption.

So far this OP format has enabled us to have over 55 pages of useful on-topic engaging discussion and to achieve what we have so far.

That said, everything you need can be found by following links from the first couple of lines Smiley

Many regards, and I hope you find the information you are looking for quickly.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 500
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
August 19, 2014, 05:13:51 PM
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1002
amarha
August 19, 2014, 02:07:26 PM

Good to see. It always amazes me how some of these currencies maintain such reletively high market caps despite being essentially 'dead'.
Bitmark Developer
August 19, 2014, 01:13:11 PM
0.0433 sent to donation addy 18rai2ichzUfXG6PVmUQLNPqBjtctnVRAD

3ee92f2ee2d93e7c89b08035601c8e8a7bbe1b1650485c05e92e26aacfa4a5df

Very kind, thank you, also a nice approach using the proceeds of signature campaigns to donate to projects.

I'd also like to thank you for the feedback you've given to multiple questions so far, it has been most useful.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
August 19, 2014, 11:18:03 AM
0.0433 sent to donation addy 18rai2ichzUfXG6PVmUQLNPqBjtctnVRAD

3ee92f2ee2d93e7c89b08035601c8e8a7bbe1b1650485c05e92e26aacfa4a5df

legendary
Activity: 2424
Merit: 1148
August 19, 2014, 10:31:00 AM

That´s great!

But i thought a coin must be listed on 3 exchanges?

I thought that but seen it had been added, they must have seen something in BitMark.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1041
Bitcoin is a bit**
August 19, 2014, 09:25:40 AM

That´s great!

But i thought a coin must be listed on 3 exchanges?
Jump to: