Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmark - page 71. (Read 622213 times)

legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1002
amarha
January 11, 2015, 03:54:51 PM
The chain is stuck? I wanted to send some BTM to my local wallet, but still no confirms... it's been 4h or so  Huh
Took 2-3 days to send from wallet to exchange.
Seems like a letter with my privat key to Busoni would have been faster  Roll Eyes

Yeah, chain is just mining blocks very slowly due to the high difficulty and low hash. Not stuck or anything. It's very inconvenient for sending BTM around at the moment but one way or the other we have to get it back up to speed either though rasing demand or changing the algo if need be.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1002
amarha
January 11, 2015, 03:52:00 PM
Is "mark"/"marking" reserved for the reputation score only?  So that regardless of the amount of bitmarks given by any individual to another, it is the specific act of giving them (i.e., each transaction) that counts as one "mark"?

No, it's integration specific. So you can set it up whichever way you'd like for your own website or whatever. You can also use different algorithms if you plan on emphasizing the reputation part of it. I think we wanted to have a repository of algorithms and such so that people could just choose whatever one they thought would work well for them if they felt they needed one.

In some cases like perhaps a charity, the reputation aspect might not matter as much(or it might, it depends on the way they want to do it) so they might just integrate marking as a way that people can mark and transfer value to whatever cause they deem worthy.

Thanks for the info.

IMHO, from a marketing perspective, it's too bad there isn't a way to incorporate the full Bitmark branding into the "mark" terminology -- something like "Bitmarking" or "Bitmarkers."   I think Bitmark is a fantastic name (obvious btc association) but "marks" loses this, adds some confusion (public already finds crypto confusing) and sounds generic.  Maybe this isn't possible because of the need to differentiate the reputation aspect with certain algorithms or I'm missing something else.  Anyways just my 2 cents  Smiley

Someone has a bitmarking domain name registered I think. One of the things about marking is that for a lot of people who use it for the first time they probably won't even realize that it's associated with a cryptocurrency, or even what a cryptocurrency is for that matter. Almost like they get slowly eased in to it and learn step by step through actually using it and seeing the value in crypto as a daily use currency. Some people might think of Bitcoin as some vague investment thing that they saw on the news or the IT guy at work won't shut up about Tongue. Of course they'll be some people who are already aware of Bitcoin and maybe some sites/marking integrations that target that type of audience might make the Bitmark part of marking more apparent. It's going to be up to each individual marking integration how they want to present it so it will be interesting to see some of the variations in how it's used maybe.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
January 11, 2015, 11:23:28 AM
The chain is stuck? I wanted to send some BTM to my local wallet, but still no confirms... it's been 4h or so  Huh
Took 2-3 days to send from wallet to exchange.
Seems like a letter with my privat key to Busoni would have been faster  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011
Franko is Freedom
January 11, 2015, 11:15:37 AM
Glad to see a good coin like this is still going on strong Smiley Congrats guys. If you need any help from me let me know.
We do need help but I'm not sure what help we need. Can someone else elaborate...maybe a dev?

I visit yalls slack occasionally, next time im in there, just let me know something yall need help with and I can bring it infront of the collective and see what they want to do. Fair honest coins deserve support.
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
January 11, 2015, 10:52:52 AM
Glad to see a good coin like this is still going on strong Smiley Congrats guys. If you need any help from me let me know.
We do need help but I'm not sure what help we need. Can someone else elaborate...maybe a dev?
legendary
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
January 11, 2015, 10:40:43 AM
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011
Franko is Freedom
January 11, 2015, 10:31:13 AM
legendary
Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005
..like bright metal on a sullen ground.
January 11, 2015, 05:11:11 AM
Is "mark"/"marking" reserved for the reputation score only?  So that regardless of the amount of bitmarks given by any individual to another, it is the specific act of giving them (i.e., each transaction) that counts as one "mark"?

No, it's integration specific. So you can set it up whichever way you'd like for your own website or whatever. You can also use different algorithms if you plan on emphasizing the reputation part of it. I think we wanted to have a repository of algorithms and such so that people could just choose whatever one they thought would work well for them if they felt they needed one.

In some cases like perhaps a charity, the reputation aspect might not matter as much(or it might, it depends on the way they want to do it) so they might just integrate marking as a way that people can mark and transfer value to whatever cause they deem worthy.

Thanks for the info.

IMHO, from a marketing perspective, it's too bad there isn't a way to incorporate the full Bitmark branding into the "mark" terminology -- something like "Bitmarking" or "Bitmarkers."   I think Bitmark is a fantastic name (obvious btc association) but "marks" loses this, adds some confusion (public already finds crypto confusing) and sounds generic.  Maybe this isn't possible because of the need to differentiate the reputation aspect with certain algorithms or I'm missing something else.  Anyways just my 2 cents  Smiley
Activity: 159
Merit: 100
January 10, 2015, 05:01:43 PM
Has anyone heard from Mark re: thoughts, and to generally quell concerns ... I know he's been Ill, but it really seems unlike him to be this absent ...

And John, if you do decide to Dump, message me and perhaps we can make a deal off exchange.

+150
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
January 10, 2015, 02:41:30 PM
Has anyone heard from Mark re: thoughts, and to generally quell concerns ... I know he's been Ill, but it really seems unlike him to be this absent ...

And John, if you do decide to Dump, message me and perhaps we can make a deal off exchange.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
January 10, 2015, 07:50:12 AM
I made a request earlier for the dead pools to be removed from the OP.  It still hasn't happened.  Usually the first thing people do when they investigate a coin is look at the various pools to firstly check the health of a coin and secondly to pick a pool. When they get a bunch of dead links, they assume the coin is dead and move on.

Please update the OP....
Activity: 159
Merit: 100
January 09, 2015, 04:08:39 PM

nicos shifted pool to hash to coins as xhash is closing in a few days time.

Actually, quote from the header on the xHash pool:

Good news everyone! We have found an investor and we won't be closing the pool. Thank you for your support!

Not that that really matters, glad to see he is still involved. At least there are 2 miners!!

that's great that there are still more than one pool out there. have discovered since using hash to coins that the pool achieves a greater efficiency for the machines.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
January 09, 2015, 01:22:01 PM
Smart people are meanwhile accumulating  Cheesy

False, smart people limited their risk @100K, 90K, 80K ...
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
January 09, 2015, 12:37:42 PM

As EsteNuno says, I have been a little ill since Christmas, nothing serious merely run down after last year and when I stopped I caught a cold and flu. I'm feeling much better now, and more importantly, it appears that this is one ship that cannot sail without a captain, time to get things sorted out and back up to full steam!

Any updates?  Wasnt able to find you on slack or IRC.

Nothing in git for 23 days, and we were told in december code was ready:

http://vps.bitmark.co/git

Is the plan still to move the code from private repositories to open source?
Bump
Activity: 1274
Merit: 500
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
January 09, 2015, 10:56:03 AM
Smart people are meanwhile accumulating  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
January 09, 2015, 09:14:58 AM

So far my trust in this coin.
January 09, 2015, 06:41:16 AM
I agree with the concerns of others on the state of this coin.

It would not be hard to fix the mining issue so I cannot understand why it is not being done. Hard fork in 50 or 100 blocks and add KGW or DGW, done. At the moment it seems leaving it broken is the intent of the devs.

I fear if it is not fixed soon it will be too late.   Sad

Good points but with one fatal flaw.  The devs want the emission of the coin to match the demand of the coin.  Currently there is almost zero demand and therefore almost zero emission.  However that in itself is also a fatal flaw because by the time they actually get past their discussion groups and roadmaps and actually implement *Something* useful, the crypto world will have left BTM behind and moved onto something else.  There are already other coins taking the basic premise behind BTM and running with it, at least one of them will "out BTM" BTM by simply being more proactive. 

Guys/Dev team. We need an algo that keeps the blocks moving even at reduced rewards.  I'd rather see 0.2 BTM every 2 minutes than 20 BTM every 12 hours or so.  Make it happen like yesterday!  Smiley 

KGW and DGW are flawed algos.  DIGI would be my pick (with variable block reward based on hashrate).  If that is past your expertise, I have it on very good authority that the DIGI team are more than happy to help out. 

I really dont think mining should be changed before marking comes out.  It was a day away in december before mark got sick.

If the coin parameters change, before we see core marking, people will switch to another coin. 
January 09, 2015, 06:33:24 AM

As EsteNuno says, I have been a little ill since Christmas, nothing serious merely run down after last year and when I stopped I caught a cold and flu. I'm feeling much better now, and more importantly, it appears that this is one ship that cannot sail without a captain, time to get things sorted out and back up to full steam!

Any updates?  Wasnt able to find you on slack or IRC.

Nothing in git for 23 days, and we were told in december code was ready:

http://vps.bitmark.co/git

Is the plan still to move the code from private repositories to open source?
January 09, 2015, 05:31:07 AM
I agree with the concerns of others on the state of this coin.

It would not be hard to fix the mining issue so I cannot understand why it is not being done. Hard fork in 50 or 100 blocks and add KGW or DGW, done. At the moment it seems leaving it broken is the intent of the devs.

I fear if it is not fixed soon it will be too late.   Sad

Good points but with one fatal flaw.  The devs want the emission of the coin to match the demand of the coin.  Currently there is almost zero demand and therefore almost zero emission.  However that in itself is also a fatal flaw because by the time they actually get past their discussion groups and roadmaps and actually implement *Something* useful, the crypto world will have left BTM behind and moved onto something else.  There are already other coins taking the basic premise behind BTM and running with it, at least one of them will "out BTM" BTM by simply being more proactive. 

Guys/Dev team. We need an algo that keeps the blocks moving even at reduced rewards.  I'd rather see 0.2 BTM every 2 minutes than 20 BTM every 12 hours or so.  Make it happen like yesterday!  Smiley 

KGW and DGW are flawed algos.  DIGI would be my pick (with variable block reward based on hashrate).  If that is past your expertise, I have it on very good authority that the DIGI team are more than happy to help out. 
January 09, 2015, 05:05:09 AM

nicos shifted pool to hash to coins as xhash is closing in a few days time.

Actually, quote from the header on the xHash pool:

Good news everyone! We have found an investor and we won't be closing the pool. Thank you for your support!

Not that that really matters, glad to see he is still involved. At least there are 2 miners!!
Pages:
Jump to: