Pages:
Author

Topic: BitMinter.com * Optional Custom Miner, PPLNS, Merged mining, Newbie-Friendly! * - page 76. (Read 220667 times)

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034
Needs more jiggawatts
I have 3 miners on your pool, almost 1000 accepted for each with ZERO stales!! Wink

Sweet!

Hope it hasn't gone up now. I am seeing intermittent error messages from the HTTP library that the pool backend uses. At the same time in the miner running on my computer I see the long polling connection was reset when this was happening. This could cause some stales. I've never seen this happen in the backend until today. I'm working on finding out what is causing this.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
I have 3 miners on your pool, almost 1000 accepted for each with ZERO stales!! Wink

Very Nice!
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
Just migrated over to your pool today. I've just got my head wrapped around this bitcoining thing, and I have a couple of Macs to bring online today after work.

Great! Welcome aboard Smiley If you have any questions/problems, let me know.

We are just starting our mining operation so it made perfect sense for us to start our new venture with a new pool.  I hope we can help drive the pool's success.  We do operate a 24/7 rig so hopefully we will experience very little down time.  We have one more 6950 on its way that we will add to the rig as well.  We are also planning to OC the cards to optimize them as well.

That's good stuff! We are already picking up speed - growing a little every day.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
I have been using your client for some time now and my speed in ins the 420s, but after I restarted my computer today, my speed is in 330s.  I checked my card and all the oc values are correct.

That does indeed sound bad. Looking into this now. Which drivers are you using? Catalyst 11.6?

nice

Thanks, mate Smiley

Dr. I just wanted to introduce my self as my partner and I recently joined your pool with our rig.  We operate under the PmmTech name.  Look forward to minting with you!

Hi Smiley Nice 24/7 work from you guys!

To you and other early members - thanks for joining! It's tough getting a new pool off the ground.

We are just starting our mining operation so it made perfect sense for us to start our new venture with a new pool.  I hope we can help drive the pool's success.  We do operate a 24/7 rig so hopefully we will experience very little down time.  We have one more 6950 on its way that we will add to the rig as well.  We are also planning to OC the cards to optimize them as well.

Thanks for running the pool.
Activity: 163
Just migrated over to your pool today. I've just got my head wrapped around this bitcoining thing, and I have a couple of Macs to bring online today after work.
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
I have been using your client for some time now and my speed in ins the 420s, but after I restarted my computer today, my speed is in 330s.  I checked my card and all the oc values are correct.

That does indeed sound bad. Looking into this now. Which drivers are you using? Catalyst 11.6?

nice

Thanks, mate Smiley

Dr. I just wanted to introduce my self as my partner and I recently joined your pool with our rig.  We operate under the PmmTech name.  Look forward to minting with you!

Hi Smiley Nice 24/7 work from you guys!

To you and other early members - thanks for joining! It's tough getting a new pool off the ground.
Activity: 2
Activity: 5
Activity: 12
This is not necessarily true.  It depends on the open source licenses that the other libraries are using.  Something like the GPL you can include the open source library in your application and only need to release code for that library if you modified the library itself, but you are *not* required to release the code for your own application.  Look at Oracle, they make heavy use of Apache web server in the ERP applications, but they are most definitely not open source.
A GPL-licensed library would absolutely require you to release the code for your entire application. An LGPL-licensed one would not. I don't know specifically much about the Oracle ERP applications, but if they are web apps, then they are completely separate from Apache anyway (compare a text file that you write with the editor that you wrote it in). Even so, Apache isn't GPL, it's licensed under the Apache license, so they may be able to do that anyway.

Having said all that, it doesn't matter what Oracle do. If the OP is just communicating via JSON with bitcoind, then licensing doesn't matter. It's when the code is taken and incorporated into a new product that the license matters. I don't know what s/he does or is planning on doing, but I just wanted to address the GPL comment...
Activity: 213
I would like to inform people that the dedicated miner is actually faster than Phoenix with phatk improvement, especially with 5xxx and 6xxx Radeon series. Come test Smiley
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
There is a lot of empty space when the miner is in performance mode.  I think it would be helpful if the number of work units accepted was also displayed there and maybe the rejected units if space allows.

Great idea! Also going to add a start/stop button there (suggestion from another user). Coming soon Smiley
Activity: 47
There is a lot of empty space when the miner is in performance mode.  I think it would be helpful if the number of work units accepted was also displayed there and maybe the rejected units if space allows.
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
Thanks, Soak, that's looking great! I sent you a bitcoin Smiley
Activity: 213
If people are interrested, auto-refreshed signatures for members with +50 posts.

Code:
[url=http://bitminter.com/][img]http://goo.gl/wA2Wd[/img][/url]

Code:
[url=http://bitminter.com/][img]http://goo.gl/fR7c4[/img][/url]
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
The passwords are encrypted on the server, so if you forget them there's no way to retrieve them.

But: just log into the website and click the "change" button where it says the password is "[encrypted]". Then use the new password in the miner.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
This is not a bad idea but there doesn't seem to be a way for password retrieval as I had forgotten mine.......since I clicked "remember me"
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
Website update:
  • Pool speed/workers shown, top of page
  • My Account->Transaction history - shows all bitcoins in and out of your account
  • Block info: for more info on a block, click a block in the statistics/block list, or in your transaction history
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
There is one more thing.  When I restarted my computer and the client, the CPU module and total module were back.  I think it would be better if the client remembered the state of modules for subsequent runs.

Yes, at the moment it only remembers the login credentials (if you check the "remember me" at the login screen). I know it's annoying setting everything up each time - saving all the setup stuff is on my list!
Activity: 47

I have another suggestion.  I only use my GPU so I have removed the CPU and total work windows and resized the window to only show the graphic card.  The problem I have run into is that when I go back and forth between performance and "pretty" modes, the window resizes with a large blank area in the middle.

Hmm, looks like it's making room for the devices that have been hidden. Added to bug list - thanks!

[/quote]

There is one more thing.  When I restarted my computer and the client, the CPU module and total module were back.  I think it would be better if the client remembered the state of modules for subsequent runs.
Pages:
Jump to: