Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmark - page 53. (Read 622213 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
February 21, 2016, 08:29:16 PM
scam alert

shock horror, an anonymous dev, with account created today -- I wonder who it could be ...  Shocked

We've sent you a PM Melvster. Only positive intentions from us as we have not seen your account activity since April 2015. We were under the impression there was no developer involved, no website, block explorer and stalled transactions. Let's discuss and perhaps work together on these matters. We are very excited to work with the Bitmark community.

TeamBTM
legendary
Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005
..like bright metal on a sullen ground.
February 21, 2016, 08:12:07 PM
We would like to officially announce a new project in development for Bitmark (BTM - a blockchain that allows website users to send reputation points to other users). As a broad team of new developers, we see the enduring potential of BTM once implemented within features that a website or service provides (e.g., Reputation 'marks' prevail such at Poloniex regardless of trading volume). This unique aspect of Bitmark seems to lend security to itself once implemented within a community. Therefore we have decided to adopt the project and develop improvements, essential services and ultimately begin working to assist other reputable community-based websites in order to implement an economic reputation feature.

We look forward to a successful venture together and will be launching the official thread shortly outlining projects and improvements which are due moving forward.

With 2015 being called a record breaking year for social media sites, we see a strong opportunity to enhance an Internet in which community-based websites are so rapidly emerging.
The future of the web truly will seem to be social in nature.
We encourage you to watch as we take this vision forward and move Bitmark into the spotlight its timing so truly deserves.

TeamBTM

scam alert

shock horror, an anonymous dev, with account created today -- I wonder who it could be ...  Shocked

Just another typical day in crypto land  Grin

Moving on.. do you know of a working block explorer, and a site that shows difficulty etc stats? (Many of the links on the front page are dead). 

Oh, and thanks for the (real) update.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
February 21, 2016, 07:09:24 PM
so a little update

I have no idea who teamBTM is, but they have not contacted the community either the devs or medic the PM, thanks for your 'interest' tho Cheesy

Regarding Nathan / coinsolidation.  We've been unable to contact him.  He has stolen money from the foundation and many community members (including me) and developer loans.  I insist that every person that has lost money on him on this project is made whole and things attempted to be put right.  The sooner the better.  I dont know the details of the civil complain filed mentioned earlier in the thread, but a body of evidence is being gathered for a larger civil plus criminal investigation.  It will be open and transparent, everyone that was wronged is invited to take part.

Regarding development I've removed nathan from now as the lead developer but there is always a path to come back.  The community will determine this. 

I've restored my status from member to owner.  I was made owner a year ago, but did not have time to commit to btm development.  I have a bit more time now having done a lot of work on the API side.  We'd like more developers.

Enough with the negativity.  Some positives. 

* Bitmark price has stayed up rather well despite no development.

* The coin did not die a mining death as some predicted, mining has been rather healthy.

* The coin still has a relatively pure bitcoin implementation which insulates it from any controversial decisions made by the bitcoin core team.  The coin had no premine, and so everyone has had a chance to get in cheap.  There can be no resentment towards the coin, the algo or the parameters -- these remain the best selling point of btm

* Marking is still going strong in poloniex after one year.  This shows that once marking is introduced, people like it.  That's a great data point.

It would be great to see marking used in new scenarios.

As for me Ive been working on a multi database marking API which is 100% decentralized and im pretty happy with.  You could call it alpha stage, so ill be testing it out, firstly on klaranet.

I've also been mocking up a decentralized social network which ill add marking to, based on the Solid standard.  I'll let you know when it's live, but for now, here's a screenshot Smiley

Activity: 350
February 21, 2016, 06:13:43 PM
We would like to officially announce a new project in development for Bitmark (BTM - a blockchain that allows website users to send reputation points to other users). As a broad team of new developers, we see the enduring potential of BTM once implemented within features that a website or service provides (e.g., Reputation 'marks' prevail such at Poloniex regardless of trading volume). This unique aspect of Bitmark seems to lend security to itself once implemented within a community. Therefore we have decided to adopt the project and develop improvements, essential services and ultimately begin working to assist other reputable community-based websites in order to implement an economic reputation feature.

We look forward to a successful venture together and will be launching the official thread shortly outlining projects and improvements which are due moving forward.

With 2015 being called a record breaking year for social media sites, we see a strong opportunity to enhance an Internet in which community-based websites are so rapidly emerging.
We encourage you to watch as we take this vision forward and move Bitmark into the spotlight its timing so truly deserves.

TeamBTM

scam alert

shock horror, an anonymous dev, with account created today -- I wonder who it could be ...  Shocked

February 21, 2016, 01:27:04 PM

TeamBTM

Refer to the following thread ATM.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-bitmark-2016-development-discussion-1372286
February 21, 2016, 09:51:18 AM

TeamBTM
legendary
February 14, 2016, 06:39:42 AM
Fortunately, we are in the open-source space. The project-bitmark group at Slack has not given up on the project, and although the loss of the original dev, coinsolidation, is a setback, it's not the end of the project, far from it.

That's good to hear! I'm still hodling my bag ...

Is coinsolidation definitely gone for good?

Yes. Gone and he's not part of the coin anymore.
The coin is open source and new devs and community are working on it.

Considering what is going on with the popularity of Poloniex I would think Bitmark might have a bright future this year.
Would be interesting to see some added functionality for BTM at Polo. Maybe that is something we could discuss with them once the coin algo is changed to something more stable.

There is a lot that can be done with Bitmark. The possibilities are limited only by our imaginations.

That's a good point about Poloniex.  It has functionality there, and with the rise of polo volume from ETH it can get some more attention.  I'm going to brainstorm about other possibilities  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023
February 14, 2016, 05:33:01 AM
Fortunately, we are in the open-source space. The project-bitmark group at Slack has not given up on the project, and although the loss of the original dev, coinsolidation, is a setback, it's not the end of the project, far from it.

Yes. Gone and he's not part of the coin anymore.
The coin is open source and new devs and community are working on it.

Considering what is going on with the popularity of Poloniex I would think Bitmark might have a bright future this year.
Would be interesting to see some added functionality for BTM at Polo. Maybe that is something we could discuss with them once the coin algo is changed to something more stable.

There is a lot that can be done with Bitmark. The possibilities are limited only by our imaginations.
Activity: 544
Merit: 500
February 06, 2016, 09:46:42 PM

legendary
February 06, 2016, 06:17:29 AM
It's time to fix Bitmark and then maybe we can give it a new life.

Proof of Stake is the first step.

Might need the Chinese to revive this one.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023
February 06, 2016, 04:13:49 AM
It's time to fix Bitmark and then maybe we can give it a new life.

Proof of Stake is the first step.
Activity: 486
Merit: 104
January 15, 2016, 03:42:03 AM
legendary
Activity: 1310
Merit: 1000
January 10, 2016, 02:34:44 PM
The idea was brilliant. The dev was a #+*?%&$.  Scammed so many people (and not only the fucking daytraders, more the people believed in the idea) with money and time. It´s a shame, Nathan!
Activity: 406
January 09, 2016, 03:45:41 AM
"There should be some tangible developments for the community around the week of May 1st."

Any updates on what that might be, or do we just need to wait?

From what I know all we have left now is to wait :p

But not too long Smiley the first deliverable is well under way and I'm free all week with it being my primary focus.

so, this was the last post from the Bitmark scoundrel .. i actually defended this scum once
November 26, 2015, 11:39:44 AM
Any actual development still happening on this coin?

Seems very quiet here..

Most active discussion happens on Slack (projectbitmark.slack.com)
legendary
Activity: 1316
November 26, 2015, 07:34:23 AM
Any actual development still happening on this coin?

Seems very quiet here..
November 25, 2015, 07:52:24 AM
My take is that there were complaints filed, and the person(s) who initiated the complaint(s) cannot say anything further until authorities (in the UK I believe) complete their investigation and take further action.
legendary
Activity: 1316
November 24, 2015, 04:11:09 PM
Yep....that is an improvement. Just fired up my Bitmark wallet, and it flew in comparison to a month ago.
I liked Bitmark from the beginning, very sad to see how things turned out.
Hows coinsolidation ? He still involved with BTM ?

afaik some people are trying to take legal action against coinsolidation but I'm not sure of the details myself

Any more information on this?
Activity: 162
Merit: 100
November 15, 2015, 10:22:01 PM
Activity: 162
Merit: 100
November 15, 2015, 10:20:55 PM
Yep....that is an improvement. Just fired up my Bitmark wallet, and it flew in comparison to a month ago.
I liked Bitmark from the beginning, very sad to see how things turned out.
Hows coinsolidation ? He still involved with BTM ?

afaik some people are trying to take legal action against coinsolidation but I'm not sure of the details myself
Pages:
Jump to: