Pages:
Author

Topic: Block Erupter Prisma (>=1.4 T/device, 0.75-0.78 W/G, <1 BTC/T, October Shipping) - page 3. (Read 107983 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
legendary
Activity: 1161
Merit: 1001
Don`t invest more than you can afford to lose
Here you have a setup for a prisma whit the BEe controller in the recent future i will make a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F35etPx79-0
legendary
Activity: 896
Hi,

Is there a how-to guide to setup BE Controller ? Or maybe to use a Raspberry Pi as controller ?
I got problems when trying to setup a controller for my Prisma. When i'm trying to connect to 192.168.0.254:8000 my browser says it can't connect to  it.

Thank you   Smiley

Did you get the BE controller from AM or did you get it from someone else?

192.168.0.254:8000 is default but someone else may have set it to a different IP address.  Try the reset button on the controller (hold for ~5s when powered on to reset the controller)

Others have had luck using Minera and a Raspberry Pi.  The latest version *should* have the latest AM cgminer fork installed.  Although you may want to verify this.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
Hi,

Is there a how-to guide to setup BE Controller ? Or maybe to use a Raspberry Pi as controller ?
I got problems when trying to setup a controller for my Prisma. When i'm trying to connect to 192.168.0.254:8000 my browser says it can't connect to  it.

Thank you   Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
My BE controllers are having problems,in terms that they stop hashing and I need to log into their interface and hit "resession", "wake up" into the statistics page before they start hashing again
This happens pretty often and it is very annoying, most of the time my prismas are not hashing most of the time because the controller is "stuck".
I have 2 controllers running 6 Prismas, I have managed to DMZ one to my router so I can access it from anywhere from the internet, but I can not access the second one, so when I am not home, my miners will most likely not mine !

Any solution?

Please help

Thanks in advance !

Ship them back for a refund and you should make a pretty decent profit.
legendary
Activity: 1120
My BE controllers are having problems,in terms that they stop hashing and I need to log into their interface and hit "resession", "wake up" into the statistics page before they start hashing again
This happens pretty often and it is very annoying, most of the time my prismas are not hashing most of the time because the controller is "stuck".
I have 2 controllers running 6 Prismas, I have managed to DMZ one to my router so I can access it from anywhere from the internet, but I can not access the second one, so when I am not home, my miners will most likely not mine !

Any solution?

Please help

Thanks in advance !
legendary
It would be nice to see someone comment on all the recent posts of miners failing, the RMA policies and so on. Besides the Prisma, whilst the competitors have announced unofficially there upcoming products, I am curious to see what will replace the Prisma.

LoL you really expect a reply from AM? They obviously do not care enough to reply to us. I hope when the gen 4 comes out people treat it like Avalon and just ignore it.

+1000

I know I will ignore. AM are a bunch of scum-bags selling GARBAGE!! and yes I mean their "shares" as well. Their chips have always run HOT, remember the USBs. So now they have taken their half-ass engineering and applied it to larger machines, thus the fires. Friedcat is an idiot and iASICMiner is an awful marketer, shipper, and manufacturer.

NEVER AGAIN F@CKCAT, NEVER AGAIN!

It's never too late to say you're sorry.

Sorry for what? they shipped garbage miners that could potentially cause a fire. I am glad they apologized and are taking them back though. I will never be buying AM hardware again though...just not worth the risk to save a little bit on them.
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
I sold my amhash shares the other day.. saving up for a spondoolies sp35.. a little over 1/3 of the way there

Not using any of my money, just mining proceeds.. I should have enough before the end of the month Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
It would be nice to see someone comment on all the recent posts of miners failing, the RMA policies and so on. Besides the Prisma, whilst the competitors have announced unofficially there upcoming products, I am curious to see what will replace the Prisma.

LoL you really expect a reply from AM? They obviously do not care enough to reply to us. I hope when the gen 4 comes out people treat it like Avalon and just ignore it.

+1000

I know I will ignore. AM are a bunch of scum-bags selling GARBAGE!! and yes I mean their "shares" as well. Their chips have always run HOT, remember the USBs. So now they have taken their half-ass engineering and applied it to larger machines, thus the fires. Friedcat is an idiot and iASICMiner is an awful marketer, shipper, and manufacturer.

NEVER AGAIN F@CKCAT, NEVER AGAIN!

It's never too late to say you're sorry.
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
Plz every buyer who want to returned purchase your Prisma  keeps paying attention to this thread:    https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/block-erupter-prisma-compensation-and-buy-back-plan-889147

we will start buying back all Prsima we have sold out immedietly once our EU/US receiving person are ready.  For china mainland buyers, plz simply contacted us through QQ:1327573930      . In addition, since this Prisma buy-back plan has no time limitation so far, please dont worry about time so much, we are going to refund you anyway.

PS: plz contact us through mail : [email protected]  ,since the BTT has already been blocked by china mainland .
legendary

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Friedcat and company you are all worthless pieces of scamming shit, I hope you get your taste of Karma and it hurts like a bitch. Fuck head scammers, how can you sleep at night!
Activity: 379
Merit: 250
That is f^cking awesome!
Go Asicminer!!

U R A POS, hang yourself you shill!

Wow!  How could I have missed this post? 
Asicminer is one of the best companies in the Bitcoin mining hardware business and I've dealt with many of them.
I get paid nothing for my views and have never been paid anything for my sig.  So I might be a POS but I'm not a shill.  I have a feeling your nature gets in the way of successfully dealing with your RMA.  Why don't you post the e-mails you have written to AM for RMA along with the details of your purchase and I'll try to help you out and direct them to where they should go.   

I have dealt with them ALL since 2010, and AM is by far the WORST manufacturer I have dealt with. Oh yeah even BFL,  BFL stood behind their product and PAID FOR RETURNS and had a CLEAR RMA process. AM has gone to SH!T since the Turd(tube), it was a cluster fuck before but this is just dangerous. They need to stay with USB sticks, seems overheating chips is their forte.

Emailed [email protected] on

Oct. 07, 2014
Board is powered, connected with ribbons, and proper switch settings. Just up and DIED!
[Picture of Jet Stratum Miner screen shot]

Oct. 28, 2014
Okay well now I am at 4 failed boards so I can NOW "afford" to ship them back. Please advise as to the RMA process so I can get these turds, um boards replaced and this equipment sold out of my mine.

Dec. 3, 2014
Date of purchase = August 14th, 2014
BTC payment address = 1NNRhkL7yWRCZHTGsqbZEwsAezcSK5d7BL
# of Tube boards broken = 4
Received = August 25th, 2014
[Picture of Label]

BTC Wallet = 135Zy1kvWpNvUNUniGnGKv3JVLctvppMJF

PM'd

You sent it to the wrong address, UGH!

you shipped to 52720...  somewhere in IOWA...

Anyway thanks... MAYBE get it net week.

A second board has "fried" I have not been to DC yet to see what happened but she is out like a light.

Well after disassembling them, reversing the "handles", and adding another fan I have gotten the under performers to step up 10-15%. As for the burned up board, I am NOT going to pay $100+ to ship this card back, that is retarded. These heat mongers will barely ROI as it is to double the price would make that impossible. Here are the shipping quotes below;

Please advise...

Out of 40 boards 10 are severely under performing and I had 1 start on fire today.

Please Advise on how to RMA these defective/dangerous boards?
[NAME, ADDRESS, AND PHONE]

I ordered on 8/14/2014 to address 1NNRhkL7yWRCZHTGsqbZEwsAezcSK5d7BL for 9.7083 BTC

Any idea "when" they will ship?
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
That is f^cking awesome!
Go Asicminer!!

U R A POS, hang yourself you shill!

Wow!  How could I have missed this post? 
Asicminer is one of the best companies in the Bitcoin mining hardware business and I've dealt with many of them.
I get paid nothing for my views and have never been paid anything for my sig.  So I might be a POS but I'm not a shill.  I have a feeling your nature gets in the way of successfully dealing with your RMA.  Why don't you post the e-mails you have written to AM for RMA along with the details of your purchase and I'll try to help you out and direct them to where they should go.   
Activity: 379
Merit: 250
No Emails, No PM, No explanation on RMA. HEY FRIEDCAT or PHASEBIRD are you still alive or did the mass kill you yet?

Trying to RMA these POS fire hazards...
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
I'm on windows right now i don't have a linux machine I tried a live boot debian usb but am having trouble with the secure boot crap on my pc.

You can use virtual box, then install ubuntu  Smiley
I already test this on the past & they work great.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
I'm on windows right now i don't have a linux machine I tried a live boot debian usb but am having trouble with the secure boot crap on my pc.
legendary
Activity: 1161
Don`t invest more than you can afford to lose

I am using the cgminer 4.8.0 compiled for linux works great, but the overcloack options dosen`t work.
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
Thanks for the tips novak. I am using a 4.7 build right now but guess i'll have to track down a rpi. This has been a bit of a frustrating intro to mining.

4.7?  Is that on linux or windows?  I was hoping that the bugs were just in that one cgminer version by ASICMiner.  I haven't run a prisma much off a desktop linux machine, but you ought to be able set up any linux machine in a manner not substantially different from an RPi, so you can test without investing more money or waiting.  If you don't have any linux machines just grab a liveCD or live USB stick for testing.

--
novak
Pages:
Jump to: