Author

Topic: Bitmark - page 114. (Read 622213 times)

Activity: 247
Merit: 100
August 19, 2014, 09:18:56 AM
That's good.

I feel I will need to contact everybody to use the correct logo's - they have used an old suggestion that was never adopted, I'll wait a short time until we are live with everything.

This has been in the back of my mind all week. I agree, we do need to push the new Logo/Icon out to everyone.

Medic is anxiously awaiting Bitmark to go live   Grin
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Bitmark Developer
August 19, 2014, 09:07:56 AM
BitMark added to CoinMarketCap : http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitmark

That's good.

I feel I will need to contact everybody to use the correct logo's - they have used an old suggestion that was never adopted, I'll wait a short time until we are live with everything.
legendary
Activity: 2424
Merit: 1148
August 19, 2014, 09:01:03 AM
BitMark added to CoinMarketCap : http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitmark
Activity: 182
August 19, 2014, 08:05:12 AM
Our pool for BitMark is up and running - will not post a link here but it will hopefully be added into the OP shortly

Nice looking pool. Smiley

edit: Confirms required should be 721 and not 120 btw. Smiley

Thanks for pointing that out - updated Smiley
Bitmark Developer
August 19, 2014, 07:43:21 AM
Our pool for BitMark is up and running - will not post a link here but it will hopefully be added into the OP shortly

Well caught EsteNuno.

Another 0.5 BTC of interest bearing guaranteed developer loans has been received thanks to Mister D. Now at 3.4 BTC of a total of 8 BTC required.

Thank you to all who have helped so far.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1002
amarha
August 19, 2014, 07:35:18 AM

Bitmark Developer
August 19, 2014, 07:32:38 AM

Added, and here is the link: https://www.minep.it/pool/BTM/

Thank you!
Activity: 182
August 19, 2014, 07:23:28 AM
Bitmark Developer
August 19, 2014, 06:46:44 AM

An open letter to miners

The rewards you get are calculated by your percentage of currently active hashrate.  Mining half as many blocks twice as quick is not more profitable. Mining twice as many blocks at half the speed is not less profitable.

Profitability calculators in the usual sense do not apply when you cannot access your rewards for a day or two.

Mining at a pool with a higher hashrate does not give you more rewards than mining at a pool with a lower hashrate. On low hashrate pools your reap a higher percentage of rewards less frequently, at high hashrate pools you reap a lower percentage more frequently. It averages out to the same.

You will receive on average a portion of the rewards corresponding to your percentage of average network hashrate, whether you mine on a pool (any pool), solo, or on p2pool. The only variance is in fees.

Mining is a service which demands consistency, the more consistently you mine the more stable the network, your rewards, and our currency. Bitmark has been crafted to reward fairly anybody who is consistent.

Ignore Difficulty.

Thank you,

Mark
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
August 18, 2014, 08:39:42 PM
A quote in IRC from Medic.

Getmarked appears so on-target and timely not surprised it resonated with the tech-savvy Millenniums.

Reputation and Micropayments, a yin-yang proposition everyone can relate to.
Bitmark Developer
August 18, 2014, 05:54:39 PM

We need more pools over the coming weeks, I have ran multiple projections and can foresee us growing to support 150-250 GH/s in the next couple of months.

It is essential that we have a wide variety of high quality scrypt pools with distributed hashrate.

If you know of any good pools which may add us, or any which are perhaps closing down or wondering what to do with litecoin and doge being a little less profitable and going down in value, please reach out to them so that they have a chance to switch over and keep their businesses running.

Many Thanks,

Mark
Activity: 339
August 18, 2014, 12:58:14 PM
Burden?!

Absolutely not...

Bitmark Developer
August 18, 2014, 12:19:44 PM
I am easily confused. For the sake of clarity;

Mark - I asked previously if direct BTM would help. You answered here.

So, it is my understanding that you require cold hard 'cash' i.e. BTC for developer loans. Is this still the case?

Correct.

The total is 8 BTC, 2.5 BTC received and 5.5 BTC still required. Half of it (4 BTC) is used for me to live on and provide basics for my family, the other half is used to acquire BTM to secure the loan repayments.

All going well through hard work and effort the value and adoption of Bitmark will grow considerably, reflecting in the price, and leaving me with BTM profit after paying the loans which I can trade up and down to self fund perpetually. That is in the most fortunate of case. In the worst case it ensures full time work on the project for another 40 days to produce and roll out marking, and no loss to anybody who loans.

Thank you - exactly as I thought.

I am going through my 'bags' of altcoins - any that I can shift to raise some BTC particles, I will pass your way (don't get too excited though!).

Smiley

Thank you, every little helps, I am sorry to be a burden.

Bitmark weekly checkpoints updated at block 27050 - can self builders please pull and recompile, thank you.

Edit: 2.9 BTC now received, 5.1 BTC required. Dannygroove has swapped his IPM funds over to a developer loan. Thank you danny!
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
August 18, 2014, 11:29:00 AM
Bitmark Developer
August 18, 2014, 11:02:10 AM
A quote in IRC from Medic.

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
August 18, 2014, 10:49:51 AM
This thread needs bump. People have to know.
August 18, 2014, 10:42:37 AM

So, it is my understanding that you require cold hard 'cash' i.e. BTC for developer loans. Is this still the case?

Correct.

The total is 8 BTC, 2.5 BTC received and 5.5 BTC still required. Half of it (4 BTC) is used for me to live on and provide basics for my family, the other half is used to acquire BTM to secure the loan repayments.

All going well through hard work and effort the value and adoption of Bitmark will grow considerably, reflecting in the price, and leaving me with BTM profit after paying the loans which I can trade up and down to self fund perpetually. That is in the most fortunate of case. In the worst case it ensures full time work on the project for another 40 days to produce and roll out marking, and no loss to anybody who loans.

Thank you - exactly as I thought.

I am going through my 'bags' of altcoins - any that I can shift to raise some BTC particles, I will pass your way (don't get too excited though!).

Smiley

Bitmark Developer
August 18, 2014, 10:14:52 AM

Correct.

August 18, 2014, 10:06:48 AM

Bitmark Developer
August 18, 2014, 09:19:47 AM
Jump to: