Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmex/Derebit Tips - How to not lose your house and maybe even make some money - page 4. (Read 2625 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 28
Not incredibly excited about my 6650 short, but think I can at least break even here.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
I think there`s still a chance for 6700-6800, will wait for that with the December contract, got a nice short grid of orders starting from 6500. But to be covered I opened a short on the March contract at 6300 and will add to it at 67ish. You are right, nice move yesterday, bagged 15% profit.
Shorting 6450ish I think.
WHAT A DAY. Caught a nice short but took a little early at 6200. Got in a decent long for profit as well. Think I'm going to relong 6300 but curious to see what happens.
Activity: 672
Merit: 526
The price is on the side trend for long hours. This kind of market is horrible. Before this last fall, it was also sideways for long hours. As the Asian market has not moved much and the price has not fallen so much, with the exception of the altcoins, I imagine that the European market can open in a good mood in the next few hours.

6300 for long?
Average entry is 6300. Not in a great spot, but think I can breakeven on this.
Activity: 980
Merit: 294
I’ve had a ridiculous experience with Bitmex, both fun and depressing, but I think I’m finally getting a grip on it, so I wanted to share some things I’ve learned. For clarity, when I first started using Bitmex, I lost about 3 BTC over the course of a month because I had no idea what I was doing and I’m an idiot. Since then however, I’ve taken .06 BTC and I’m currently at 2.7 BTC from Bitmex alone in a few weeks. It has the potential to make you rich, but also super broke. Do not take it lightly.
Honestly, I admire your courage despite from what you loss and even with that amount you still continue to recover your losses, I mean if it happen to someone, they'll probably be insane. Though what you did is risky, like you didn't know what you actually doing otherwise you literally play with your money. I am not saying that everyone should do what you did but your will to trade is very outstanding.

May I know how much bitcoin you're using now?
I'm hoping that you still sleep, I mean this isn't easy to monitor the price 24/7.
Looking to short 6575 and probably hold that for awhile.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 517
Got pretty lucky and managed to profit on the quick downswing and then flipped to a long and caught this up swing. Super good day today. I think we'll see a retest of 6200 then back up for a bit, maybe 6.5 or something. We'll see how it goes, but definitely leaning long after a small retrace.
That's fishing on crocs infested water and nothing says you would always be lucky and certainly not with a 100x leverage, tight stop loss and not much fund. To forestall giving it all back to the market with just a trade gone wrong, it's best to scale down on the leverage and amount per trade. Slow and steady wins the race.
Got out of that trade ASAP at breakeven. Phew. Now eyeing another short at 6550.
Short at average entry 6400 now.
Sitting out the night. Took profit from 6400 short at 6300. Might short a 6500 but seems like a no trade zone right now.
Still looking for a 6400 short. Might make do with 6350 eventually
Had DCA'd at 6150 for avg of 6250. Good profit at 6400. Now unsure what to do. Probably shorting 6400.
Looking for a 6350 long here.
Unfortunately got caught in a 6600 long and that did NOT go well. Longed 6300 but took profit at 6450. Would like to long 6325 again or so.
Knew short was right but missed it while I was sleeping. Unfortunate. I say retrace to 7100 or so but down is still the direction IMO.
Pages:
Jump to: