Pages:
Author

Topic: Blocktrail.com | Wallet | Explorer | API - page 4. (Read 32005 times)

legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282
September 05, 2016, 02:57:42 PM
Blocktrail.com's explorer is buggy. I recently got a transaction of 0.3BTC into my wallet, and after it confirmed, Blocktrail.com still showed that there was an unconfirmed transaction of 0.3BTC, and showed my balance +0.3BTC.

There are also times when it doesn't shown an unconfirmed transaction in the transaction tab even though if you open the transactions tab, it is shown.
legendary
Activity: 1492
Merit: 1021
September 05, 2016, 08:55:33 AM
Is anyone else running into sync programs right now?

We're not seeing our wallet balance updated, and when attempting to send coins we get the "Input not found" error.

I'm glad we got that working for you, thanks for your patience.
legendary
Activity: 1833
Merit: 1030
September 03, 2016, 08:12:52 AM
Is anyone else running into sync programs right now?

We're not seeing our wallet balance updated, and when attempting to send coins we get the "Input not found" error.

staff
Activity: 3472
Merit: 6129
August 27, 2016, 03:33:41 AM
hello in blocktrail com use service private key for client or not
i can't see privat key in blocktrail

You can't get your private keys as It's a multi-signature wallet otherwise, It wouldn't make much sense to hold both private keys. But you are still the owner of the wallet , which means Black trail couldn't spend anything without you however If Blocktrail goes down for one reason or another you could restore your wallet .

If Blocktrail is ever unavailable you are always able to restore your wallet using the Blocktrail backup recovery document. This document is not specific to Blocktrail, and can work with Bitcoin-core directly.

More on the FAQ : https://www.blocktrail.com/faq
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
August 26, 2016, 07:07:59 PM
hello in blocktrail com use service private key for client or not
i can't see privat key in blocktrail
staff
August 26, 2016, 11:09:10 AM
Hi ,

I switched to BTC.com as the email requested to but It seems like there is something wrong, I received some bitcoin and when I click "see on btc" on the transaction details here :

I'm getting redirected to this NotFound page : https://btc.com/notfound
As you can see on the details , confirmations number is correct and the transaction shows without issues on blockchain.info  
TX ID If you want to take a closer look : 81acc5f6075d425f5f4a1ae75cbae919fa5737a5e72a5f359421fd4ce12485ea

EDIT : "Received from" is also bugged as It should show the bitcoin address you receive bitcoins from.
legendary
August 26, 2016, 05:35:33 AM

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
August 26, 2016, 02:15:14 AM
I have made updating bloctrail.com to BTC.com in my App android because of there is announcement via email and everything went fine and clear. I think you must try and we can make discussion about it.
Activity: 500
Merit: 250
August 24, 2016, 05:21:20 AM
I read somewhere that blocktrail.com is bought by BITMAIN now  so will there be any changes in agreement with customers/users?
legendary
August 24, 2016, 05:19:38 AM
after read your reviewed, I try to opening account in blocktrail.com, but i want to know, why my address always change without receive bitcoin?

That's how HD wallets work, they are much safer than just using one wallet address! You can always reuse one wallet address if you like.
staff
August 24, 2016, 02:35:11 AM
after read your reviewed, I try to opening account in blocktrail.com, but i want to know, why my address always change without receive bitcoin?

It's an HD wallet like Multibit new version, to keep you secure and annonymous , a new address will be generated for every new transaction. (If someone send you funds to one of your old generated addresses then you still will receive them btw)

i want to ask where i can see private key
in blockrail wallet service
or not service about private key

You can 't , at least not for the moment. Keep in mind that this is a Multi signature . See here FAQ for more info : https://www.blocktrail.com/faq

How does Blocktrail use multi-signature ?
Transactions from your Blocktrail wallet are co-signed both by you on your device, and by BlockTrail. When you enable two-factor authentication, BlockTrail only signs transactions which you have authenticated on your secondary device. Using multi-signature transactions and multi-device authentication allows Blocktrail to provide you with the highest level of security for your Bitcoin.
Activity: 84
August 24, 2016, 12:44:53 AM
i want to ask where i can see private key
in blockrail wallet service
or not service about private key
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
August 23, 2016, 10:14:12 PM
legendary
August 23, 2016, 03:59:13 AM
Hello, since a  new address is generated every time a transaction is completed, is it possible to use the same bitcoin address for every transaction?

Hello,

Yes you can use the same bitcoin address for every transaction. We don't recommend it though.

Blocktrail/BTC.com provides HD wallets for the safety and privacy of our users.
Activity: 98
August 22, 2016, 12:59:45 PM
Hello, since a  new address is generated every time a transaction is completed, is it possible to use the same bitcoin address for every transaction?

All generated addresses are your own , If we assume that you saved one of the generated addresses from the "Receive tab" in a text file , and you keep giving it each time to people so they send funds there ... you will receive the sent funds to your wallet without any issues.
This answer is valid for every HD wallet out there and not only Blocktrail btw.

Alright, thanks for that Omega!
staff
August 22, 2016, 12:58:19 PM

All generated addresses are your own , If we assume that you saved one of the generated addresses from the "Receive tab" in a text file , and you keep giving it each time to people so they send funds there ... you will receive the sent funds to your wallet without any issues.
This answer is valid for every HD wallet out there and not only Blocktrail btw.
Activity: 98
August 22, 2016, 12:54:55 PM
legendary
August 22, 2016, 12:51:45 PM

neutraLTC

I am looking at alternatives to the blockchain.info online wallet.

One thing I did not see addressed at blocktrail.com is whether or not I can import Private Keys (so as to "sweep" BTC from other wallets into a blocktrail one).

Is that possible and easy to do?

Hey OROBTC,

Good to hear that you are considering Blocktrail/BTC.com. We would suggest for you to just send all the bitcoin you intend to sweep to a Blocktrail/BTC.com wallet.

Blocktrail wallet is a multi-signature HD wallet, so recovering - or retrieving in your case - your bitcoins using a different wallet isn't as simple as just importing private keys, the wallet which would import the private keys would need to have some extra code to understand how the multisig HD is structured and the same for other multisig HD wallets (because they're all slightly different).

The reason why exporting private keys doesn't make sense anymore with most modern wallets is because they are HD (hierarchical deterministic)*, the fact that exporting private keys is such a horrible backup solution is actually the whole reason why HD wallets were invented.

* Source: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Deterministic_wallet "A deterministic wallet is a system of deriving keys from a single starting point known as a seed. The seed allows a user to easily back up and restore a wallet without needing any other information and can in some cases allow the creation of public addresses without the knowledge of the private key."

I hope that answers your question. Smiley

Thanks and let me know if you have any other doubts or whatever.
legendary
August 22, 2016, 05:45:33 AM
Hey all,

Email's have been sent to winners, please click the link and choose your prize. Thanks for participating!

Make sure to stay tuned as we will be giving away many other stuff!

BTC.com team
staff
August 20, 2016, 02:19:09 AM

neutraLTC

I am looking at alternatives to the blockchain.info online wallet.

One thing I did not see addressed at blocktrail.com is whether or not I can import Private Keys (so as to "sweep" BTC from other wallets into a blocktrail one).

Is that possible and easy to do?

I couldn't tell you much about the phone version but for what comes to the online wallet , It's not possible as the wallet is Multi-signature , It's impossible to import or export any private keys.
Pages:
Jump to: