Pages:
Author

Topic: 🔺👽💊💰💀 (BOB) OFFICIAL SubGenius CryptoCurrency - DobbsCoin (BOB) 🔫💰💋👽🔺 - page 14. (Read 45548 times)

Activity: 439
Merit: 250
mmmmmm
I'm Earlz, and I approve of Dobbscoin Cheesy

Also, yes I've code reviewed it, and it's safe.. but I've been too much of a slacker to bother writing anything down
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
The End Times are Upon Us
What's goin on with (BOB)?

A couple things are in the works actually:

The new 'white paper' is about to 'drop,
     In conjunction with the official announcement of The Dobbscoin Marketplace.
     And I think there's an Android Wallet in the works,
       but there's some technical issues with our genesis block ..or so I'm told.

Main: http://dobbscoin.info
Forums: http://dobbscoin.info/smf
POOL: http://pool.dobbscoin.info
The Dobbscoin Marketplace: http://www.dobbscoin.com

KEEP POSTED HERE FOR DETAILS
- and if you haven't already:

Send $35
The SubGenius Foundation
P.O. Box 181417
Cleveland Hts, OH 44118-1417

- I'm just say'n..

Activity: 107
Merit: 59
FUCK THE CONSPIRACY
Contact Aliens Both Benevolent And Evil!
"Bob" is. "Bob" becomes. "Bob" is not. Nothing is; Nothing becomes; Nothing is not.
Thus: Nothing Is Everything. Therefore: Everything is "Bob."

Abracadabra

What's goin on with (BOB)?
Activity: 107
Merit: 59
FUCK THE CONSPIRACY
i can't open this pool..

I had the same issue with minerpools - It seemed as if the site didn't resolve:

This webpage is not available
The webpage at https://bob.minerpools.com/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

It opened just fine in another browser. - idunno what's up with that.

There's actually THREE "BOB" Pools now:

Activity: 808
Merit: 1014
what's odd if the post op is dated: September 22, 2014, 11:43:08 AM

but the block chain goes back to the beginning of 2014
Yes it has been around for a while and on quite a few exchanges
what exchanges?

Llisted several times in posts on this very same page, are BOTH: The pool and the current Exchanges (BOB) is on.

As for the date of this OP post and the age of this coin: (BOB) was 'launched' in January 2014 to Members of the Church of the SubGenius; as (BOB) is our very own 'private community currency'. This is just a new & moderated thread, as the Conspiring Overpopulation of trolls have a virtual strangle hold on bitcointalk.org and ruin good project coin threads like ours for sport. This thread was created, so that we can better control our announcements and discuss the project with a minimum of disruptive coin FUD.  

THIS LINK will give you a more proper introduction to the projects timeline. If you are interested in this project: please drop everything you are considering and actually go investigate, read and research the available information on our Home Page, the OP post above.  
legendary
Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001

Yes it has been around for a while and on quite a few exchanges
Activity: 266

legendary
Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001
I remember getting a plethora of this coin when you could mine tons of it with a 350 kh Gridseed

I always thought it was cool and a fun little project
Activity: 439
mmmmmm
Btw, if you want me to code review a coin, 10K BOB will get your request expedited Smiley
GET SLACK NOW

(BOB) Dobbscoin is the Officially Approved Crypto-Currency of the Church of the SubGenius,
a TWENTY+ Year old UFO/SEX Cult/Parody Religion that targets many better known belief systems.

The Church of the SubGenius teaches a complex belief system that focuses on the message of the clip-art Deity, J. R. "Bob" Dobbs, shining the light upon The Global Conspiracy (Cliques Of Normals Secretly Planning Insidious Rituals Aimed at Controlling You). And of course, what 'religion'/Cult would be complete without Aliens, tons of SEX and a grand Armageddon scenario.
More: Wikipedia

Mandatory UPGRADE (Hard Fork) Required @ Block 31597
Something just had to be changed, in the way (BOB) does it's Math..

PLEASE UPGRADE YOUR WALLETS or else be unable to sync with the network after block #31597.

If you don't upgrade your wallet, the transactions you create by sending and receiving (BOB) will not be recognized by the network. As you may be well aware.. we've been having a problem with LONG BLOCKS, caused by EXTREMLY HIGH DIFFICULTY brought on by 'The Conspiracy' & drive-by-hashers, throwing it at us, and then going away: This is about to be rectified. We're calling the solution DobbsShield, as it's an implementation of the same technology other coins use, and was originally developed under the name DigiShield.

(BOB) makes an average of 144 BLOCKS a day, one ever ten minutes,
and each one is worth 50 (BOB); this will not change.

We're implementing DobbsShield after experiencing the grave consequences which drive by hashers ..or maybe even multi-pools posed to us when they start mining (BOB) at a very low difficulty in relation to the net/pool hash, which - for a short time allows many coins to be quickly and easily mined before the difficulty increases.. but once the difficulty increases the pinkboy/multi-pool leaves, dumps the coins on the market, and screws us all dedicated miners for the next "BOB" knows how long ..with a very high difficulty and very few new coins to be mined.  This of course leads to a drop in interest, out of pocket rental mining fees to get us back on track, and frustration among a committed 'SubGenius community'.

DobbsShield protects Dobbscoin against this threat, and helps ensure greater confidence by allowing the difficulty to rise and fall almost perfectly in sync with increases or decreases in the net hash of a coin.  DobbsShield uses an asymmetrical approach to difficulty re-targeting. With DobbsShield, the difficulty is allowed to decrease in larger movements than it is allowed to increase from block to block. This keeps a blockchain from getting "stuck" i.e., not finding the next block for several hours (or days) following a major drop in the net hash of coin. It is all a balancing act. You need to allow the difficulty to increase enough between blocks to catch up to a sudden spike in net hash, but not enough to accidentally send the difficulty sky high when two miners get lucky and find blocks back to back. The same thing occurs with difficulty decreases. Since it takes much longer to find the next block, you need to allow it to drop quicker than it increases.

In summary DobbsShield is a balanced asymmetrical approach to difficulty re-targeting. You don't want to let the difficulty go too high too fast, but you need to give it enough room to catch up quickly. The same thing goes with down swings, since it takes longer to discover new blocks you need to give it more room to go down, but not enough to send it to the floor. DobbsShield is by no means the absolute "perfect" solution to the drive-by/multi pool difficulty problem, ..but after a month of getting raped by The Conspiracy.. something had to be done,

Thanks to Earlz (earlz.net) from Cleveland Ohio,
for porting DigiByte technology, and compiling the windows wallet.
Thanks also to shakezula for compiling the MAC wallet.

Avoid False Prophets, Cultivate appropriate Slack.

GET RIGHT WITH "BOB" - http://www.subgenius.com
http://www.dobbscoin.info

The following screen grab is of the POSTING from the OFFICIAL SubGenius Google Group SCRUBGENIUS.
       You MUST be a DUES PAID MEMBER of the Church of the SubGenius to read it there.. and while I assume ANYONE interested in this project is.. I've attached it here for the sake of public interest & posterity, in the hope that -- if you are not SAVED - YOU WILL GET RIGHT WITH "BOB and BE SAVED. 
Crypto-Currency or NO - Until "Bob" sees your GREEN - You're still PINK.

The Official Crypto-Currency of the Church of the SubGenius
..an American UFO parody Religion & SEX Cult.
(wikipedia)

The ONLY Crypto-Currency accepted on the Pleasure Saucers.
(BOB) comes to JUSTIFY our sins; to UNMASK the Conspiracy, and to get us back the SLACK they stole away!

When two or three are gathered in my name, and I am not there; do you not feel my hands in your pockets? - J.R. "Bob" Dobbs

UPGRADE NOW to v.0.10.1
Pages:
Jump to:
© 2020, Bitcointalksearch.org