Pages:
Author

Topic: Block Erupter Prisma (>=1.4 T/device, 0.75-0.78 W/G, <1 BTC/T, October Shipping) - page 5. (Read 107983 times)

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
Agreed too little too late...

I just do not get this company...how they can not do simple tasks such as support and a forum presence. From what I can tell they only advertise these via a website (broken English to say the least) and here. I for one will not be buying anything from this company again after this experience (also had a bad controller on tube).
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
Phasebird, as an AM shareholder, I think this is not simply not good enough. You have only addressed a part of the problem. The other part of the problem is your lack of communication. You should be checking this forum multiple times per day and should probably be making at least one post here a day.

It you can't do this, then you need to find someone who can. Your lack of communication has pretty much destroyed AM's reputation in my opinion.

As a customer with a batch of these miners, I agree. Several of the miners arrived damaged and we had to solder ourselves to even get hashing in the first place, after a month delay in even receiving the hardware. I do appreciate the offer to RMA, and I'm glad for the additional details since our original email didn't say anything about sending boards back without heatsinks, or that ASICMiner would pay shipping. I also appreciate the payment for the downtime.

However, at this point, I don't want refurbished boards returned. We have taken on a lot of undesired risk by running these Prismas in our mine, and the risk greatly exceeds the reward, because if there is a fire, we have the potential to lose all of our capital invested in mining. We have taken reasonable precautions by isolating our Prismas, and putting them on a flame retardant, but this is not what we signed up for when we bought the Prismas.

We do understand the modular nature of the Prisma, and that is one of its great strengths. The cost per board was 0.3725 BTC. Using your numbers below, in the month of October each hashing board should have mined 0.10 BTC, during the month of November each board should have mined 0.08 BTC, and if they are run through the month of December, they may mine 0.06 BTC.

I want to ship back the boards that we have, which have never worked since being delivered to us, and receive back 0.6125 BTC for loaning ASICMiner a considerable sum of money on a terribly failed product. You can keep the board and mine on it yourself. If additional boards fail, then we will request compensation of the original cost 0.3725 plus 0.1 BTC for the headache of dealing with down miners, the threat of fire, and the inability to resell something for fear of burning down someone's residence.

In the future, I'd recommend this sort of damage control to occur within days, not months, of launch. This is a perfect example of too little, far too late. In fact, it's an absurd attempt by Phasebird to try to salvage the situation after so many weeks of not replying to anything on this forum, all the way down to his hardware causing small housefires. It is entirely unacceptable and shameful for ASICMiner to put their name behind this.

I agree with both Mabsark and praeluceo 100%.

I really do appreciate the offer of RMA.  I will take the offer up with Canary since that is who I bought from.  But I really don't want any replacement boards.

I have serious concerns about fire with the prisma.  If I had a steel shed, with outside ventilation in the middle of winter with a box fan on the prisma, then maybe I'll take the risk.

Activity: 123
Merit: 100
Phasebird, as an AM shareholder, I think this is not simply not good enough. You have only addressed a part of the problem. The other part of the problem is your lack of communication. You should be checking this forum multiple times per day and should probably be making at least one post here a day.

It you can't do this, then you need to find someone who can. Your lack of communication has pretty much destroyed AM's reputation in my opinion.

As a customer with a batch of these miners, I agree. Several of the miners arrived damaged and we had to solder ourselves to even get hashing in the first place, after a month delay in even receiving the hardware. I do appreciate the offer to RMA, and I'm glad for the additional details since our original email didn't say anything about sending boards back without heatsinks, or that ASICMiner would pay shipping. I also appreciate the payment for the downtime.

However, at this point, I don't want refurbished boards returned. We have taken on a lot of undesired risk by running these Prismas in our mine, and the risk greatly exceeds the reward, because if there is a fire, we have the potential to lose all of our capital invested in mining. We have taken reasonable precautions by isolating our Prismas, and putting them on a flame retardant, but this is not what we signed up for when we bought the Prismas.

We do understand the modular nature of the Prisma, and that is one of its great strengths. The cost per board was 0.3725 BTC. Using your numbers below, in the month of October each hashing board should have mined 0.10 BTC, during the month of November each board should have mined 0.08 BTC, and if they are run through the month of December, they may mine 0.06 BTC.

I want to ship back the boards that we have, which have never worked since being delivered to us, and receive back 0.6125 BTC for loaning ASICMiner a considerable sum of money on a terribly failed product. You can keep the board and mine on it yourself. If additional boards fail, then we will request compensation of the original cost 0.3725 plus 0.1 BTC for the headache of dealing with down miners, the threat of fire, and the inability to resell something for fear of burning down someone's residence.

In the future, I'd recommend this sort of damage control to occur within days, not months, of launch. This is a perfect example of too little, far too late. In fact, it's an absurd attempt by Phasebird to try to salvage the situation after so many weeks of not replying to anything on this forum, all the way down to his hardware causing small housefires. It is entirely unacceptable and shameful for ASICMiner to put their name behind this.
legendary
Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000
I know it doesn't make any sense.....

Actually it does. Parameters of electronic components can vary alot in the function of temperature. Maybe some components are poorly selected and with heatup (or cooldown) they parameters are off limits and something starts to oscillate. 
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1004
Phasebird, as an AM shareholder, I think this is simply not good enough. You have only addressed a part of the problem. The other part of the problem is your lack of communication. You should be checking this forum multiple times per day and should probably be making at least one post here a day.

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
That is f^cking awesome!
Go Asicminer!!
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
Update on 2014-12-02:

Compensation scheme for previous buyers&customers:

Due to a lot of problems (factory`s faults + bugs of controllers + delivery damages) ,we have received so far a lot of user feedback, focusing on saying that our miners are in unstable working conditions/cannot start hashing at all,or even got burned.

We apologize here again for all inconvenience we possibly brought to you.

We are solving the problems by changing factories,strengthening the tests,debugging our firmware ..etc ,at the moment,things are going well,our new batch of Prisma are under test and working well so far.

The compensation scheme for all previous benefit-lost-buyers caused by quality problems of our Prisma miners is the following:

1. All problem products such as hashing boards,controllers, fans, data wires are changable. Please mail them to this address:

ADD:UNIT 10-11,20/F.,RICKY CENTRE,36 CHONG YIP STREET,KWUN TONG,KOWLOON,HONG KONG.
TEL:00852-35688889
Contacts:MISS  LI

(We will surely cover the shipping fees but please help disassembling the heat sinks, which is the most heavy and expensive part for shipping,and keep them with you.)

2. A sum of compensation fee will be given to all broken miners buyers. Calculation method follows: (Theoretical daily income with your broken boards of Prisma`s hashrate - actual daily income with real hashrate) * Number of days between the date you received your old Prismas to the date you will have received replaced boards again. Each prisma board is calculated as 287W and 350GH/s. The electricity fee is calculated as 0.1$/KWH.

BTW:We will account your compensation fee with a calculater such as this one: http://www.iasicminer.com/index.php/action-channel-name-counteren

We will check the real hashrate of your broken Prisma boards shipped back.

We can only do it after you receiving your new boards because we can not know your receiving day in advance.

You can get your compensation fee by email us to [email protected] with the following information and format:

* Personal info,shipping address,tel number
* Date of buying our Prisma
* Your previous individual/exclusive btc payment address
* Number of broken Prsima boards (have to be fit well with the number you shipped back)
* Date you received your miners,date of shipping back
* The picture of the shipping label with the shipping price on it
* Your btc receivable address (it will be best to be the one you paid to us before)

If you bought from resellers, please do this with them directly.
If you were our big buyers (100+ sets order) or resellers,and your broken boards are more than 20 boards per 400 boards,please contact us through email directly.‍
Activity: 120
I know it doesn't make any sense. Maybe someone has an idea at what is really going on here but it sure isn't me.  Huh This explains why some people find it hard to restart these prismas; they are in a cold room and have cooled off and need to warm up again. After rebooting and fighting it randomly starts to work, only because it has warmed up enough. Ignoring errors, power downs, non-hashing, until the heatsink is warm to the touch, only then will the power downs go away and so do the errors and boards start to hash.

I could throw open the vent to one of my mining rooms that has 2 prisma arrays and the cold air will put them offline within an hour. That room is too hot now for my cointerras(most heat sensitive miner I have) but the Antminers don't care either way.
legendary
Activity: 1190
So fighting with these machines for several weeks now I have found out a couple things:

1. These things are so temp sensitive that I don't see them running autonomously without being installed in a climate controlled environment. Not the heat - but the cold. If I fire them up from cold, or I turn on the vent to full, they will cool down to the point of not even hashing. They don't start to hash halfway stably until the room hits at least 70F+. I shut off the vent for too long and it overheats everything else. This makes me feel like I'm dancing on a wire rope.

2. IR Gun every hashing boards and look for boards that are running 2X+ times as hot as normal hashing boards. These need to be pulled as fire hazard, they may be affected by #3

3. The laminate on the bottom of the pcb/hashing board is VERY thin. One scratch here will reveal the copper substrate inside the pcb and will invariably lead to a short to the heatsink and fire is likely.

I run cointerras, S1, S2, S3, S4, BFL, BTCGarden, ZeusMiners in every flavor, Gridseed G-Blacks, SP20's... This was my very first RMA, flame out and hardware exploding miner, power supplies excluded.

Ok, point 1 is very ridiculous.  I already read other said the same thing, i thought he is only joking.
Now i need to believe even if i can't find the reason for such behavior.
Activity: 120
So fighting with these machines for several weeks now I have found out a couple things:

1. These things are so temp sensitive that I don't see them running autonomously without being installed in a climate controlled environment. Not the heat - but the cold. If I fire them up from cold, or I turn on the vent to full, they will cool down to the point of not even hashing. They don't start to hash halfway stably until the room hits at least 70F+. I shut off the vent for too long and it overheats everything else. This makes me feel like I'm dancing on a wire rope.

2. IR Gun every hashing boards and look for boards that are running 2X+ times as hot as normal hashing boards. These need to be pulled as fire hazard, they may be affected by #3

3. The laminate on the bottom of the pcb/hashing board is VERY thin. One scratch here will reveal the copper substrate inside the pcb and will invariably lead to a short to the heatsink and fire is likely.

I run cointerras, S1, S2, S3, S4, BFL, BTCGarden, ZeusMiners in every flavor, Gridseed G-Blacks, SP20's... This was my very first RMA, flame out and hardware exploding miner, power supplies excluded.

legendary
Activity: 1161
Don`t invest more than you can afford to lose
if you have any questions , please contact us (ASICMINER sales) : email : [email protected] /  [email protected]

HAHA yeah cause that will help...NOT

He got the refund from CrazyGuy not AM (CrazyGuy has been great during this fiasco trying to help us suckers out who bought this garbage miner).

Edit:
If they would have handled it like the other sellers (SP-Tech and Bitmain for example) offered some compensation and said "hey guys we know there is issues, and we will get new boards out ASAP" then it would not be such an issue. What we got is completely ignored by them...they obviously do not care.

I'm in the same situation.  I paid, with shipping from Canary, ~1.6 BTC and the prisma won't hash at more than ~300 gh/s and it will shutdown after about 45 minutes.  I've pretty much figured that it is a complete loss.

The prisma is complete crap.  I will never buy another AM product again.

I agree 100% with the text in black.

I-am verry happy whit prisma using the USB UART and getting around 1.35 TH/s on ghash works fine a little bit loud but no problem Smiley

legendary
Activity: 896
if you have any questions , please contact us (ASICMINER sales) : email : [email protected] /  [email protected]

He got the refund from CrazyGuy not AM (CrazyGuy has been great during this fiasco trying to help us suckers out who bought this garbage miner).

Edit:
If they would have handled it like the other sellers (SP-Tech and Bitmain for example) offered some compensation and said "hey guys we know there is issues, and we will get new boards out ASAP" then it would not be such an issue. What we got is completely ignored by them...they obviously do not care.

I'm in the same situation.  I paid, with shipping from Canary, ~1.6 BTC and the prisma won't hash at more than ~300 gh/s and it will shutdown after about 45 minutes.  I've pretty much figured that it is a complete loss.

The prisma is complete crap.  I will never buy another AM product again.

I agree 100% with the text in black.

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

Edit:
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
I wanted to buy these to, very sorry to see all the problems for other buyers, it was a bit expected, since I investigated and this seems to happen a lot to Prisma's, along with the mining bugs, still no-one deserves this... Sad

same here, im avoiding them
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
if you have any questions , please contact us (ASICMINER sales) : email : [email protected][email protected]
legendary
Activity: 938
BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR
I wanted to buy these to, very sorry to see all the problems for other buyers, it was a bit expected, since I investigated and this seems to happen a lot to Prisma's, along with the mining bugs, still no-one deserves this... Sad
Activity: 67
We will send to the agent some good boards, If you are in what they buy ,please contact to him.

Does this include the group buy from CrazyGuy? I have a prisma that caught on fire 11/10, was sent back and cleared Hong Kong customs 11/18.

I feel sorry dude, but it seem that something spill to the board. Look like coffee residue.

Not sure if your joking or serious but that's the board that was facing down and caught on fire after running a few days at 220mhz in a cool well ventilated space.

My mistake, sorry. The temperature must be very high to cause such burn.

It was about 75f.

Are you sure it's 75 F not 75 C ?
75 F / 24 C is cooler than our body temperature. Did burn come from leaked capacitor then?
Just realize that some of other BE200 been puffed-up. The temperature on BE200 top side must be very high.

75f was the ambient temp, the components were much hotter than that. My suspicion is that there was a short on the back side against the heatsink.
Activity: 209
Well I got good results with mine> but  a really finicky machine.

I could do 1400gh with 1200 watts  all day and all night long.

but It :

1)needed extra fan for cooling.
 2) would not underclock and hold the settings.   if I set it at lower freq it would start at 950 watts and 1100 gh and over night be 1050 watts and 1200gh

I did not feel I could travel away from it and leave it alone.  I do this with my s-3's and now with my sp20's

I go on short 2 day trips and the antminers and spondoolies hold onto the underclocks.

I turned mine back in for a small loss.

oh not to mention I had to close my garage door to warm the room to get it to start.  

then open the garage door to keep it cool enough to run.

A lot of work for me.  Plus the fear of burning.  I just could not do a proper setup with it.

Now on a side note these were lucky gear for me.  I really wanted sp20's but they were 1100 usd when this prisma came out.
 So I went cheap purchased the prisma and the sp20's dropped over 400 bucks in price.  
So I lost 50 bucks on this and saved 400 on the sp20  net 350usd gain.  I was lucky with the short tubes as well.

Did you return it to AM for a partial refund?  If so, who did you talk with at AM?

Refund from AM? Are you joking? I'd be very suprised if anyone even manages to successfully communicate with those fuckers, let alone RMA.

If you are reading this researching and thinking about purchasing this miner. DON'T. For this price range get a few S3+(for home) or SP20(for data center). Stay away from this miner.
legendary
Activity: 1190
We will send to the agent some good boards, If you are in what they buy ,please contact to him.

Does this include the group buy from CrazyGuy? I have a prisma that caught on fire 11/10, was sent back and cleared Hong Kong customs 11/18.

I feel sorry dude, but it seem that something spill to the board. Look like coffee residue.

Not sure if your joking or serious but that's the board that was facing down and caught on fire after running a few days at 220mhz in a cool well ventilated space.

It was about 75f.

Are you sure it's 75 F not 75 C ?
75 F / 24 C is cooler than our body temperature. Did burn come from leaked capacitor then?
Just realize that some of other BE200 been puffed-up. The temperature on BE200 top side must be very high.
Activity: 67

It was about 75f.
Pages:
Jump to: