Pages:
Author

Topic: Bought my vitamins with Bitcoin - page 6. (Read 1025 times)

Activity: 1302
Merit: 100
April 17, 2021, 08:19:00 AM
This is a very interesting topic, but in countries where Bitcoin is directly or indirectly approved by the government and their central bank, only all types of products can be bought by Bitcoin cryptocurrency.  Cryptocurrency is completely illegal in our country so we can't buy our daily necessities through bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
April 17, 2021, 08:14:09 AM
So I just scanned his QR code and paid him the amount (there was zero fee because of using the same wallet). And there you have it, my first Bitcoin peer to peer transaction with my friend for the vitamins.
I really like your idea by paying for goods using bitcoin, also the seller (your friend) will be so happy because the amount would have appreciated by now. But commentimg the transaction fee is free can be misleading. Making use of noncustododial wallet will demand for transaction fee even if you and the seller is using the same type of wallet, the fee is an amount paid to miners to make the transaction to get confirmed. But, making use of custodial wallet in which you are sending the bitcoin to someone using the same type of custodial wallet, very possible the transfer is free, because you only send a number from your account to another user, no miner is involved, and this depends on the custodial wallet you are using, some might still even demand for fee, but which may be very low if compared to number fee paid to miners during transaction.

I will not recommend people to make use of custodial service if they want to have privacy, they should go for noncustodial wallet. If thinking the fee that will be paid is too high because of high amount of fee for bitcoin transaction, he can try and manipulate with bitcoin lightning network for low fee. Bluewallet and electrum are both recommended as lightning wallet.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Revolutionized copy gaming platform
April 17, 2021, 07:55:50 AM
For several years, I have been maintaining my overall well-being by taking US-made vitamins with the same brand since late 2013. I usually order them both offline and online, either paying it through cash, bank transfer or debit card. Until now, I am still a proud user of it. It really helped managed my anxiety and panic attack symptoms, as well as better sleep quality, extra stamina during the day, better metabolism, etc.

But I stopped ordering online for 2 years. In order to save me some shipping fees, I have decided to order it from a good friend who is a licensed distributor of the vitamins product.

One day, I realized that my stocks are almost running out. So I called him to meet me to get my vitamins. My friend already have a Bitcoin wallet, but never really used it. So I asked him if he liked to be paid by Bitcoin this time, and he eventually said yes.

So I just scanned his QR code and paid him the amount (there was zero fee because of using the same wallet). And there you have it, my first Bitcoin peer to peer transaction with my friend for the vitamins.

My good friend is happy, and he doesn’t mind me to use Bitcoin again to transact with him. I don’t mind how long will BTC be massively adopted, at least it’s good to spread awareness and advocacy about it.
Pages:
Jump to: