Pages:
Author

Topic: BitMinter.com * Optional Custom Miner, PPLNS, Merged mining, Newbie-Friendly! * - page 72. (Read 220667 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Hey guys. I just joined with around 580MH/s. Just wanted to try something different than the bland old white box pool.
Activity: 47
How is the approximate mint speed calculated?  I understand it's just a guess, but was curious to know what factors are taken into consideration.  The speed was pretty close when we got paid for the third block, but the fourth block's payment is about 1/3 of what I had expected based on the mint speed.  This is probably due do the increase in the number of participant, but my mint speed has not changed.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034
Needs more jiggawatts
This sounds interesting!

Try it out and let me know if you have any problems or feedback. Smiley
Activity: 5
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
Engineers at the datacenter finally fixed their networking after approx. 5 hours downtime. I will think about different hosting options. Sorry for the downtime!
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
Problems at the data center where the server is hosted makes the server unreachable from the internet. Sorry for this. I hope they get things straightened out quickly.
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
By the way, good work on completing the 4th block, people. It was a difficult one with 5.4 million shares.

It should be confirmed in about 4 hours from when I post this, and payments should go out soon after (within 1 hour).

Remember that the 5% bonus is not shown in the "unconfirmed" BTC in your account, and also not in info on a block when you click "show payouts". It will however appear on your account as soon as the block is confirmed. It's a separate "bonus" transaction you can see in your transaction history.

We're now building block 5 and 5% bonus is active till block 60, so let's get mining! Wink
Activity: 213
Merit: 100
I'm back from Black Hat and Def Con security conferences in Las Vegas. Should now have time to work more on BitMinter in the near future.

Nice, welcome home Smiley Now it's time to think about the new rewards system Grin
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
I'm back from Black Hat and Def Con security conferences in Las Vegas. Should now have time to work more on BitMinter in the near future.
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
Dont know if this has been brought up yet or not but it be nice if on the website it was more accurate on what your balance is. Seeing a zero after 8~ work doesnt make me feel comfortable even though i know i takes longer than that.

The website should be perfectly accurate. The problem is that until we get more members our current hashrate will only make new bitcoins every 1-2 weeks or so. This will improve as more people join.

I intend to add some numbers in the account webpage showing an estimate of how much you are likely to get paid for the current round.
Activity: 19
Dont know if this has been brought up yet or not but it be nice if on the website it was more accurate on what your balance is. Seeing a zero after 8~ work doesnt make me feel comfortable even though i know i takes longer than that.
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
Quick bugfix on the website today. Some bitcoin addresses for payouts that were valid would be rejected. This has been fixed now. Please try again now if you had problems with this - sorry for the inconvenience.
i started it out in free air, then moved it to a server case, too loud on my desk.  i cut two holes in the front of the case, 67 and 68 degrees, running at stock core and lower memory

This is good temps for mine, it's nice Smiley
Activity: 910
Merit: 1004
buy silver!
i started out with alot of problems, couldnt keep the machine running longer than 2 hrs, stupid machine was set to turn off after 2 hrs.

If your hardware is in a case, don't forget to open it, and if you can, put a big desktop fan on the graphics cards for evacuate the heat. Wink

i started it out in free air, then moved it to a server case, too loud on my desk.  i cut two holes in the front of the case, 67 and 68 degrees, running at stock core and lower memory
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
Everything running now.

More info added in main thread, here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.427649.
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
Site is down now?

Sorry, something wrong with the server. Working on it. More info will follow.
Activity: 7
i started out with alot of problems, couldnt keep the machine running longer than 2 hrs, stupid machine was set to turn off after 2 hrs.

If your hardware is in a case, don't forget to open it, and if you can, put a big desktop fan on the graphics cards for evacuate the heat. Wink
buy silver!
oh and could you add a time online(or total time connected or mining) to the account page for each block?  i dont know how useful of a stat that is for multiple workers, im running 4 cards, the 6990 and 3 liquid cooled 480's, im thinking the 480s arent making me anything.  paying .10/kwh here
buy silver!
i started out with alot of problems, couldnt keep the machine running longer than 2 hrs, stupid machine was set to turn off after 2 hrs. thank god, cause i thought it was overheating.  then i was using guiminer with it and i was only getting 640-660 with it. so i switched over to bitminter 1 and now im getting 700-740, with one 6990.  dreading my first power bill.......
Pages:
Jump to: