Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmark - page 43. (Read 622213 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
November 07, 2016, 06:08:30 AM
Soon BTM will be over 50k sats...

Lots of good things coming up Smiley

Activity: 211
Merit: 100
November 07, 2016, 05:55:49 AM
I have started own pool: sky-pool.com
Bitmarks ready to listing, but I am waiting  for orphans rate lowing
legendary
Activity: 1612
Merit: 1608
精神分析的爸
November 02, 2016, 04:09:38 AM
Just checked the block explorer with regard to all the orphans.
This is very strange for me:
http://btm.cryptocloudhosting.org/tx/a2bd15a9a74f7bd596794fc314c53d7c47dff5ce96d375a7d83d7ebeb1041dca
All the input addresses are the one getting the mined rewards, however they sent all the mined BTM to the same address. It looks like someone setup 15 different miners/pools to mine that doesn't make any sense to me (why not put all the hashes to one pool)?!?
Of course I could miss something and would appreciate any explanation.
Cheers

Yes, there is someone that is in control of the network which results in no one else but them getting new BTM. Forcing everyone else to gen orphans. It's likely why the price is going down too.

Sure, but what is the advantage having 15 independent pools? If the hash power is directed to one pool, they will get also all the blocks (almost).
Would be possible they run the pools with modified wallets even if they ere synchronised with other wallets?

The difference with Bitmark is that this is not just someone with a lot of hashrate finding a majority of the blocks; the group in control of the network is actively refusing to build upon blocks from any other pool.  So they have 51+% of the network hashrate but are mining 100% of the blocks because the chain height of all other pools can not keep up with their solo chain height.

This behavior is very risky - it's an all or nothing game.  Either you maintain 51% control and you get 100% of the blocks, or you drop to 49% control and you now have 0 blocks.  It makes the most sense to accept other pools' blocks and and go on to mining the next block; at least this way when you do find a block it's unlikely to get reversed no matter the distribution of hashrate on the network.

With selfish mining, the attacker(s) does not need 51%, much less is necessary once the attackers private blockchain has some blocks mined in hidden. I guess somewhere between 30-40% (others argue it can be even less than that) of total hashrate are enough to constantly orphanize others blocks as soon as the attackers chain is a few blocks longer than the real/honest blockchain.

Activity: 194
November 02, 2016, 03:35:19 AM
http://btm.cryptocloudhosting.org/tx/a2bd15a9a74f7bd596794fc314c53d7c47dff5ce96d375a7d83d7ebeb1041dca
All the input addresses are the one getting the mined rewards, however they sent all the mined BTM to the same address. It looks like someone setup 15 different miners/pools to mine that doesn't make any sense to me (why not put all the hashes to one pool)?!?
Cheers

Yes, there is someone that is in control of the network which results in no one else but them getting new BTM. Forcing everyone else to gen orphans. It's likely why the price is going down too.

Sure, but what is the advantage having 15 independent pools? If the hash power is directed to one pool, they will get also all the blocks (almost).
Would be possible they run the pools with modified wallets even if they ere synchronised with other wallets?

The difference with Bitmark is that this is not just someone with a lot of hashrate finding a majority of the blocks; the group in control of the network is actively refusing to build upon blocks from any other pool.  So they have 51+% of the network hashrate but are mining 100% of the blocks because the chain height of all other pools can not keep up with their solo chain height.

This behavior is very risky - it's an all or nothing game.  Either you maintain 51% control and you get 100% of the blocks, or you drop to 49% control and you now have 0 blocks.  It makes the most sense to accept other pools' blocks and and go on to mining the next block; at least this way when you do find a block it's unlikely to get reversed no matter the distribution of hashrate on the network.
legendary
Activity: 1030
Merit: 1000
October 29, 2016, 12:57:09 PM
are we on track for the idea map planned from Nov 1 to 5? by the way, when can we have the fork to actually utilize the features?
Activity: 486
Merit: 104
October 26, 2016, 10:42:49 PM
All the input addresses are the ones getting the mined rewards, however they sent all the mined BTM to the same address. It looks like someone setup 15 different miners/pools to mine. That doesn't make any sense to me (why not put all the hashes to one pool)?!?
Cheers

Maybe a lame attempt to hide what they are doing ?

Activity: 534
October 26, 2016, 08:36:57 AM
Cheers

legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
October 26, 2016, 08:20:28 AM
Cheers

Activity: 534
October 26, 2016, 08:05:49 AM
Cheers
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
October 26, 2016, 07:05:30 AM
Why is the price down ?
legendary
October 19, 2016, 07:19:59 AM
If someone wants to join the Bitmark team on Slack, you can generate an auto-invite for yourself by clicking the Slack hash-tag button at
 http://www.bitmark.io

It looks like this:   

or just click on this link:   https://bitmark.herokuapp.com/

Thanks for the auto invite feature. It is reassuring of the developers. Bitmark should do really well soon.
October 19, 2016, 03:45:29 AM
If someone wants to join the Bitmark team on Slack, you can generate an auto-invite for yourself by clicking the Slack hash-tag button at
 http://www.bitmark.io

It looks like this:   

or just click on this link:   https://bitmark.herokuapp.com/
legendary
October 16, 2016, 02:04:43 AM
Who are the developers? Can we get an update please?

I'd like an invite to slack as well.
October 15, 2016, 01:04:12 PM

Nathan Rixham (Coinsolidation) has not been heard from in quite a while; in fact he hasn't posted on BTT (or on Slack for that matter)
 in a very long time  
     (Last Active:  May 15, 2015, 12:59:24 AM)
Activity: 307
Merit: 250
October 15, 2016, 06:41:12 AM
What is going on ? Why is the price collapsing ?

Well, in my opinion this coin deserves much higher price, especially for the reason that poloniex uses it for their reputation system.

The stench from scammer dev Nathan Rixham will linger a long time ... very sad. That guy's involvement make long term success for BTM very difficult.
Activity: 238
October 15, 2016, 05:39:35 AM

Well, in my opinion this coin deserves much higher price, especially for the reason that poloniex uses it for their reputation system.

Activity: 238
October 15, 2016, 05:37:06 AM

legendary
October 11, 2016, 08:29:50 AM
Just received this from Poloniex.

Thank you for your patience.

It appears that your deposit is now complete

Checked and it's there now  Grin

same here, so sent another dep and it is now not showing up....

now that BTM is back over 1k diff.... all blocks being generated are orphans now...

legendary
October 09, 2016, 07:46:21 PM

same here, so sent another dep and it is now not showing up....
legendary
Activity: 2424
Merit: 1148
October 09, 2016, 06:48:17 PM

Pages:
Jump to: