Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmex for noobs - Leveraged Trading. Longs and Shorts! - page 10. (Read 2853 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 102
Chikuntv
Bitmex is brutal. I like trading alts way more. Follow Flood on twitter, he's killing this game. A lot of great tips
Activity: 672
Merit: 526
Could you show print screen of your trades? I think I will start using bitmex again. But I still need to study more because of in the past I have made some stupid choices.
Activity: 378
Merit: 28
Lots of sideways lately. Thinking up after a 6550ish.
That short definitely did not go well, but luckily I was able to average it up and just got out at breakeven 6600. Probably longing 6500 now, think 7k will be hit at this point.
Activity: 252
Merit: 13
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I'm pretty sure that referral links are not allowed on this forum. Best to take it out to ensure this thread or your account doesn't get red flagged because you can never tell when a DT member is raging and would want to take out some anger on your account.

That being said, info on leveraging is good. As usual, caveat! Invest wisely and only what you can lose.
Reshorting around 6500. May long 6350 if it continues to hold.
Activity: 146
Merit: 0
Unless you are an experienced trader I wouldn't touch leverage trading, it's very easy to get burned. There are plenty of people who lost on their portfolio's and tried to make up leverage trading on Bitmex. People that gambled away their livesavings and that of their family, people indebted because of a leverage trading addiction.

If you're a noob, then don't even bother with Bitmex or leverage trading unless you have a history of day-trading and feel confident you're up for it.

I am one example of your words. When the market was going down I saw how the capital decreased, but could not do anything, then I learned that you can play on the decline and decided to try and before you learn to spend 20% of its capital on the elimination. Now I trade only with stop loss and a small laverage
Targeting 6700-6800 for a new short here.
Stopped out again Cheesy

Definitely think sub 6k is confirmed, not messing with longs anymore. Looking for a 6.6k short.
Wowzers. Got stopped out luckily, but nutty drop. Longing 6850 here.
Activity: 406
Merit: 111
Unless you are an experienced trader I wouldn't touch leverage trading, it's very easy to get burned. There are plenty of people who lost on their portfolio's and tried to make up leverage trading on Bitmex. People that gambled away their livesavings and that of their family, people indebted because of a leverage trading addiction.

If you're a noob, then don't even bother with Bitmex or leverage trading unless you have a history of day-trading and feel confident you're up for it.
Sideways ALL day today. Very strange. Longing 7500 if it gets hit.
bitmex for noobs is The biggest difference is that in Bitmex you just load into Bitcoin and draw in Bitcoin. All other altcoins are derivative currencies and you do not need to actually buy or sell it.

What in the world does this even mean
Activity: 168
bitmex for noobs is The biggest difference is that in Bitmex you just load into Bitcoin and draw in Bitcoin. All other altcoins are derivative currencies and you do not need to actually buy or sell it.
Activity: 96
Merit: 3
Thanks for the interesting and informative review and comments about Bitmex.  It sounds exciting and dangerous, one could win a lot and also lose a lot.  Don't know if I'm up for that level of action but am going to check it out!
Long worked out great. Lots of money to be made in these areas since it's bouncing back and forth constantly.
Riskiest option you choose if you do margin trading on any exchange specially on bitmex with x100 leverage .
people thing one right move will turn their 100 bucks into 200 with just 1% difference in predicted trend . but it is totally gamble , margin trading should be done with low leverage . i tell you reason why .

suppose you have 100 usd only on bitmex and do long btc at 7100usd at x100 leverage , after 15 mins btc dip upto 7015usd  and later it bounce back to 7400 usd . bcoz you had only 100 usd so in that case your order will be liquidated at 7029usd (1% of 7100 at x100 leverage) . even after choosing a right move you lost it just bcoz 1% dip .
correct me if i am wrong .

You are correct, but thats why I suggest using Cross leverage. If you have 100 USD on bitmex, only bet $20 of it. This will mean it can dip to 6850 (napkin math) before you lose your entire balance, but you can lose more than the $20 you put in. Check the tips thread for a full explanation.
Activity: 252
Riskiest option you choose if you do margin trading on any exchange specially on bitmex with x100 leverage .
people thing one right move will turn their 100 bucks into 200 with just 1% difference in predicted trend . but it is totally gamble , margin trading should be done with low leverage . i tell you reason why .

suppose you have 100 usd only on bitmex and do long btc at 7100usd at x100 leverage , after 15 mins btc dip upto 7015usd  and later it bounce back to 7400 usd . bcoz you had only 100 usd so in that case your order will be liquidated at 7029usd (1% of 7100 at x100 leverage) . even after choosing a right move you lost it just bcoz 1% dip .
correct me if i am wrong .
Welp, very wrong on Sub 7, that's what stop losses are for! Waiting for 7650 and shorting there today.
Thinking sub 7 is coming soon. Shorting with tight SLs today.
Pages:
Jump to: