Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmark - page 75. (Read 622213 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
December 17, 2014, 06:02:44 AM
^^ What coinsolidation said.  BTM is not a coin that should be mined (at the moment) with the intention of selling to make a profit.  Why would you at the current diff? There are plenty of other coins that will give you a better short term return.  Go join a multipool if you want short term returns.  BTM is for the long haul. Bank some now and forget them for a year or so.  Then you will hopefully get a pleasant surprise.  If things go to plan, in a year we will be wishing the diff was only 1953 Smiley  

Having said that, I do hope that some of the grand plans do come into existence sooner rather than later.  

EDIT: Question for coinsolidation.  Those 1.3 million coins that should exist but currently don't.  Are they gone forever from the final total or just delayed (assuming an increase in popularity eventually for BTM)
Activity: 294
Bitmark Developer
December 16, 2014, 08:40:30 PM
So, yeah seems like it's impossible to send BTM right now.
Any idea to fix this? (which doesn't include more miners)
Maybe take a look at Viacoin.

It is possible to send quickly, it is however very slow to confirm.

We have discussed difficulty algorithms at length for many weeks.  We've discussed every approach of every moderately successful currency, and many other new proposals in addition to this.

Every proposal comes at the cost of increasing supply when demand is low, or opening the chain to attack vectors, or introduce larger compounded problems which damage the economy as a whole both now and in the future.

The community still wishes to find a difficulty algorithm which does not alter the coin emission, but as yet we have not found one.  That includes AntiGravityWave, KGW, DGW, and everything else implemented in other currencies, they all keep a relatively stable block time, at the cost of lowering the production cost and maintaining a constant supply of currency regardless of demand.

Our difficulty calculation is the same as Bitcoin, if the hashrate of Bitcoin ever drops, they will experience the same, compounded over a much longer period since their diff change is far less frequent than our 720 block change.

The issue is self resolving over time, as demand raises so does price-tag due to limited supply, as does liquidity, which increases mining profitability (fallacy, you can't calculate this), which brings in miners.  Once market liquidity increases due to demand then hashing stabilizes and diff changes become less severe.  Increasing usage is key.

The alternative is to reduce production cost to match price-tag on market, which creates excess supply, and pushes market price downwards - go to beginning of sentence and repeat.   Please do check the metrics of all PoW currencies with modified diff algorithms, and see the pattern for yourself.

Without changing difficulty, we have the cost of slow transaction confirmations on a barely used network, and the benefit of a greatly reduced coin supply when demand is low. BTM Supply: 925,820 BTM, and we had planned: 2,242,480 BTM by this time - there is 1,316,660 less BTM in the world.  Hoarding and market crashing is greatly reduced whilst we work to increase usage.  When BTM is being used, it will naturally be more liquid and mined more consistently.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
December 16, 2014, 07:25:04 PM
At this current net harsh, it will take 4 more months before the difficulty changes.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
December 16, 2014, 07:24:51 PM
So, yeah seems like it's impossible to send BTM right now.
Any idea to fix this? (which doesn't include more miners)
Maybe take a look at Viacoin.
Bitmark Developer
December 16, 2014, 03:37:39 PM
It should sync when the next block is found. It's not really out of sync now, it just shows that it is.

As EsteNuno says, the client is synchronized, you can verify this by checking the time of the last block on the explorer and comparing to your last block received.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1002
amarha
December 16, 2014, 03:02:51 PM
I can't get my Bitmark wallet to sync, it's stuck at 4 hours.

It's probably synced but due to slow blocks the client shows that it's not synced.
So I just wait?

It should sync when the next block is found. It's not really out of sync now, it just shows that it is.
December 16, 2014, 02:47:05 PM

It's probably synced but due to slow blocks the client shows that it's not synced.
So I just wait?
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1002
amarha
December 16, 2014, 02:40:44 PM

December 16, 2014, 02:24:31 PM
Activity: 111
Merit: 101
December 15, 2014, 10:33:56 PM
Ill sell you my time for them Cheesy?
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
December 09, 2014, 05:37:37 PM
Hi fellas :-) got myself a syncing issue. Downloaded the last qt but it says no block source available?
I apologize if the explanation to the problem is already posted somewhere, not very good with wallets I'm afraid. Sad

Strange, please close and reopen once or twice, it should fix it automatically.

The problem is likely that one of the seed nodes has gone down.  The code picks one at random to try on the first time you ever connect, if you are unfortunate enough to get one which has went offline, then you get this issue.  Simply restarting should fix it.  In the meantime, thank you for making us aware, I'll check all the main seed nodes to ensure they're running.
darn you're right, it fixed itself. Thanks!
Bitmark Developer
December 09, 2014, 04:26:26 PM
Hi fellas :-) got myself a syncing issue. Downloaded the last qt but it says no block source available?
I apologize if the explanation to the problem is already posted somewhere, not very good with wallets I'm afraid. Sad

Strange, please close and reopen once or twice, it should fix it automatically.

The problem is likely that one of the seed nodes has gone down.  The code picks one at random to try on the first time you ever connect, if you are unfortunate enough to get one which has went offline, then you get this issue.  Simply restarting should fix it.  In the meantime, thank you for making us aware, I'll check all the main seed nodes to ensure they're running.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
December 09, 2014, 02:21:02 PM
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
December 06, 2014, 12:27:07 PM
A little late to the project myself I see..oh well, time for new beginnings!

What you mean you are late, late in what sense?

Late as in I just recently discovered this amazing coin. This topic has been quite a read so far. One of the top altcoin developers hands down.

Its not too late Smiley We are still before the adoption phase (but probably not so long before). I suggest you join our Slack group and there always will be someone to answer your questions. Or just watch for view days how our conversations look like.
Activity: 247
Merit: 100
December 06, 2014, 12:23:16 PM

Late as in I just recently discovered this amazing coin. This topic has been quite a read so far. One of the top altcoin developers hands down.

Wholeheartedly agree with your assessment...Additionally, I firmly believe Mark is one of the Top Developers within all of Crypto.

Thank You for taking interest in our Project & Welcome to the Community.
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
December 06, 2014, 09:11:37 AM

Bitmark Developer
December 06, 2014, 09:05:53 AM

Welcome Ryse, if you would like an invitation to slack, where the community is most active, please pm myself or estenuno.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
December 06, 2014, 08:53:27 AM

Activity: 88
Merit: 10
December 06, 2014, 08:28:50 AM
Bitmark Developer
December 05, 2014, 09:32:08 AM
Bitmark BTM now on https://brainwallet.github.io/
Pages:
Jump to: