Pages:
Author

Topic: Bounty for open source ByteCoin/Monero GUI - page 13. (Read 40736 times)

Activity: 259
Merit: 10
can we mine directly to an exchange wallet ?

No

You need Payment ID to be send with your transaction. Read more about this on main thread.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
can we mine directly to an exchange wallet ?
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
I get this error:

Error: wallet failed to connect to daemon (http://localhost:18081). Daemon either is not started or passed wrong port. Please, make sure that daemon is running or restart the wallet with correct daemon address.

And in the status bar it says: cannot connect to Daemon?

Please advise?

Could you send me the text in the 'Deamon Log' tab? Or even better, the complete bitmonerod.log file?

From your description alone I can not determine what went wrong.

[wallet 45MyRL]: Error: wallet failed to connect to daemon (http://localhost:18081). Daemon either is not started or passed wrong port. Please, make sure that daemon is running or restart the wallet with correct daemon address.
[wallet 45MyRL]: No incoming transfers
[wallet 45MyRL]: Error: wallet failed to connect to daemon (http://localhost:18081). Daemon either is not started or passed wrong port. Please, make sure that daemon is running or restart the wallet with correct daemon address.
[wallet 45MyRL]: No incoming transfers
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
Boolberry devs are also going to make a GUI for Cryptonote. A simple base GUI in 1-2 weeks and a "Nice GUI" in 1-2 months. https://github.com/cryptozoidberg/boolberry/wiki/Roadmap
Activity: 113
Please add support for the built in miner (start_mining and stop_mining commands in the cli wallet).

Many people who are not serious miners and don't want to figure out how to configure a pool can still solo mine in the regular wallet and help decentralize the network if it is as ease as a checkbox to turn on and off, with free coins occasionally being dropped into their wallet if they get lucky. A very successful coin could have millions of people doing this. This was Satoshi's original vision and unfortunately got lost in bitcoin but we can bring it back here. It is a game changer.

Your wish... Tongue

Update (download):
- Payment ID can be entered in transfer tab.
- 'Send' button in transfer tab is not enabled while the GUI waits for confirmation or error from the wallet client.
- Solo mining support added.

Eh... that one is windows only as well, what happened with multi platform?

I must sadly say the linux/mac implementation will not come from me in the near future. I have put considarable effort in porting my .NET wallet to use GTK#. I got the program running on Ubuntu, but developping the GUI for GTK# (using monodevelop) was so clunky (crashes of the IDE, combined with corruption of the designer files) I decided to put my plans to port the program to mono/gtk# on hold for now.

The core of my implementation can run on mono without any modification. If someone would like to implement a different GUI which runs on linux and/or mac, I will be happy to assist.
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
I have added simpleminer support.

Please add support for the built in miner (start_mining and stop_mining commands in the cli wallet).

Many people who are not serious miners and don't want to figure out how to configure a pool can still solo mine in the regular wallet and help decentralize the network if it is as ease as a checkbox to turn on and off, with free coins occasionally being dropped into their wallet if they get lucky. A very successful coin could have millions of people doing this. This was Satoshi's original vision and unfortunately got lost in bitcoin but we can bring it back here. It is a game changer.

I am working on a version which will look more like the official Bitcoin wallet, and the GUI functions could easily be expanded.

Although, I am going on holiday tomorrow till sunday, but expect it to be revealed in some weeks. Wink I may also post some screenshots soon Smiley

EDIT: Here is a quick teaser of the design itself, as the program currently works with the daemon only (wallet functionality is not yet implemented). As I have already said, I'll be working on this very hard from the weekend, and further development should take less and less time because of the flexible build-up I am using. I already have the ideas of what to add in the future, and it should end up being - at least - as comfortable as Bitcoin Core in the end.

It could also easily be rewritten when it's time for using a well-built RPC API.

https://github.com/Jojatekok/monero-client
I will make the binaries available once the GUI supports wallet methods.

Eh... that one is windows only as well, what happened with multi platform?
I get this error:

Error: wallet failed to connect to daemon (http://localhost:18081). Daemon either is not started or passed wrong port. Please, make sure that daemon is running or restart the wallet with correct daemon address.

And in the status bar it says: cannot connect to Daemon?

Please advise?

Could you send me the text in the 'Deamon Log' tab? Or even better, the complete bitmonerod.log file?

From your description alone I can not determine what went wrong.

aaaa Where to input Payment ID: from Poloniex?

I'll look into adding the possibility to include a payment id. Thanks for the heads up.
Activity: 264

I am working on a version which will look more like the official Bitcoin wallet, and the GUI functions could easily be expanded.

Although, I am going on holiday tomorrow till sunday, but expect it to be revealed in some weeks. Wink I may also post some screenshots soon Smiley

EDIT: Here is a quick teaser of the design itself, as the program currently works with the daemon only (wallet functionality is not yet implemented). As I have already said, I'll be working on this very hard from the weekend, and further development should take less and less time because of the flexible build-up I am using. I already have the ideas of what to add in the future, and it should end up being - at least - as comfortable as Bitcoin Core in the end.

It could also easily be rewritten when it's time for using a well-built RPC API.

https://github.com/Jojatekok/monero-client
I will make the binaries available once the GUI supports wallet methods.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

You can now launch simpleminer instances from the 'Mining' tab:

Features:
- A list of currently available pools (you can enter a custom address if the pool of your choice is not listed).
- Enters your address as default pool login
- Default password (does not seem to be used in any of the pools)
- By default automaticly sets the number of mining thread to the number of logical cores
- You can choose to show or hide the miner windows

Download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6522303/CryptoNoteWallet_latest.zip

aaaa Where to input Payment ID: from Poloniex?
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Activity: 560
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
Is it possible to mine direct to Poloniex deposit addres?
not AFAIK. You have to send the transaction with your account's Payment ID because all deposits go to one address.

Maybe you could mine the block with a Payment ID in the generation transaction?

Or the GUI could automatically send a transaction after your MRO is unlocked. But then, what's the point?
Is it possible to mine direct to Poloniex deposit addres?

You can now launch simpleminer instances from the 'Mining' tab:

Features:
- A list of currently available pools (you can enter a custom address if the pool of your choice is not listed).
- Enters your address as default pool login
- Default password (does not seem to be used in any of the pools)
- By default automaticly sets the number of mining thread to the number of logical cores
- You can choose to show or hide the miner windows

Download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6522303/CryptoNoteWallet_latest.zip
Activity: 264
I am also going to work on a wallet GUI in .NET, but based on Bitcoin-Qt Wink
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001
Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card
Giving it a try. have wallet up and synched. started solo mining.  .net UI for wallet is nice way to logs stream by
Activity: 723
Merit: 503
You did beat me into it, but then again you are simply capturing the deamon command window output.

I was diving into making a native wallet while chatting with othe all along. I had to find out the hard way that several parts of the cryptonote code that are included aren't usable in c++/clr wrapping. I managed to build it and use a simple c++ gui and call the deamon functions directly. To get this far i did spend 15 hours of researching, learning, error solving, etc...

Next i was learning Qt and managed to build some coin wallets for linux, windows and mac. I was trying to use an existing coin frontend and rewrite the middle code.

Now i feel sad about continueing, i don't want it to be a race.

Still you'r solution does not has my recommendations, thru i even considered it to do it that way. Then i would had had a wallet past week Wink

Please don't loose your enthusiasm over this. As others have pointed out it is not a race. On top of that it is best to have multiple wallets with different implementations. There should not be a single wallet/implementation (single point of failure).

I totaly agree with you that the current solution is not something you want to keep in the long run. I tried and would have prefered to use the RPC API, but it is not complete enough to build a usable wallet at this moment. As there are a lot of people asking for a GUI I started creating the wallet with the idea to get it functional quickly, with the option to make use of the RPC API later on when it is available.

I agree. Please keep on working towards your goal. This is deeply needed and you'll be rewarded for it. I've been reading some old threads about bitcoin and one of the fundamental criticism was the fact it wasnt userfriendly at all :

adress easy to use
beautiful and clean software (i suggest you inspire yourself from the theme of exchange.to : its clean and simple)
integrate every security step that the user has to make to secure his coins within the wallet (many people lost their BTC because of it)
a way to send messages

So much work need to be done, we need more people like you who thinks long term.
You did beat me into it, but then again you are simply capturing the deamon command window output.

I was diving into making a native wallet while chatting with othe all along. I had to find out the hard way that several parts of the cryptonote code that are included aren't usable in c++/clr wrapping. I managed to build it and use a simple c++ gui and call the deamon functions directly. To get this far i did spend 15 hours of researching, learning, error solving, etc...

Next i was learning Qt and managed to build some coin wallets for linux, windows and mac. I was trying to use an existing coin frontend and rewrite the middle code.

Now i feel sad about continueing, i don't want it to be a race.

Still you'r solution does not has my recommendations, thru i even considered it to do it that way. Then i would had had a wallet past week Wink

Please don't loose your enthusiasm over this. As others have pointed out it is not a race. On top of that it is best to have multiple wallets with different implementations. There should not be a single wallet/implementation (single point of failure).

I totaly agree with you that the current solution is not something you want to keep in the long run. I tried and would have prefered to use the RPC API, but it is not complete enough to build a usable wallet at this moment. As there are a lot of people asking for a GUI I started creating the wallet with the idea to get it functional quickly, with the option to make use of the RPC API later on when it is available.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
I've just sent 12 MRO Smiley Hopefully we can have a nice GUI soon ! It's a real hassle to transfer money when you copy past an adress from bitcointalk into the window command !

Received.

Total MRO now 1622
Activity: 723
Merit: 503
I've just sent 12 MRO Smiley Hopefully we can have a nice GUI soon ! It's a real hassle to transfer money when you copy past an adress from bitcointalk into the window command !
Pages:
Jump to: