Author

Topic: Bitmark - page 148. (Read 622213 times)

legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1002
amarha
July 15, 2014, 10:38:34 AM
Today we propose Investor Public Mining to the community.

IPM defines a fair way of balancing the interests of miners, investors, developers, and users.

If you are an investor, miner or otherwise interested in crypto currency and Bitmark, please take the time to read the document.

Subject to the communities approval we will implement the IPM pool over the following days.

Feedback and discussion is encouraged, please ask any questions you may have so that we can clarify the document.

Question...who controls the IPM and the Bitmark Foundation?

I like the idea of guaranteed hash power on the network, but ultimately its still centrally controlled, presumably by you.

Not to say that you will be a bad actor because Bitmark stands to gain a lot more if you are good, but who is to say somebody else in the future does not gain access to the IPM? As the community grows so should the IPM and the Bitmark foundation. Eventually I would expect control of them to expand as well to include more than just you. Especially considering 5% of funds from the IPM go to the foundation, there is constant monetary support for the foundation to grow. I think the structure of how the foundation and IPM operates, as well as who controls it should be very transparent.

I think we're pretty much relying on more people joining and having coinsolidation delegate some of the tasks and responsibilities away from just himself. He's done a lot alone, but if this project is to fully expand towards the scope that I(and hopefully others) think it can, then it's going to be more than a one person job.

The funds in the Bitmark Foundation are locked for a year. So we have a good amount of time to build up some consensus how we are going to proceed at that point.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
July 15, 2014, 10:36:37 AM
[...] I think the structure of how the foundation and IPM operates, as well as who controls it should be very transparent.

I agree. Not about beeing suspicious but that will avoid a lot of possible future misundertandings and will make everybody more confortable about getting in and invest via the IPM system.
Activity: 658
Merit: 504
July 15, 2014, 10:18:15 AM

IPM defines a fair way of balancing the interests of miners, investors, developers, and users.

If you are an investor, miner or otherwise interested in crypto currency and Bitmark, please take the time to read the document.

Subject to the communities approval we will implement the IPM pool over the following days.

Feedback and discussion is encouraged, please ask any questions you may have so that we can clarify the document.

Question...who controls the IPM and the Bitmark Foundation?

I like the idea of guaranteed hash power on the network, but ultimately its still centrally controlled, presumably by you.

Not to say that you will be a bad actor because Bitmark stands to gain a lot more if you are good, but who is to say somebody else in the future does not gain access to the IPM? As the community grows so should the IPM and the Bitmark foundation. Eventually I would expect control of them to expand as well to include more than just you. Especially considering 5% of funds from the IPM go to the foundation, there is constant monetary support for the foundation to grow. I think the structure of how the foundation and IPM operates, as well as who controls it should be very transparent.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Bitmark Developer
July 15, 2014, 09:58:47 AM

legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1002
amarha
July 15, 2014, 09:57:44 AM
What are we expecting the difficulty to adjust to tomorrow?

Half of what it is now?
Activity: 339
July 15, 2014, 07:05:42 AM
I am mortally offended & upset that I received no acknowledgement of my paltry 50 BTM donation...  Cry

Only joking..!

Sorry Androidicus I forgot to say you were already credited on the ANN since yesterday, I had a thank you reply drafted and was then distracted by helping Danny.

I know you are joking, but I want you to know that I am sorry for the oversight, and value your donation of both BTM and time as much as any other.

Shortly I will have a proposal ready which takes 5 minutes to read, if anybody is available to take a look at it before posting it here, could they pm me or join the irc room.

Thank you.

Cool That'll teach me not to re-visit the ANN often enough! Now I feel plain stoopid..!

Seriously though, in spite of a few FUD comments here and there (which naturally goes with the territory) I continue to be impressed with the commitment and endeavour of both yourself and the supporting community to Bitmark.

Keep up the good work...

Bitmark Developer
July 15, 2014, 06:59:56 AM
I am mortally offended & upset that I received no acknowledgement of my paltry 50 BTM donation...  Cry

Only joking..!

Sorry Androidicus I forgot to say you were already credited on the ANN since yesterday, I had a thank you reply drafted and was then distracted by helping Danny.

I know you are joking, but I want you to know that I am sorry for the oversight, and value your donation of both BTM and time as much as any other.

Shortly I will have a proposal ready which takes 5 minutes to read, if anybody is available to take a look at it before posting it here, could they pm me or join the irc room.

Thank you.
July 15, 2014, 06:41:32 AM

Only joking..!

I sent it through as I like what you are doing here with the whole organic growth from the ground up.  Seems like its attracting good members from the community also.  Active development is the main criteria in choosing my investments and I can see this project doing well.

Echo that ^^^ !

I sent 50BTM to the Foundation Address a few hours ago... for the exact same reason.

I cannot afford to keep all my hash on BTM as need to cover power etc. etc. But there's a liitle GS 5 chip going to be perma-pointed at it - there's 360 kh/s you can rely on Mark!

Grin
Bitmark Developer
July 15, 2014, 05:59:15 AM
I think the current difficulty algorithm is not best choice.
He is too slow to respond to changing network hashrate.
Someone can mine with high power at low difficult and leave when the difficulty rise. Then when the difficulty decreases - mine again. Same story like with Doge. They changed the difficulty algorithm by same reason.

Sent 251.00 BTM to The Bitmark Foundation (bQmnzVS5M4bBdZqBTuHrjnzxHS6oSUz6cG).

Thank you for your kind donation to the Bitmark Foundation, it will do much to help the future of our project.

Once the initial hype is over and network hashrate drops I believe the diff algo will need to change.

I would like to give the algorithm more than a day or two to see how it performs.

We are currently mining blocks on schedule, and the block time is reasonable for users.

More importantly, today a fully documented proposal is to be released which will address the issue of difficulty volatility for Bitmark. It will be published in the coming the hours.
Activity: 406
July 15, 2014, 01:55:52 AM
Someone can mine with high power at low difficult and leave when the difficulty rise. Then when the difficulty decreases - mine again. Same story like with Doge. They changed the difficulty algorithm by same reason.

I agree.

Once the initial hype is over and network hashrate drops I believe the diff algo will need to change.
Activity: 750
Merit: 511
July 15, 2014, 01:53:47 AM

Activity: 306
July 14, 2014, 10:20:50 PM
It helped! got it working thanks Smiley
Bitmark Developer
July 14, 2014, 08:10:14 PM
When I start the client it says loading addresses and then it says: Generated but not accepted. I get 8 connections but it doesn't sync.

It looks like you have mined an orphan block, and are possibly on your own fork.

Start the wallet with -rescan and -reindex to fix.

If it does not, close bitmark, delete the debug.log, restart bitmark then send me the output of debug.log.
July 14, 2014, 07:45:25 PM
Cant get the wallet to sync Sad can anyone help me?

Have you checked if it is blocked by a firewall? This is most likely.

The wallet automatically connects to seed nodes on start-up, all of them are active. You should get a few connections within seconds.

If you still have problems, PM me and I will debug it with you by giving you nodes to add and checking the debug logs.

When I start the client it says loading addresses and then it says: Generated but not accepted. I get 8 connections but it doesn't sync.
Bitmark Developer
July 14, 2014, 07:21:33 PM

Have you checked if it is blocked by a firewall? This is most likely.

The wallet automatically connects to seed nodes on start-up, all of them are active. You should get a few connections within seconds.

If you still have problems, PM me and I will debug it with you by giving you nodes to add and checking the debug logs.
July 14, 2014, 07:11:53 PM
July 14, 2014, 03:06:23 PM
I sent it through as I like what you are doing here with the whole organic growth from the ground up.  Seems like its attracting good members from the community also.  Active development is the main criteria in choosing my investments and I can see this project doing well.

Echo that ^^^ !

I sent 50BTM to the Foundation Address a few hours ago... for the exact same reason.

I cannot afford to keep all my hash on BTM as need to cover power etc. etc. But there's a liitle GS 5 chip going to be perma-pointed at it - there's 360 kh/s you can rely on Mark!

Grin

Len
Activity: 177
Merit: 100
July 14, 2014, 01:58:06 PM
Len
Activity: 177
Merit: 100
July 14, 2014, 01:49:59 PM
No worries, ill swap you 200 BTC for another 200 BTM if you want haha
Bitmark Developer
July 14, 2014, 01:43:26 PM
I'm mining with ~2.5MH. Like anyone, I'd like a bigger piece of the pie, but with the new Asics, there's a lot of hash power out there without a profitable target to point it at.

I do plan on mining Bitmark long term. I tend to get distracted, and jump around to different coins, but I just ordered 2 Zeus Blizzards (1.3MH each) to point at Bitmark, while I use my 4x7950 rig to flit around to whatever shiny coin I'm looking at that day.

Thank you for your support.

Just sent 200 BTM to the foundation address

This is very commendable. To me this is even better than saying you had just donated 200 BTC.

Thank you.
Jump to: