Pages:
Author

Topic: Bladecenter H 2880W Breakout Boards. Selling from stock, limited time discount - page 9. (Read 34325 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

There will be a US distributor for the boards. In fact I'll ship him a big batch in the first days I'll have them ready so he can dispatch the boards for small orders locally.

And everything is ordered to make at least 250 boards for the first batch, so there will be a few left.

The DIY isnt that hard, the pinout to start the PSU is available on rcgroup. (A5 to ground to start, and B2 to 12v to start the fans)
Finding the good connector reference is sometimes harder, but the easy way to do it is to buy the power backplane that goes behind the PSU in the server.

I'm not an expert for the PSUs, but xandrios posted a great "how to" on rcgroup for dealing with unknown PSU

I've tried every search possible to locate the "power backplane" for that power supply. Do you know the part number or have any suggestions? It looks like it might be a part of the chasis backplane assembly, but of course we're only interested in the plugs/connectors for the psu.

It's a pain somewhere to find them, and they aren't cheap.
IBM 25R5780 BLADECENTER H CHASSIS MIDPLANE BOARD
around 200$ a piece for 4 connectors on each midplane

http://www.serverworlds.com/ibm-25r5780-h-chassis-midplane/
Activity: 39
Merit: 0

There will be a US distributor for the boards. In fact I'll ship him a big batch in the first days I'll have them ready so he can dispatch the boards for small orders locally.

And everything is ordered to make at least 250 boards for the first batch, so there will be a few left.

The DIY isnt that hard, the pinout to start the PSU is available on rcgroup. (A5 to ground to start, and B2 to 12v to start the fans)
Finding the good connector reference is sometimes harder, but the easy way to do it is to buy the power backplane that goes behind the PSU in the server.

I'm not an expert for the PSUs, but xandrios posted a great "how to" on rcgroup for dealing with unknown PSU

I've tried every search possible to locate the "power backplane" for that power supply. Do you know the part number or have any suggestions? It looks like it might be a part of the chasis backplane assembly, but of course we're only interested in the plugs/connectors for the psu.
First batch of 200 boards is closed.
There will be a few extra boards in stock after the batch will be shipped.
I'll also try to ship up to 20 boards during the last 2 weeks of january with modded main connectors while waiting for the correct reference.

The first boards with 22 PCI-E plugs will be in my hands by the middle of next week to check them before bulk ordering.

Deposit will be collected during next week.

Any luck on a US distributor yet? Please verify that I'm on the list for the 22 PCIE boards for at least 1, but if you have enough I'll take 3. I'm picking up on of these PSU's now. Thanks so much for developing this. I've been scouring rcgroups.com on how to do this myself. I saw your recent post there as well. It seems they have a lot of info on this type of work but not much on how to do it yourself for the BladeCenter H or any supply that will handle this type of load. Do you plan or would you consider sharing tips or how to's for the do-it-yourself electronics tinkerer in the future?

Thanks again!!

Activity: 39
I'll also try to ship up to 20 boards during the last 2 weeks of january with modded main connectors while waiting for the correct reference.

The first boards with 22 PCI-E plugs will be in my hands by the middle of next week to check them before bulk ordering.

Any luck on a US distributor yet? Please verify that I'm on the list for the 22 PCIE boards for at least 1, but if you have enough I'll take 3. I'm picking up on of these PSU's now. Thanks so much for developing this. I've been scouring rcgroups.com on how to do this myself. I saw your recent post there as well. It seems they have a lot of info on this type of work but not much on how to do it yourself for the BladeCenter H or any supply that will handle this type of load. Do you plan or would you consider sharing tips or how to's for the do-it-yourself electronics tinkerer in the future?

Thanks again!!

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Religion makes people more stupid than they are already...

I'll search a bit about the psu and maybe come back to ask for 2 bords Smiley

Thank you!
is this board and its components, strong enough for 300w per 6pin connector?

J4bberwock, i guess the answer is no?!

Sorry, I didn't see the message earlier and it was quite a sad day here in France  Cry

To answer your request, the board uses 4 layers of 2oz copper, so no worries there.

Each pin on the PCI-e connectors is rated 9A.
3pairs x 9A x 12v=324W
So, the answer is yes, and we should even have the manufacturer's safety margin on top of the 324w.

Second thing to consider, your PCI-E cables are using 9A crimp pins anyway, unless you asked specifically for the 45750 series pins rated 13A that I'm using on request for a few customers who want even more safety.

And don't forget that usually, you are speaking of 300W at the wall, and drawn by a bronze PSU, so less close to 250w drawn from the PSU.

I'll ask one of the early buyer who is running 2 boards @3000W since before Christmas how many cables/which miners he is using.

J4bberwock, i guess the answer is no?!
legendary
Activity: 910
I'd be interested in picking one of these up. Can you add me to the list? I'm located in the US if it matters.
Hey smracer,

Could you do me a favor and give me measurements of the IBM Blade center please.

Thanks

44cmx20cmx6cm
17.32"x7.87"x2.36"
The breakout board without the cables will add 2.5cm/1" to the total length
Activity: 14
Hey smracer,

Could you do me a favor and give me measurements of the IBM Blade center please.

Thanks
donator
Activity: 1055
Merit: 1020
I just got 50 of these bad boys in today.  Look how much bigger they are than the DPS-2000BB!

Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Count me in as well for 1 board. I would need cables too.
J4bberwock,

put me down for 1 as well..
You've been added to the list.

For now, I'm still waiting for 250 connectors from FCI.
To speed up delivery, I'm also looking to get second hand power midplanes/backplanes for the bladecenger H, but they are hard to get for cheap in Europe as I already bought all the "not too expensive" ones to build the 20 first boards.
I'm waiting for an answer from a broker that may have enough boards for 40-100 connectors.
I'm also trying to get some alternate references from FCI that will need some trimming of extra pins to fit the PSU.
If one of the alternate options works, that will allow me to deliver mid january for a first batch of boards.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
J4bberwock,

put me down for 1 as well..
Activity: 120
Merit: 100
Quote from: J4bberwock
Pricing will be 55$, I have over 100 reserved.

As for internal schematics, this PSU is quite undocumented. "external" pinout is available, but nothing else.
I'm not sure if they explained how to, but I've read somewhere that people were able to raise the voltage, I'll have a look if I can retrieve the data.

If you are interested in the 220v connector wired to EU plug (or with bare wire for you to put the plug you want), just send me a private message.

Hi!

Yes if you can find this out for me, that would be great!

The connectors make only sense if using both together. If i have to solder the 12V connectors, i can solder the 220V connector as well ... Wink

For the usage, I will use that PSU to power / "buffer" my car hifi equipment while being on a contest.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Martin

I'm looking to get a few extra connectors like the 20 first ones I've got for prototyping, but they aren't common, and they will cost around 20€ a piece. Currently waiting for a reply.
Activity: 3

As for internal schematics, this PSU is quite undocumented. "external" pinout is available, but nothing else.
I'm not sure if they explained how to, but I've read somewhere that people were able to raise the voltage, I'll have a look if I can retrieve the data.

If you are interested in the 220v connector wired to EU plug (or with bare wire for you to put the plug you want), just send me a private message.

Hi!

Yes if you can find this out for me, that would be great!

The connectors make only sense if using both together. If i have to solder the 12V connectors, i can solder the 220V connector as well ... Wink

For the usage, I will use that PSU to power / "buffer" my car hifi equipment while being on a contest.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Martin
Very nice looking! I am interested in one, possibly 2, of these boards. My setup is long overdue for a cleanup, and these will provide just the reason. Looking forward to updates and solid pricing.

Pricing will be 55$, I have over 100 reserved.
If you are in the US, I'm currently discussing with someone who will stock them to allow cheaper shipping on low quantity.
Pages:
Jump to: