Pages:
Author

Topic: Bladecenter H 2880W Breakout Boards. Selling from stock, limited time discount - page 7. (Read 34325 times)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10
What is the median price for those PSU and how loud are they ? Thanks Smiley

PSUs are usually around 50$ in the US, and noise level is like most of the server PSUs with fans, let's say vacuum cleaner.

Like a high pitched 16amp upright vacuum.  If you have thin walls, the sound will go right through.  You definitely cannot live in the same building with these.  It's well above 80db.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

PSUs are usually around 50$ in the US, and noise level is like most of the server PSUs with fans, let's say vacuum cleaner.

Thanks Smiley
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg
I am very interested in this supply.
I sent a PM about being involved in the next batch.
I am in the US.

There will be a US reseller for the boards, so you'll be able to save on shipping..

Thanks for the reply.

I can solder, have access to any wire type needed from probably 24 ga (probably smaller if we needed it) to 4/00. We have a department which prefabs all of our boxes and misc stuff. I should be doing more in there than buying these break out boards but they sincerely add functionality I would never take the time to add. I do not have anything from you yet, but I do have a couple of the GekkoScience boards with a few of the DSP2000s and plan on getting more.

Maybe I haven't looked in all the right places, but it seems like these larger power supplies are hard to find. Do you foresee a problem with finding replacements or adding more down the road? Do you have a "go to list" of dependable people?

I prefer dealing with folks I meet through the forum or people you recommend.

I am in the US.

There will be a US reseller for the boards, so you'll be able to save on shipping..
thank you!!
that's obviously exact the one.
Unfortunately they ship either big quantities only or shipping costs to europe are much higher than 1-2 connectors.

So as a workaround it still would be nice to find the correct names of these "6mm twin copper contacts " to find separate 4 plug female connectors may be at other vendors or shops?

I have some connectors for this PSU in hands.
I'll have a look tomorrow to be sure, but I should have at least 4 of them.
Part number: 51915-101LF.
Datasheet: http://download.siliconexpert.com/pdfs/2010/12/26/3/4/38/223/fci_/manual/51915-101.pdf

No stock anywhere

You'll need right angle ones since the PSU covers the power connector.
If you want to use at least 5 PSUs, drop me a PM, I can have breakout boards ready in 10 days for this PSU.
It was on my "maybe" list.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
thank you!!
Unfortunately they ship either big quantities only or shipping costs to europe are much higher than 1-2 connectors.

So as a workaround it still would be nice to find the correct names of these "6mm twin copper contacts " to find separate 4 plug female connectors may be at other vendors or shops?
Usually, digikey have free shipping when you hit a certain threshhold, all you need to do is get a few bits and bobs from them to make up that amount. But just like this thread, you can set up a group buy for your connector types, or offer them for re-sale on this board (I know I am going to be doing that soon!).

I am afraid I do not have any information as to the name of those twin copper contacts or whether you can get them separately, but the workaround I used up until the time I "discovered" the correct connectors for my server PSU was to solder the wires directly to the copper connecotrs. It worked very well then and still works on the units I've not have the chance to "upgrade" yet.
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
thank you!!

I spend 1-2 hours on these sites and did not find it 100% sure, because missing product pictures or drawings.

It would also help me to find the correct names of these "6mm twin copper contacts " to find seperate 4 plug female connectors. I Don't need perfect solution.
OK, thats a good image ... is it a dell PSU? If so then it most likely is an FCI connector and it is called an 8 power 24 data connector ... or that is what you search for on digi-key, I did a quick search and here goes ... hover over the images to see
http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?pv1003=67&FV=fff40016%2Cfff80442%2C1600015&mnonly=0&newproducts=0&ColumnSort=0&page=1&quantity=0&ptm=0&fid=0&pageSize=25

EDIT: I think one of these is your connector (on that search above). you need to make sure of the dimensions first though!:

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/6450150-6/A114238-ND/2327699

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/6-6450540-0/A109465-ND/4030682
I spend 1-2 hours on these sites and did not find it 100% sure, because missing product pictures or drawings.

It would also help me to find the correct names of these "6mm twin copper contacts " to find seperate 4 plug female connectors. I Don't need perfect solution.
anyone can give a hint, where and how to find the female connector for a 8 (4+4) -power style PSU like DSP1520?
Look on digi-key or farnell. You can also post an image here and I am sure if anyone knows where to source them you'll get advice. If you are posting an image, it would also be nice to read any text / branding on the connector and post it here .... the manufacturers are usually molex or FCI (branded powerblade or PWRBLADE).
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg
I am in the US.
anyone can give a hint, where and how to find the female connector for a 8 (4+4) -power style PSU like DSP1520?
Activity: 357
Merit: 250
Hi:

Do you know where i can find a cheap Bladecenter H PSU , i found delta 2000 on minersource with the price of 29 USD. But i prefer to look for a larger PSU with fan.

Thank you.

For the US market, there were a few of them available on Ebay, around 50$, I haven't checked recently.
The guy who will resell the boards for small orders in the US should also be able to sell the PSUs.
Activity: 357
Merit: 250
Hi:

Do you know where i can find a cheap Bladecenter H PSU , i found delta 2000 on minersource with the price of 29 USD. But i prefer to look for a larger PSU with fan.

Thank you.
First post updated with picture of the actual 22 PCI-E plugs design.
First boards with modded connectors shipped.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I can't believe how loud these are.  I have an extra PS, it looks like the top panel can be removed almost in one piece.  I have a buddy that can laser cut sheet metal.  I might have him cut out two openings  so I can put two 140mm fans on top.  I just dont know if the logic board will throw a fault because it doesn't detect the original fans to be on.

Here are some pics of how we made the harness. My buddy owns a cable manufacturing company and even using $120,000 of equipment, the time and effort was not worth it. I only made these because of the delivery time to get J4bberwock boards for the first 52 Antminer S5's. I highly recommend not even consider doing harnesses and just buy the boards.

The equipment we used  to do this project was an auto feed wire cutting and stripping machine that did all the 10 gauge black and reds. Then we used  an automatic stripping machine to get .6" on the pre-made PCIE wires we got from klondike_bar. An ultrasonic welder was use to join the wires. Had to use a 150 watt soldering iron to join the welded pads to the power supply.

There is also a shot of the power meter when the room was hot and the fans were at max, it was drawing 3785 watts.

3785 watts?  2880 with 94%n is 3053watts  how is it more?

I have no idea, going to test a few and see if they draw differently.
I do believe the power supply will work with out the fans. But if not cooled it will self distruct.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
I can't believe how loud these are.  I have an extra PS, it looks like the top panel can be removed almost in one piece.  I have a buddy that can laser cut sheet metal.  I might have him cut out two openings  so I can put two 140mm fans on top.  I just dont know if the logic board will throw a fault because it doesn't detect the original fans to be on.

Here are some pics of how we made the harness. My buddy owns a cable manufacturing company and even using $120,000 of equipment, the time and effort was not worth it. I only made these because of the delivery time to get J4bberwock boards for the first 52 Antminer S5's. I highly recommend not even consider doing harnesses and just buy the boards.

The equipment we used  to do this project was an auto feed wire cutting and stripping machine that did all the 10 gauge black and reds. Then we used  an automatic stripping machine to get .6" on the pre-made PCIE wires we got from klondike_bar. An ultrasonic welder was use to join the wires. Had to use a 150 watt soldering iron to join the welded pads to the power supply.

There is also a shot of the power meter when the room was hot and the fans were at max, it was drawing 3785 watts.

3785 watts?  2880 with 94%n is 3053watts  how is it more?
Pages:
Jump to: