Pages:
Author

Topic: BitShares PTS (formerly ProtoShares) Mandatory Upgrade & Snapshot Announcement - page 61. (Read 218419 times)

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030
Should see a lot fewer orphans after the difficulty adjustment in a few hours - hashes take 5 to 10 seconds to run, and we seem to be getting a new block every 30 to 60 seconds, so there's a 1/6 chance that someone else finds a block at about the same time you do. When difficulty adjusts, that should be more like 1/30. Difficulty is going to go way up though - there's been 5x or 10x more interest than anticipated.
legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1003
There is a bounty of 5k that may be increased have a shot , i don't think Rainbow tables is a work around as some one tried , but have a go i want to see how this progresses , I hope its valued highly due to the innovative nature  .

Well, i think so too. Thank for explanation. New coin has potential as well as Primecoin.
Activity: 770
Merit: 566
fractally
Looks like ProtoShares have established an initial price point of $2.50 recognized by multiple traders.

http://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=43.0
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
‘Try to be nice’
Sorry for my bad english. The algo based on Momentum Proof of Work is very interesting (innovating) at least for me and is very hardware consuming. We never seen similar before. I would like to ask some questions.
What kind of data is located in memory? I guess that it is some large hash tables (rainbow tables), am I right? Can we do the same thing without them?
It seems that project has been released ahead its time. The mining requirements are too high for the modern consumer CPU even without increasing difficulty.

There is a bounty of 5k that may be increased have a shot , i don't think Rainbow tables is a work around as some one tried , but have a go i want to see how this progresses , I hope its valued highly due to the innovative nature  .

A system like this would be perfect for bitfreak! mini block chain idea , i wonder why no one looked further at that  ?
legendary
UPD: some more +2 blocks. Total amount is 7 blocks.
Activity: 494
Merit: 250
A good CPU coin.

botnet and VPS are not useful.

If several clients use the same wallet

The QT-client will be down

Although may this is a bug of the client

I think its a good way to prevent the botnet.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
I only got 3 orphans @ 13.4 hashes per min Sad sad sad
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
found 2 blocks so far in 2 hours now, running at ~25hmp
legendary
Sorry for my bad english. The algo based on Momentum Proof of Work is very interesting (innovating) at least for me and is very hardware consuming. We never seen similar before. I would like to ask some questions.
What kind of data is located in memory? I guess that it is some large hash tables (rainbow tables), am I right? Can we do the same thing without them?
It seems that project has been released ahead its time. The mining requirements are too high for the modern consumer CPU even without increasing difficulty.
Activity: 695
Merit: 500
Anyway, it's just 468 blocks till the diff adjust

Hmm, wonder what will hapen when the difficulty adjusts, hope it will not get stuck then due to miners jumping off  Huh

The only reason miners would jump off is if the value of the coin were less than the cost of electricity to mine it.   I have confidence based upon the current bids/asks that difficulty will continue to climb for a while.

Well I guess we will have to wait and see, but it took me 17 hours to find 1 block (@ 2x 8.5 hpm)...now if it will be 7 times that hard, I don´t know if I will continiu to mine...but lets see and hope for the best Smiley
Anyways, why the heck did you chose such long dificulty adjutstmant periods?
fractally

Hmm, wonder what will hapen when the difficulty adjusts, hope it will not get stuck then due to miners jumping off  Huh

The only reason miners would jump off is if the value of the coin were less than the cost of electricity to mine it.   I have confidence based upon the current bids/asks that difficulty will continue to climb for a while.

Activity: 196
18.3 hpm mining through the night - 1 block  Angry

Anyway, it's just 468 blocks till the diff adjust, at that point I'll be getting a block every 5 days Sad
Activity: 128
where is the 64-bit client HuhHuh??  Angry
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
lucky bastard Cheesy

can anyone answer me if overclocking increases the speed or not?
Probably not by that much.
Memory bandwidth is ultimately the bottleneck.

yes, my old atom with 4gb ram is doing 3 hashes
my i7 mobile only 7.5

and the atom uses much less power and is way cheaper Wink i guess memory bandwith did not raise that mich as cpu power did
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
so one would have to overclock memory to get higher speeds?
fractally
lucky bastard Cheesy

can anyone answer me if overclocking increases the speed or not?
Probably not by that much.
Memory bandwidth is ultimately the bottleneck.
can anyone clearify this isnt harmful ?

my kaspersky detected this client as PDM.Invader (loader)

i dont know what it means but the message says  detected suspicious behavior

any ideas ?

I think its a false alarm....I and many others have been runing this the whole day and I have not experianced any bad behaviur with it Wink

By the way I found my first block!!!!!!!!
After 17 hours of mining with 17 hps!!!

Still looking to buy! make your sell offer here in my thred: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wtb-1000-pts-protoshares-325744
legendary
Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006
a 50 block coin thats really hard to mine. i hope buyers dont undervalue it

if anyone wants to send 1 or 2
PdQkEbQyvr8XxouUiVUZbW1c81skLkVEw2
See the giveaway thread.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
a 50 block coin thats really hard to mine. i hope buyers dont undervalue it

if anyone wants to send 1 or 2
PdQkEbQyvr8XxouUiVUZbW1c81skLkVEw2