Pages:
Author

Topic: bitscalper anyone use this ? [PASSWORDS LEAKED] - page 26. (Read 40963 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Bitbuy
Well I got out my 150 BTC with a profit of 7 BTC (10 - 3 for withdrawal)
Can't complain about a free $50  Grin

still making money too, either the site is bugged and the guy's losing money or some sort of ponzi thing is still going on

Hmmm sounds like an interesting bug. Maybe everyone should withdraw and see what happens/

I already emailed them about it. If they are legit, they should know. If they aren't, well then there's not much we can do anyway. They will win in the end, because they can just start refusing withdrawals.

To me this looks to good to be true, but I'm not going to call them anything without proof.

In the mean time, I'm playing around with some change on the site  Roll Eyes
Activity: 70
Merit: 10

still making money too, either the site is bugged and the guy's losing money or some sort of ponzi thing is still going on

You got that money by mistake. There's probably another bug i did not catch. I'll look into this immediately.
Activity: 560

Hmmm sounds like an interesting bug. Maybe everyone should withdraw and see what happens/
Activity: 50
Merit: 0

Activity: 686
Shame on everything; regret nothing.
I read this in the stickied Introduce yourself thread.
Always a reliable source of info Smiley

haha.

Like I said earlier, this is an obvious scam, very much in the style of mybitcoin.com.  The scammer (my GUESS, bruce wagner) probably noticed the popularity surge over at www.bitcoinica.com, and tried to make a scam that appeals to users of that site.
Activity: 714
Merit: 504
^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.
I read this in the stickied Introduce yourself thread.
Always a reliable source of info Smiley
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
It looks like the operator of the site is new to bitcoin but is developing and has been doing it for about a month.  He said there was a glitch this morning, but its back-up.  I read this in the stickied Introduce yourself thread.
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
Lets collect some data, shall we? And to put this in perspective: They received 2814+ BTC by now.

Of course they have. Did you think they went into arbitrage trading flat broke? This is just an experiment. It will be over soon. If you're not comfortable with it, don't put money in that you can't afford to lose, as always.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 360
Merit: 250
Your first point is alarming. Also my fund was not touched up to now. I could still imaging constructions were this doesn't have to be, but in this case bitscalper should be able to explain it in detail.

Your other points are already known and for me not a proof for a scam, without saying that it's not a scam. When I would like to be anonymous, I would not use my usual forum account. I would just open another one.
legendary
Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

(Sorry for doubleposting on both topics https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/the-first-automated-bitcoin-trading-tool-legit-stuff-57406 and https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitscalper-anyone-use-this-passwords-leaked-57422.)

TL;DR: There are clear facts that Bitscalper is not what they try to tell us, I say scam!

Here are my findings:

I "joined" 10.01.2012 by sending 10BTC. By now I have 11.547BTC. 1% average per day. Doesnt sound impossible to do, huh?

1) I sent 10 BTC https://blockexplorer.com/address/14PAmBAdgjpuPgNi7jYZuUsQpAuxZoeMHv, but they didnt move at all since five days! So they are giving me 1.55 BTC just for nothing? If they dont need my funds to speculate and make 1% a day, why do they pay me that 1%?
Thats a KO for me.

For completeness, here come other, more indicative clues:

2) The user "bitscalper" is new on Bitcointalk. Noone creates such a project without having been seen on the forums before! Let me guess, "oh, our country is so dangerous, we dont want SWAT to kick in our doors". You are at such high risk that you never even mentioned the country's name?

3) The counter "all scalped BTC" and my personal stats get updated a few times a day, but then in pretty large increments. Often these two numbers dont change at the same time. You want to tell me you can dump almost 3k BTC on different, i.e. small exchanges, to take advantage of a few percent arbitrage, without totally flooding that small exchange, and make a few percent gain even after fees? And furthermore, you do this one, two, three times a day, and not several hundred times a day?

4) I won't even begin with the more subtle, but still obvious signs like never stating any surname, not even in mails, using buzzwords whereever possible, seeming to be oh-so open, pleased, grateful for any input, which will make its way to the page quickly. I recognize this "Yes, yes, thank you!" style from the bazaar, immediately before paying three times the regular price.

All in all: If it seems too good to be true, it mostly is. To compare with the Aricie bot (3% loss, then a max of 3‰ plus) and my own trading (a fat loss), this is too obvious too good. I pull out nao.

Lets collect some data, shall we? And to put this in perspective: They received 2814+ BTC by now.

Receiving adress from Bitscalper:                                  Amount:
14PAmBAdgjpuPgNi7jYZuUsQpAuxZoeMHv                 10 BTC

legendary
He's assuming they use a standard piece of code from bitcoinmedia.com, since it has that exact error message.

Aah, got it, thank you!

Ente
Activity: 345
now u get this :
Error 2002 : Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

SQL = []

Array (
  • => Array ( [file] => /var/www/p/app/database.php [line] => 7 [function] => db_report_error [args] => Array (
  • => ) ) [1] => Array ( [file] => /var/www/p/app/common.php [line] => 76 [function] => db_connect [args] => Array ( ) ) [2] => Array ( [file] => /var/www/p/app/config.php [line] => 15 [args] => Array (
  • => /var/www/p/app/common.php ) [function] => require_once ) [3] => Array ( [file] => /var/www/p/app/advanced_reports.php [line] => 2 [args] => Array (
  • => /var/www/p/app/config.php ) [function] => require_once ) )
Activity: 714
Merit: 504
^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.
He's assuming they use a standard piece of code from bitcoinmedia.com, since it has that exact error message.
I'm guessing their bitcoin client is crashed, see:

http://bitcoinmedia.com/merchant-developer-tutorial/

require_once('jsonRPCClient.php');
    $bitcoin = new jsonRPCClient('http://username:[email protected]:8332/');
    # now check for appropriate funds in user account
    try {
        $username = ...
        if(isset($_SESSION['sendaddress']))
            $sendaddress = $_SESSION['sendaddress'];
        else {
            $sendaddress = $bitcoin->getnewaddress($username);
            $_SESSION['sendaddress'] = $sendaddress;
        }
        $balance = $bitcoin->getbalance($username);
    }
    catch (Exception $e) {
        die("

Server error! Please contact the admin.

");
    }

Whats with that code? Did you see it somewhere on bitscalpers site?
Which would suggest they at least have a bitcoind..

Ente

legendary
I'm guessing their bitcoin client is crashed, see:

http://bitcoinmedia.com/merchant-developer-tutorial/

require_once('jsonRPCClient.php');
    $bitcoin = new jsonRPCClient('http://username:[email protected]:8332/');
    # now check for appropriate funds in user account
    try {
        $username = ...
        if(isset($_SESSION['sendaddress']))
            $sendaddress = $_SESSION['sendaddress'];
        else {
            $sendaddress = $bitcoin->getnewaddress($username);
            $_SESSION['sendaddress'] = $sendaddress;
        }
        $balance = $bitcoin->getbalance($username);
    }
    catch (Exception $e) {
        die("

");
    }

Whats with that code? Did you see it somewhere on bitscalpers site?
Which would suggest they at least have a bitcoind..

Ente
Activity: 360
Login is working again.
Money is still there and profit seems not to be affected.
My support email was answered by bitscalper.

Activity: 345
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227
Away on an extended break
Nah, unless someone deposited tons of coins that they think would be profitable, this site wouldn't end so fast...yet.
On one hand,

On the other hand,

http://bitscalper.com/p/disclosure
Activity: 482
Upon trying to login I get:

Looks like this scheme has run its course.
Pages:
Jump to: