Pages:
Author

Topic: BitMinter.com * Optional Custom Miner, PPLNS, Merged mining, Newbie-Friendly! * - page 26. (Read 220699 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Hi

Very new to mining and the world of Bitcoins in general, but the concept looks interesting enough to have spent most of yesterday reading up and playing with Bitminter and cgminer.

Wanted to say that for an utter newbie Bitminter is fantastic, I was looking into the whether my various laptops had GPUs or not (2 do, 2 don't) and trying to get the number of shaders from hardware reference pages to put into cgminer, but as my hardware awareness is low I was struggling.  Bitminter just picked up the hardware and configured itself.

Have got 3 Dells & a Macbook Air all pumping away with BitMinter so far and am just lining up the next couple of old Dells.  I'm not going to make much as only have 21Mhps in total so far to contribute, but I'm not going to spend any cash on ASIC machines after 1 day of tinkering.

I know most will scoff at my output and say it isn't worth it, but all I need to say is Free Electricity.  All I need to make sure is not overdo the laptops that I need for work and blow them up. 

A little disappointed that I didn't discover all this a year ago as I had an air conditioned server room with a few unused rack servers that I could have made use of, now I just have a corner of mostly empty office and bunch of old laptops. On the laptops that are not used for everyday work I'll get them running Ubuntu off a stick and leave them in the corner and hope the noise doesn't put the boss off.  Will set up vnc or something so I can control them all from home as it makes no sense to spend £5 on petrol just to restart a 200khps slab.

I do have a couple of feature requests:
1 - After 1 day of reading up on Bitcoins and now obviously being an expert  Wink Litecoins seem to be gaining momentum and profitability for the smalltime miner as the big ASIC racks hoover up everything in their path and ramp up the difficulty.  Any chance Bitminter will support Litecoins?

2 - Is there any way to add a flag on the worker page that says if the worker is alive?  Would it just be obvious from the changing numbers?  With such low powered hardware are my workers in less contact or are they in constant contact the same way a phone contacts a mobile or phone mail app contacts the mail server?

3 - Any chance of an iOS app to monitor workers and the account?

Cheers

Activity: 6
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034
Needs more jiggawatts
Sometimes stale work would have created a block. I think BitMinter is the only pool that shows those "could have been" blocks. Maybe it's better to remove that, as it just has a negative psychological effect. Wink
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
Block is stale. I just found out you can click on the hight (253346) number. Second stale block in a few days. Even with the prepaid perk you get nothing.

https://bitminter.com/block/btc/000000000000000d1ae37e71d4397a8fb600a134fe0bf2020b57a902b4f56ae0
Activity: 6
Hi,

Not seen this before but under blocks confirmations column I am seeing processing for block 253346.

253346 2013-08-21 06:24 35m 9,530,382 50,810,339 17.1% 19,436.220 BTC noitev processing

Any idea what this is indicating?

Thanks,

Phil
legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
I always use bitminter as my fallback pool and the client is a well built stable app works on almost all machines I have tried it on  Cheesy
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
I really like bitminter. The openId login is great. However I gotta ask if there is any plans of a Google 2step verification being added to address changes / withdrawls.

From what I can see 2-step verification and 2-factor authentication on Google seems to be the same thing?

You can use that for logging in at BitMinter. I believe also Verisign and possibly other OpenID identity providers support 2-factor auth.

I'm not sure if there is a way for me to force you to re-authenticate through Google again with 2-factor when you want to make critical changes to your account. If you are already logged in with Google it just bounces you back to the BitMinter site without any need to log in. It's an interesting idea though - I'll have to look into that further.
Activity: 15
I really like bitminter. The openId login is great. However I gotta ask if there is any plans of a Google 2step verification being added to address changes / withdrawls.
one of my miners was down, I think maybe a bad usb connector on miner or pc side. Strange that it causes that many rejects, because I was mining at 90gh/s (3 miners) instead of 120gh with all 4. I'll check the internet connection.
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
24% rejected work is very very high. Is there a problem with your internet connection?
I have a 24% reject at the moment, while the total is 1.35%

36% ?! now

I will restart my miners, because I'm also between 80 and 90gh/s instead of 120gh/s
I always had a lower rejected percentage than the total: i.e. I had 0.35% and total would be 0,45%. But since the live stats are back, for the 2 blocks after that, I have a very high reject percentage. Around 4 to 5% (as time passes that percentage wil go down, but stays a few percent higher than total for the pool). Can I do something about that?
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
There was a problem with the live hashrates on the websites not working today. I will have a fix for this shortly so it won't happen again so easily. It has happened a few times over the last months. Apologies for the inconvenience, I know broken stats can be confusing.
Activity: 73
This happens way too often. 
Activity: 21
Activity: 73
Why are my workers not able to connect and the site shows 0.00 Th/sec? This is frustrating.
Activity: 1
Like the GUI, very easy to use. Thanks
Activity: 61

You can turn off individual sounds. Try turning off the proof of work accepted and proof of work rejected sounds.

oh yeah I have them turned off... I just mean that back then it made more sense to have them on because maybe they would be spaced out more.
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
The Bitminter client is not recognizing my ASICMiner Erupter. I restarted the Bitminter client several times and it is not finding the Erupter. What can I do?

Which operating system are you on? Does it show up as a serial port? You installed the driver?

What happens if you go "devices" -> "scan all ports" in the menu? Any messages in the log at the bottom of the window?

that seems like a situation where having the sounds turned on would be nice....... when I turn them on now it's just too much (mainly just proof of work accepted is).

You can turn off individual sounds. Try turning off the proof of work accepted and proof of work rejected sounds.
Activity: 61

When this pool was young and only had a few miners a round could take 7 days sometimes, which meant you only got a single payout that week. At the time we had a very small share of the global hashrate.

that seems like a situation where having the sounds turned on would be nice....... when I turn them on now it's just too much (mainly just proof of work accepted is).
Pages:
Jump to: