Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmex for noobs - Leveraged Trading. Longs and Shorts! - page 9. (Read 2853 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 10
The Exchange for EOS Community
I have 2 months already working on this exchange and first lost a lot in liquidation. But it taught me a lot and now I take the shoulder maximum X10 and put a stop loss! Is there someone here who does day trading on this exchange? Are you good?
Investing with big leverage is not really for newbies and you need a lot of skill to succeed in that form. I have also invested in Bitmex with leverage over x10 and the results are quite good but recently when the market was volatile I was no longer involved in this form of investment.
Activity: 378
Merit: 28
Just been playing these swings over and over. Great time to trade with tight SLs. I think the next big move will probably be up, but very content to play $30 swings right now.
Activity: 546
Merit: 122
Although leverage is a very risky bet, it is better to bet on betting sites, and with a bit of timing it is possible to make a profit. The problem is greed, knowing the time to stop is important because it can become an addiction.
Took profit at 6650 on the short, regretting that for sure!

Longing 6350 now.
Activity: 182
Merit: 0
I have 2 months already working on this exchange and first lost a lot in liquidation. But it taught me a lot and now I take the shoulder maximum X10 and put a stop loss! Is there someone here who does day trading on this exchange? Are you good?
Average short is 6700 but very scared. Feels like this could test 7k. Keeping a close eye, be safe!
Layering shorts from 6.6 to 6.8. I think dump will happen, but not sure when.
6500 seems crazy dangerous now. Probably sitting out until tomorrow.
Longing 6500 Range. Little scared because Friday is usually a dump. Tight SLs
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
BitDEX trading floors take security seriously. They store all the money in versatile wallets that only allow access if most partners allow. Just as cold wallets are hidden away from the reach of potential hackers. That is the feature of the BitMEX trading platform we should trading longs
Shorted 6750. Annoyed I didnt wait until 6800 but so far so good. Seeing a bounce around 6450 I think.
Took profit at 6550 and relonged. Took profit at 6650, currently no trade zone. Hoping to get a short at 6700.
Took profit at 6400. Kind of skeptical about 6800 now. Waiting to see how things develop tomorrow.
Longing at 6300. Think 6.8k is in play.
I've been watching tutorials some time ago, tried the demo account and still could not quite get it. The only thing I could understand is that if you're unsuccessful on ordinary exchanges, then there's nothing to do here. Would like to try out 100x however with some small amount, but it has nothing to do with trading, more like a gamble.

It's a calculated gamble. Even if you constantly make 60/40 decisions you still come out on top. Over time, you'll develop your own strategy for what works for your psyche. It's just as much mental as it is technical.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 502
I've been watching tutorials some time ago, tried the demo account and still could not quite get it. The only thing I could understand is that if you're unsuccessful on ordinary exchanges, then there's nothing to do here. Would like to try out 100x however with some small amount, but it has nothing to do with trading, more like a gamble.
Took profits on the long. Shorting now at 6130.
Got close to 6500, but looks like it's back down for now. I'm in a quick long from 6050, but tight SL. Think its dump at 6150.
Could you show print screen of your trades? I think I will start using bitmex again. But I still need to study more because of in the past I have made some stupid choices.

I would but I do scalping rather than big moves, so it's like 10-15 trades a day. My suggestion would be find a good TA discord and make "theoretical" trades or play on test net until you feel comfortable.

Was VERY wrong about up. Use stop losses! Thinking 6500 is now resistance, longing to that.
Activity: 236
Merit: 10
Thanks for the post. interesting strategy. Bitmax trading so complicated for me. Hope it will change.
Pages:
Jump to: